All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2013, 11:59 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A decade or so ago in Darlington, one of the lads at the sixth form college told people he was having a party as his parents were away and the house was completely trashed, with a sofa being thrown through the front window and mess everywhere. It made the front page of a couple of local newspapers and the local news. It wasn't on the scale of the one in Australia, but still cost his parents a great deal of money.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Did I mention I was practicaly forced to watch Project X last night? What a vile, putrid, moraly incompetant, unfunny mean spirited, crude, malicious and down right nasty piece of dog shite it is. Twilight Breaking Bad part shitstorm is no longer the worst movie of 2012 as I see it. This vulger stain on the face of film making is an insult to anyone inteligences. As a house party film, it's dull, as a reflection of humantiy I dispair.
Up next, folks. Hawkmonger's review of Movie 43.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
A decade or so ago in Darlington, one of the lads at the sixth form college told people he was having a party as his parents were away and the house was completely trashed, with a sofa being thrown through the front window and mess everywhere. It made the front page of a couple of local newspapers and the local news. It wasn't on the scale of the one in Australia, but still cost his parents a great deal of money.
Haha now that I think about it, I think I saw Corey Worthington wiping car windshields at an intersection coming home from sport once
Linbro likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 6th February 2013, 12:07 PM
Cult Addict

I see i'm not going to win anyone over.
Sometimes a film comes along that is just so awful I feel the need to tell people to avoid it. Ken Park, now Project X. Hopefully I can go longer without watching such a dire film again.
Oh well, Hitchcok on friday. Should enjoy that, can't say i'll be seeing Movie 43 tbh.

DVD and BD collection
Old 6th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm no prude myself but I'm with Hawky on this one Project X made me want to kill myself It was utterly vile.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th February 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm no prude myself but I'm with Hawky on this one Project X made me want to kill myself It was utterly vile.
Haha, I actually want to see it now.

It'll be one of those films a mate forces me to watch at some point I can just tell.

First The Hangover, then American Pie, then Harold & Kumar. What next?

(Excelt Haold and Kumar was good)

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 6th February 2013, 12:23 PM
Cult Veteran

I think the main difference is this particular film isn't played out like a comedy - think Superbad meets Skins but without the jokes.

Old 6th February 2013, 12:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I think the main difference is this particular film isn't played out like a comedy - think Superbad meets Skins but without the jokes.
As it wasn't real, I thought it was pretty funny when you had the whole neighbourhood in uproar and someone so wound up he was blowing up cars and burning down everything in sight with a flamethrower.

Of course, if it was a documentary, I'd have very different feelings about the party and the fallout. As it was, it was a case of repeating 'It's only a film. It's only a film. It's only a film…'.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran

I'm totally with you on that point - I just didn't like it!

Old 6th February 2013, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Problem is that murder will always be considered a sin to society. The horros done in this film are becoming increasingly considered 'cool', being part of said generation it just break my spirit when something like this encourages such behaviour.
I share your concerns about the state of society in one sense, although you have to be careful when drawing conclusions because the media expands and distorts reality so that it fits a specific agenda.

The causes of violence and criminal behaviour in our society differ on a case to case basis, although generally you would find that bad parenting and a lack of social and moral guidance, poverty, peer pressure, mental health problems or revenge would probably account for much of it.

I don't believe that anyone watching an act of murder, for example, in a film would go out and commit such a crime. The willingness to do so would have to be already present within the mind of an individual, for some reason, before that would happen. Films are not dangerous, but some people most certainly are.

Like this? Share it using the links below!