Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2014, 12:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching this .So many craptastic films, that i will now have to seek out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (23.9 KB, 9 views)
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2014, 03:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Cold Eyes of Fear (1971)

Cold Eyes of Fear eschews the typical giallo motifs of the black gloved killer and delivers in essence a home invasion thriller. In fact the only real visual trademark of the genre is the opening minutes when director Enzo G Castellari throws us head first into a sexual confrontation at knife point however in true giallo style nothing is as it first appears.

Cold Eyes of Fear although dispensing with the murder strands of the genre does run with other plot devices namely blackmail and corruption and all delivered in woefully dubbed English accents. Legendary composer Ennio Morricone enlivens the action with a brilliant soundtrack which is often both bouncy and jarring at the same time.

Recommended to those who like their gialli a little different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ceof.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 5th August 2014, 05:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I got the Redemption DVD free when I subscribed to the Dark Side magazine years ago, only watched it twice, but I very much enjoyed it on both occasions
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th August 2014, 05:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I got the Redemption DVD free when I subscribed to the Dark Side magazine years ago, only watched it twice, but I very much enjoyed it on both occasions
I got mine free with either that mag or Dvd World as well.
Old 5th August 2014, 06:10 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I used to own the AWE DVD of Cold Eyes of Fear before upgrading to the Redemption Blu last year. It's a film I quite enjoy and certainly something a little different within the gialli canon.
Old 5th August 2014, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I used to own the AWE DVD of Cold Eyes of Fear before upgrading to the Redemption Blu last year. It's a film I quite enjoy and certainly something a little different within the gialli canon.

Is the Blu region free, if so I could be tempted to upgrade. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it is and I've got it on my Amazon wishlist
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th August 2014, 06:52 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Caged Heat (1974)

Jonathan 'Silence of the Lambs' Demme's directorial debut takes the form of an attitude fueled women in prison flick chock full of the usual staples including plenty of tits and bush, in-fighting, and escape attempts. Whilst a fair way away from some of the sleazier and seedier films which inhabit this sub-genre of cinema, it still has enough action and mild debauchery to keep its audience entertained. Russ Meyer stalwart Erica Gavin and the iconic Barbara Steele provide some of the film's key talent, the latter of whom plays the prison's sadistic, wheelchair bound warden. Whilst more Exploitation-lite, you can sense that the film struggles to break these bonds throughout under Demme's writing and direction with attempts to flesh out the characters and portray them as more than random inmates for the sole purpose of on-screen titillation. The low budget skews this endeavour slightly, however the fairly lean script and the mixture of comedy, action and erotica makes for an entertaining use of 80 minutes.

7/10
Old 5th August 2014, 07:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
[CENTER]Caged Heat (1974)
Is it Jackson County Jail next or are you not watching the Shout double pack?
Old 5th August 2014, 08:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it Jackson County Jail next or are you not watching the Shout double pack?
Nope, Schoolgirls in Chains next - I'm making a start on those elusive Nightmare USA titles!
Old 5th August 2014, 08:16 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Is the Blu region free, if so I could be tempted to upgrade. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it is and I've got it on my Amazon wishlist
It is indeed.

Like this? Share it using the links below!