Like Tree179956Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th October 2013, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I quite liked it, but really don't like A Beautiful Mind.
Ha ha, not seen that one either.
Speaking of Ron Howard, Angels & Demons is TV tonight, not a patch on the book, but I still like it
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th October 2013, 06:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Speaking of Ron Howard, Angels & Demons is TV tonight, not a patch on the book, but I still like it
That's crap, but at least it's more fun than The Da Vinci Code, which is horribly turgid.
troggi likes this.
Old 13th October 2013, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Lets just say I would give the first 2 stars aswell and this one 4 stars outta 5, so in my opinion its a significant. It ramps up everything so it feels more like a wild exploitation film than the original which was weighed down by its political commentary and too many talky bits. In short, I found it just SO much more fun.

I don't get all the criticism for it being sexist and misogynistic e.g like the idiot who did the Empire Review - ITS A FREAKING EXPLOITATION PICTURE FFS!. Filth which is out at the moment also has plenty scenes of women in sexy get-up but hypocritical mainstream critics look past that and hail it a excellent film.
I read the Empire review earlier and, unfortunately, found that the paper was too shiny to wipe my arse on! All I can say is that Empire sent the wrong person to review "Machete Kills". He should have reviewed something more up his street like "In the Night Garden" or "Octonauts" and they should've sent someone who can put their tongue in their cheek without dribbling down their multiple chins. T'b' fair I 'ave no idea 'ow many chins the reviewer 'ad, nor do I care!

I will 'ave t' wait t' see "Machete Kills" as both troglets 'ad their birthdays this month 'n' chrimbo's a' comin' so troggi's mate, Pearl, 'as put stoppers in me pockets 'n' rat traps in me wallet t' stop me buyin' useless stuff like DVDs 'n' comics

Monster Magnet
Old 13th October 2013, 06:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Ha ha, not seen that one either.
Ignore Argentofan, EdTV was actually very good.

I too enjoyed Angels and Demons, as you say its not as good as the book which was excellent - a real page turner. Far superior to the boring Da Vinci Code novel which i gave up to half way through.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 13th October 2013, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ignore Argentofan, EdTV was actually very good.

I too enjoyed Angels and Demons, as you say its not as good as the book which was excellent - a real page turner. Far superior to the boring Da Vinci Code novel which i gave up to half way through.
I read the Da Vinci Code in one sitting during my first night of chemo, literally couldn't put it down. Then my sister brought me Angels & Demons into the hospital the next day and I read that in one sitting too!
The Lost Symbol was good also and I'm yet to read Inferno, but I've heard it's not very good
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th October 2013, 07:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
MASSAGE PARLOR MURDERS. Fairly average exploitation fare, involving hookers being killed by a maniac. Light on both sex and violence, this lacks the scuzziness I both wanted and needed. That said, I love this type of stuff and enjoyed it over all.
Reminded me of Pete Walker's Man of Violence (which is much better btw).
troggi likes this.
Old 13th October 2013, 07:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Reminded me of Pete Walker's Man of Violence (which is much better btw).
I've still not got round to buying Walker's "Man of Violence", I'll have to rectify that come pay day.
bdc, Demdike@Cult Labs and troggi like this.
Old 13th October 2013, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've still not got round to buying Walker's "Man of Violence", I'll have to rectify that come pay day.
You won't regret it.

Its far better than his horror output imo.
Old 13th October 2013, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

... and took the opportunity (its just too hot to wonder round the Disney World resort - perhaps the worst place to hold a conference - and I can't spend the whole afternoon drinking Mojito's) to see Machete Kills which fails to fully recapture the energy and spirit of the original. Instead we get a poorly paced linear narrative with nothing to really drive it. Despite this Mel Gibson's turn as the bad guy is actually a lot of fun and I will be near the front of the queue for Machete Kills Again ...in Space when/if it gets made.

Cinema was quite cool - dine in theatre similar to the concept pioneered by the Alamo Drafthouse - although the young girl serving me refused to allow me to order alcholic drinks (I am in my very early forties) because I had no i.d.!
troggi likes this.

Last edited by SShaw; 13th October 2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 13th October 2013, 10:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Don't be afraid of the Dark (2010) Well I certainly wont be!
The Masque of the Red Death (1964) Love the ending when the brothers brag about how many they've killed!
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!