Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179953Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2012, 10:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Now, I might be breaking a rule here. But i've just finished watching a TV series. I should post this in the TV series thread, but people visit here more often so i'll post this warning here. Don't, for any reason, watch Elfen Lied. The most unpleasent, degrading, vulger, spiteful and bad taste anime I have ever seen, and i've watched Legend of the Overfiend! Avoid!
Never seen any anime and can't imagine getting into it! It just seems like.....Pokemon for adults!
Old 5th December 2012, 10:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Wrong Turn 5.
Liked the first one, found the second just unpleasant! Thought the third one was rubbish and totally disliked the fourth! Think I'll avoid the fifth! Thanks for the warning!!
Old 6th December 2012, 07:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Never seen any anime and can't imagine getting into it! It just seems like.....Pokemon for adults!
There are plenty of good anime out there, and as anime is a median it is not squared at children only. Some, like Hellsing Ultimate, Black lagoon and Afro Samurai are excelent place's to look for adult anime with great (or, in HU case, freakin masterful) story telling and with art that blow's the Pokemon shite outa the water. But Elfin Lied is just vulger, putrid, rancid trash with no rhym or reason.
It's also my prime example where the BBFC **** up. So Dellamorte Dellamore get's and 18 for one, rather un-sensualised sex scene, yet Elfin Lied get's an 15, even though one episode features the graphic rape of an 8 year old girl BY HER OWN FATHER!
Old 6th December 2012, 07:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I used to watch Anime when I was about 12, stuff like Akira, Fist of the North Star, Urotsukidoji etc, saw some recently and just thought it was plain weird and over the top just for the sake of it, guess its just not my cup of tea anymore
fuzzymctiger likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th December 2012, 07:35 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I used to watch Anime when I was about 12, stuff like Akira, Fist of the North Star, Urotsukidoji etc, saw some recently and just thought it was plain weird and over the top just for the sake of it, guess its just not my cup of tea anymore
Urotsukidoji not over the top? Bloody hell! Do you even remember that piece of crap for what it is?
It has a kid lop off his dick and replace it with a demon dildo!
But yeah, cheack up on the 3 afformentioned titles, there very much going against the grain in term's of quality.
Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.

Last edited by Hawkmonger; 6th December 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 6th December 2012, 07:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
even though one episode features the graphic rape of an 8 year old girl BY HER OWN FATHER!
Quote:
It has a kid lop of his dick and replace it with a demon dildo!
But yeah, cheack up on the 3 afformentioned titles, there very much going against the grain in term's of quality.
Jeeze! Sound like real fun...not! :/
Old 6th December 2012, 07:48 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Urotsukidoji not over the top? Bloody hell! Do you even remember that piece of crap for what it is?
It has a kid lop of his dick and replace it with a demon dildo!
TBH it was 20 years ago, so I can't remember a great deal about Urotsukidoji, I seem to remember it being one of the only 18 rated Manga's that my mate had. He also lent me one about a vampire hunter, forget it's name now but I do remember enjoying it, could've been Vampire Hunter D or something like that, like I said it was 20 years ago
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 6th December 2012, 07:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
There are plenty of good anime out there, and as anime is a median it is not squared at children only. Some, like Hellsing Ultimate, Black lagoon and Afro Samurai are excelent place's to look for adult anime with great (or, in HU case, freakin masterful) story telling and with art that blow's the Pokemon shite outa the water. But Elfin Lied is just vulger, putrid, rancid trash with no rhym or reason.
It's also my prime example where the BBFC **** up. So Dellamorte Dellamore get's and 18 for one, rather un-sensualised sex scene, yet Elfin Lied get's an 15, even though one episode features the graphic rape of an 8 year old girl BY HER OWN FATHER!
Cowboy Bebop is a fine anime, really fantastic with great action, writing an music.

I would call it the perfect anime and a great place to start. Also the Ghost In The Shell movies and shows are also amazing.
Demoncrat and Hawkmonger like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 6th December 2012, 07:55 AM
Cult Addict

As harsh as its contents were, I thought ELFEN LIED was actually pretty decent. As the main character has the capability of making the human race extinct, the various atrocity's in the show where there to make one wonder if the human race was actually worth saving given it's cruelty and violence towards itself. Part of the problem is that it only represents a small portion of the manga so like the equally nasty gantz, it didn't contain the entire plot.

As for anime, well its like cult films in that its not for everyone. Stick zombie flesh-eaters on in front of the average cinema goer they would probably deried it as sick crap and ask to watch reident evil instead. It's all about individual taste at the end of the day.
Rik, PaulD, Hawkmonger and 1 others like this.
Old 6th December 2012, 07:57 AM
Cult Addict

Also if you like afro samurai then watch SAMURAI CHAMPLOO, its the show that afro samurai wishes it was!

Good starting point for newbies I would suggest would be that, or cowboy beebop, beserk or black lagoon.
fuzzymctiger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!