Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 10:02 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Watched Berberian Sound Studio yesterday. If you haven't already, then go out and buy it now!
Done
Rik likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Glad you like it!! fantstic movie imo.

on more of a downer, been doing my sums vis-a-vie this job im going to the interview for. £250 quid a week basic wage, subtract tax, then the cost of the commute (which is still cheaper than physically moving there) and loss of council tax reductions and i'll have barely anything left...

Still, they were nice enough to give me an interview, and i've not had to do one of those in ten long years so i'll head along anyway.

Worse still, in a meeting regarding my redundancy, i'm owed a weeks wages for every year i've worked there. The swine are basing it on my 16 hours contract, when holidays aside i've not worked my contracted hours once, I was always king of the overtime... I hope they revise my payment or its off to a tribunal. Heading down to citizens advice on friday to see what my options are....
I was busy doing uni work so I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm gonna watch it again this week.
As for your reduncy money, I got made redundant 3 years ago this March and they ****ed it up so we took the company to a tribunal and each receieved an extra £3000, it's worth checking that they are doing it properly, we didn't know any different but one guy figured out they were screwing us
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th January 2013, 10:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just watched my Evil Dead BD, looks and sounds great and the aspect ratio didn't bother me so I'm more than happy with it. Was gonna put on EDII but I only watched it last week so I've got (Bruce Campbell Vs )Army of Darkness on instead, don't get the hatred for this film, I loved 20 years ago when it came out and still do!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th January 2013, 12:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Just watched my Evil Dead BD, looks and sounds great and the aspect ratio didn't bother me so I'm more than happy with it. Was gonna put on EDII but I only watched it last week so I've got (Bruce Campbell Vs )Army of Darkness on instead, don't get the hatred for this film, I loved 20 years ago when it came out and still do!
Same here, Army of Darkness is superb. I actually rank them Evil Dead, Army Of Darkness, Evil Dead 2.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th January 2013, 02:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I have the Evil Dead BD (UK steelbook) on its way to me now - what's the problem with the aspect ratio?
Old 9th January 2013, 02:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
I have the Evil Dead BD (UK steelbook) on its way to me now - what's the problem with the aspect ratio?
It's not really a problem, just that when the film first came to widescreen, the film was matted to 1:85:1 for most releases. Whilst the American releases still give you the option of 1:33:1, every else you don't not. Hardly changes the experience of the film.
Linbro likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th January 2013, 03:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

OK, thanks mate. Can't see that worrying me.
Old 9th January 2013, 04:43 AM
Cultist in Training

Bloodbeat - I can't even accurately describe how nonsensical and bizarre this was. I may have to review it and hope I can make heads or tails of it.

Andrew Dominik's Killing Them Softly - Church review HERE.

Half of What the Peeper Saw - so far boobies + Britt Ekland does not a movie make.

- Razor88
Old 9th January 2013, 07:13 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I was busy doing uni work so I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm gonna watch it again this week.
As for your reduncy money, I got made redundant 3 years ago this March and they ****ed it up so we took the company to a tribunal and each receieved an extra £3000, it's worth checking that they are doing it properly, we didn't know any different but one guy figured out they were screwing us
I'm headed to citizens advice on friday for a consultation. when your a part-timer like me they are SUPPOSED to factor in overtime to calculate a weeks pay. They do this (or are supposed to) by looking at your last 12 weeks wages. My company hasnt done this and is trying to pay the bare minimum by basing it on my contract hours...

To quote peter finch in network

"i'm mad as hell and i'm not going to take it anymore!"
Old 9th January 2013, 08:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Jeanne d'Arc (1900)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post310430
sawyer6 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!