Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2013, 07:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Pan's Labyrinth which was too magical and wind-in the-willows fantasy filled.
With added Gaspar Noe extreme face violence . . .
Zann and troggi like this.
Old 16th June 2013, 07:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
In the Star Wars films, Lucas uses screen wipes – something he 'borrowed' from Akira Kurosawa. Was that the same in Red Tails?
No it was different! At times it was kind of like a silent transition? It was very off putting almost As if there had been a lot of editing! The prison break for instance: One minute 'Raygun' is discovered whilst escaping and makes a break for it the next....different scene! It just didn't seem to flow together!
Old 16th June 2013, 07:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
With added Gaspar Noe extreme face violence . . .
Granted no-one ever had their face opened up to Kenneth Williams' narration.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 16th June 2013, 07:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From 1938:
Olympia - Parts 1&2 Festival of Nations / Festival of Beauty After an hour I got bored of this three and a half hour sports documentary!
You Can't Take it With You Not as good as I was hoping for in a Capra film.
Porky's Hare Hunt Porky Pig with a Bugs/Daffy/Woody Woodpecker madcap rabbit!
Child Bride Absolutely bloody awful film whose only point of interest is its historical place in cinema (just about!)
The Adventures of Robin Hood It passed the time! Makes me laugh to see Errol Flynn wildly waving his sword about! "Oh-er Missus"

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post347407
Demoncrat and troggi like this.
Old 16th June 2013, 09:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Fisher King this afternoon followed by the second in my short season of Carpenter films The Fog. I guess neither film needs introduction here. Both are highly recommended.
Old 16th June 2013, 10:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Old 16th June 2013, 11:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
No it was different! At times it was kind of like a silent transition? It was very off putting almost As if there had been a lot of editing! The prison break for instance: One minute 'Raygun' is discovered whilst escaping and makes a break for it the next....different scene! It just didn't seem to flow together!
It was abrupt i thought so you didn't know what happened to him.

Therefore when the officer returned his tags to the airmen we were supposed to think him dead, only for him to show up at the end and we all cheer.

The sort of twist thats never been attempted before.
Old 16th June 2013, 11:24 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I watched GREGORY'S TWO GIRLS last night. A strange mix of Operation Yew Tree type shenanigans and Noam Chomsky's politics. Weird and shit not weird shit...
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 16th June 2013, 11:30 PM
Cult Addict

Reservoir Dogs.

Don't really need to say much more about this do I?! Still a classic today. Shame the Blu-ray is missing one or two bonus features from the dvd. The main omission is the 'tribute' to Lawrence Tierney where everyone discusses what a nutter the bloke was! Main reason I kept my DVD. Watching Harvey Keitel act his little socks off inspired my second choice for the evening...

Bad Lieutenant.

Abel Ferrarer really delivers the goods with this film. A slow burning tale of redemption in the seedy underbelly of new york see's Harvey Keitel playing the nameless Lieutenant, a drug addicted cop who spends quite a bit of time either drunk, stark bollock naked and wailing or shoving coke into any availible orifice all the while getting more and more into debt to his bookies with a series of disasterous bets on Mets vs Dodgers games. He's a monstrous and depraved character whose not beyond using his badge to bully a couple of teenage girls into posing for him in their car so he can have a wank, listening in to confessions in church and spying on a rape exam for a young nun. Eventually he has the opportunity to clear his alarming debts by arresting two youngsters who raped the nun or he can find catholic redemption by allowing them to go free and abiding by the victims wishes.
Its still as harsh and powerful a film as it was on release and certainly worth watching. Unfortunately the origional rap soundtrack from the laserdisc and one Uk tv screening isnt present here, it was removed due to a sample taken without permission from Led Zepplins Kashmir which just proves what a bunch of humourless and hypocritical c**ts the band are given their own penchant for 'borrowing' other peoples works. 5 Bands Who Stole Their Best Songs | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
Old 16th June 2013, 11:33 PM
Cult Addict

Oh and heres the track thats supposed to be on Bad lieutenant.

F**k you Jimmy paige.
Demoncrat and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!