All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179852Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th September 2009, 05:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Sick Girl was good, but I think they tried to develop the characters a bit too much and it meant it got lost a bit in the middle. Started off well though with the school bus slaughter and pissing on a nun's face... !

I still haven't seen Drag Me To Hell... I might wait for the DVD to drop in price when it's released and pick it up then. I've heard mixed reviews so I don't really know what to expect. I definitely want to see it though.
drag me to hell had some great moments but the cgi at times was awful and i thought it relied on sudden jumps for scares far too much and it got a bit annoying,the fight scene in the car park had me in stitches. its defo not worth a full price buy.
Old 29th September 2009, 05:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I really enjoyed Deadgirl - very indie, and it does loose itself towards the end, but overall it was a fresh lil' horror.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

secrets of the clown: this was one of the ones from brain damage and i really enjoyed it ,the acting was a bit awful at times but it was a lot of fun 7/10

pig hunt: great film, always keeps changing i started off thinking this was going to be yet another deliverance style film but luckily i was wrong it has so much more, cant rally say what without spoiling any of it but i defo recommend watching this 8/10
Old 30th September 2009, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death Carries A Cane - decent giallo not the best the genre has to offer but worth a look. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if the dvd had a decent print.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 30th September 2009, 11:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Horrible
Thought it was ok. Eastman wasn't as menacing as he was in Anthro but some decent enough gore.
The kid in it is proabably the worst kid actor ever(Is it a young Hayden Christenson maybe??) the tantrum when his mother took the remote off him was outrageously bad
Old 30th September 2009, 11:33 AM
Ex-member

Default 'What dvd's have you seen recently and can you recommend them?'‏

I think Argento's THE STENDAHL SYNDROME is a good and underrated giallo. I have 2xdvds of the film from Blue Underground and Medusa.
My fave of all though is TENEBRE. Brilliant!
Old 30th September 2009, 06:08 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
secrets of the clown: this was one of the ones from brain damage and i really enjoyed it ,the acting was a bit awful at times but it was a lot of fun 7/10

pig hunt: great film, always keeps changing i started off thinking this was going to be yet another deliverance style film but luckily i was wrong it has so much more, cant rally say what without spoiling any of it but i defo recommend watching this 8/10

I couldn't agree more with the Secrets Of The Clown mini-review. I watched that the other night and seriously luved it. It was so bad - but a good bad! The psychic who seems to have an orgasm every time he touches something and there's some great one liners in there especially the toaster scene. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through this!
Old 30th September 2009, 06:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
I couldn't agree more with the Secrets Of The Clown mini-review. I watched that the other night and seriously luved it. It was so bad - but a good bad! The psychic who seems to have an orgasm every time he touches something and there's some great one liners in there especially the toaster scene. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through this!
"you're toast"
awesome
Old 30th September 2009, 06:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Yipppee! You remember it That and the South Park reference were actually really funny and INTENTIONAL! A film not only unintentionally hillarious but INTENTIONALLY too!

WIN!
Old 30th September 2009, 06:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No one else seen DEAD SNOW?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!