Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2013, 06:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I thought it was good too. The zoo where the original story unfolded is about half an hour from me here in Devon. The "Matt Damon" character, Benjamin Mee, is there most Sundays and is a nice guy.
Thats cool. Is it a good zoo?

The film makes it out to be a "family" place rather than a massive corporate zoo.
Old 3rd August 2013, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not just me then!
I'm not so much a fan of the films, more a fan of Leatherface, I'd gladly watch that character in anything
I picked it up from CEX for £8, but I think you can get it for a fiver from Blockbuster
No it's not I enjoyed it as well.
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thats cool. Is it a good zoo?

The film makes it out to be a "family" place rather than a massive corporate zoo.
Oh yeah, it's lovely. Tiny little place that's not got the faintest whiff of them doing it to make a colossal amount of money. We've been there on numerous occasions - it's very small but they've got a nice selection of well looked-after animals that include cheetahs, tigers, lions, monkeys, meerkats and the like. Nothing too big but the enclosures are nice and the animals look happy and at ease.

Here's the website.
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Father's Day

Sick, disturbing and totally up. I really enjoyed it surprised it didn't have the church up in arms! 9/10
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:09 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Suck (2009)

Whilst on tour a struggling rock band are, one by one, turned into vampires and the success they once so craved begins to arrive, at a price.

Occasionally a films title really does sum it up. Suck, well, sucks.

The film begins promisingly enough as we get to know the band - the ironically titled The Winners. We also meet Alice Cooper for the first time as a bar tender. The film has plenty of rock in jokes and at times the film incorporates classic album covers such as Abbey Road and Springsteen's Born in the USA. The film also has some rather nice cameo's from Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins and Alex Lifeson as well as the aforementioned Alice Cooper who turns out to be the devil at the crossroads in life. See Robert Johnson for further details. Malcolm McDowell also turns up as the scared of the dark vampire hunter Eddie Van Helsing. His brother Alex Van Helsing must have been unavailable.

Unfortunately after half an hour the film just becomes dull to the point of boredom. The band tour the States sucking the blood of the innocent on the way but alas this is all off screen, we just know this thanks to a map and the bloody splats on it.

The films main problem is the lack of story, or at least the lack of an interesting one, unfortunately no amount of cameo's or amusing side shows can put this right.

Recommended only to Alice and Iggy completists.
The girl who plays the barmaid in the club is Calico Cooper - the daughter of Alice

She has appeared on tour with her father, usually playing a victim!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZhIikQUnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPFpvQWbKU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcahFJpkD6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBAlEo_Pm8Y

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

My final two films at Fantasia;

Rewind This Absolutely brilliant documentary abiut VHS and VHS collectors. Standout scene - how best to classify your collection - a problem many people around these parts will recognise. For those of you frightfesting this year, please go and support this film (im not sure its on the main screen).

Discopath Rather poor local effort and the only bad film I saw. Disappointing end to an otherwise fantastic journey.

I hopeto write more over on my Diary thread, I need to get caught up as its only 2 and 1/2 weeks until Fantasy Film Fest and another 40 films.
troggi likes this.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
The girl who plays the barmaid in the club is Calico Cooper - the daughter of Alice

She has appeared on tour with her father, usually playing a victim!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZhIikQUnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPFpvQWbKU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcahFJpkD6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBAlEo_Pm8Y
How many daughters does he have? I thought one played the nurse.
Old 3rd August 2013, 10:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Father's Day

Sick, disturbing and totally up. I really enjoyed it surprised it didn't have the church up in arms! 9/10
Ridiculously entertaining. I watched the final twenty minutes with my mouth open, just insane and so, so wrong.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:08 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Saw The Conjuring today and wow did it live up to my hype!
I been going on about this non stop since October last year as even the story that announced it made me excited. Im a big Wan fan so this was a deffo watch for me but it went beyond that once I heard about the positive test screening last year!

Just like typical Wan, the cinematography is breathtaking, the acting from Vera, Patrick and the kids is great! There is a constant feeling of dread and atmosphere created in this flick and best of all no cheap jump scares!

My movie of the year so far and by far best horror in YEARS!

9/10
troggi likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th August 2013, 03:02 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
What did you think of this MB?

I saw it at Christmas and rather enjoyed it. Sure it was a little schmaltzy in places but on the whole i thought it was good.
I really enjoyed it though it was a great little film to watch with the family.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!