All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2013, 09:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

A Lonely Place To Die (2011)

I'm not going to spoil this for anybody, storywise. I'll just say that i was completely gripped by this thriller. Superb cinematography from a director who puts his money where his mouth is (See the extras). The cast are uniformly excellent in a story in no way did i find predictable.

Its everything you would hope for from this type of film. Great action, ruthless killers, a twisty plot and above all nerve shredding outdoors terror.

Anyone who likes their outdoors horror films, if they haven't seen it should check this out imminently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 618w_lonely_place_to_die_poster.jpg (80.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 20th March 2013, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
A Lonely Place To Die (2011)

I'm not going to spoil this for anybody, storywise. I'll just say that i was completely gripped by this thriller. Superb cinematography from a director who puts his money where his mouth is (See the extras). The cast are uniformly excellent in a story in no way did i find predictable.

Its everything you would hope for from this type of film. Great action, ruthless killers, a twisty plot and above all nerve shredding outdoors terror.

Anyone who likes their outdoors horror films, if they haven't seen it should check this out imminently.
I was listening to one of the old Kermode film review podcasts today when this was reviewed and it sounds like something I'd enjoy. I'm on a mega budget at the minute though so I hope it turns up in Thats Entertainments 2 For £5 deals which have a high turnover of titles
Old 20th March 2013, 09:31 PM
Cult Addict

Dario Argento's Dracula.

What a load of rubbish. Theres some good sets and locations but thats it, its a flatly made, dull, anemic piece of crap with little to reccomend aside from some nice tits on some of the female cast members, the performances are lifeless the score is dull and uninspired, absolutley no suspense or atmosphere and some of the worst computer generated effects I have seen. You'd be better served not even bothering to seek it out and watch subspecies instead, not even giallo was THIS bad.
trebor8273 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Dario Argento's Dracula.

What a load of rubbish. Theres some good sets and locations but thats it, its a flatly made, dull, anemic piece of crap with little to reccomend aside from some nice tits on some of the female cast members, the performances are lifeless the score is dull and uninspired, absolutley no suspense or atmosphere and some of the worst computer generated effects I have seen. You'd be better served not even bothering to seek it out and watch subspecies instead, not even giallo was THIS bad.
I haven't watched this yet, but judging by the views of members here and the reviews I've read, it's hard to believe that this film comes from the guy that gave us Suspiria, Tenebre and Deep Red. I'm still going to watch it out of curiosity, even if it means losing out on 2 hours of my life that could be better spent counting grains of sand in my kids' sand pit!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th March 2013, 09:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1931:

Monkey Business
M
Cimarron
Night Nurse

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post329376
sawyer6 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't watched this yet, but judging by the views of members here and the reviews I've read, it's hard to believe that this film comes from the guy that gave us Suspiria, Tenebre and Deep Red. I'm still going to watch it out of curiosity, even if it means losing out on 2 hours of my life that could be better spent counting grains of sand in my kids' sand pit!
Its a f*****g dreadful artless mess. At one point Dracula appears as a giant poorly animated CGI preying mantis that looks like it came from a psone era horror game, I watched it with a friend who kept picking up the remote to check the running time, and this is a lad who still tries to defend Giallo, phantom of the opera and stendahl syundrome... its pretty much his worst film.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I bet it's still better than The Card Player
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th March 2013, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It sounds more interesting.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Compliance

Not a horror film, but a damn disturbing one. Based on true events, Compliance examines the blind lengths some people will go to when confronted with authority - in this case a true life incident in which a young, female employee of a fast food chain is detained and subjected to abuse after a crank caller, pretending to be a cop, phones the store manager and claims the girl is under investigation for theft.

It left me incredulous, but even more so when a google revealed the film's more unbelievable moments to be true. You'd think alarm bells would be ringing with these people way before it goes to the places it goes, but no. Utterly jaw dropping and infuriating in equal measure, but a fascinating watch all the same.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:25 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Stick em' up! I'll fight you ya' cur!
fuzzymctiger likes this.

DVD and BD collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!