Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180012Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2017, 01:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That's the one, I think it was a fake news story about people fainting to build up hype
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st June 2017, 02:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
RAW

I've said this before, the French don't often do horror, however when they do the results are worth watching. This is certainly true of this fantastique tale of a girl becoming a woman as she navigates the worl of university studying to be a vet. Not only does she have the usual issues being new at school, its compounded by her nascent cannibalisitc tendencies that are brought out in a hazing ritual where shes forced to eat raw rabbits liver. Could the cannibalism be a metaphor for the struggle of becoming an adult? Perhaps the paranoid fantasies of someone who copromises their prinicples (vegetarianism) to fit in. Either way the end result is great and well worth watching.

Is this the movie that was meant to have caused a stir or controversary??[/QUOTE]

It is. Its not as messed up as they hype suggests but it has wince inducing moments. The bit that had me cringing, weirdly, was the scene of the character getting a 'brazillian' off her sister.
Old 1st June 2017, 02:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post

Is this the movie that was meant to have caused a stir or controversary??
It is. Its not as messed up as they hype suggests but it has wince inducing moments. The bit that had me cringing, weirdly, was the scene of the character getting a 'brazillian' off her sister. [/QUOTE]

I got it on pre order but as you say the hype I made like Antichrist and Blair Witch Project both were naff
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 1st June 2017, 03:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It is. Its not as messed up as they hype suggests but it has wince inducing moments. The bit that had me cringing, weirdly, was the scene of the character getting a 'brazillian' off her sister.
I got it on pre order but as you say the hype I made like Antichrist and Blair Witch Project both were naff [/QUOTE]

I genuinely loved antichrist.

I was watching it with one of my friends who genuinely hated it. I'm a bit of a lars von trier junkie though so I tend to enjoy all his stuff.
Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.
Old 1st June 2017, 03:37 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:

Is this the movie that was meant to have caused a stir or controversary??
It is. Its not as messed up as they hype suggests but it has wince inducing moments. The bit that had me cringing, weirdly, was the scene of the character getting a 'brazillian' off her sister. [/QUOTE]

Did it bring back painful memories?
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st June 2017, 03:46 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Did it bring back painful memories?[/QUOTE]

Facial expression.....

shocked.jpg
Old 1st June 2017, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

Cube 2: Hypercube
so like the original and the prequel the premise is simple, people awake to find themselves in a Cube room with 6 doors, the difference no physical traps and these rooms defy the laws of time and space, as usual they all have to try and figure a way out.
This one has a rather interesting idea with it in the form of 4 dimensional world where time and space is convoluded. the acting is good (some characters do wear on you but meh). a really good soundtrack, some ok visuals as well. the truth is though i don't think you even need to see the first cube movie to watch this as here is only a brief mention of the original.
7/10
Old 1st June 2017, 05:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Worth a watch for Liev Schreiber's excellent performance as Victor Creed. Not for much else.

** out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 1st June 2017, 05:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I got it on pre order but as you say the hype I made like Antichrist and Blair Witch Project both were naff
I genuinely loved antichrist.

I was watching it with one of my friends who genuinely hated it. I'm a bit of a lars von trier junkie though so I tend to enjoy all his stuff.[/QUOTE]

And why not? Some stunning shots. And the fox. Laughed like a drain when she turned up in the new Independence Day ...I thought "she's going for her 2 x 4!!" a few times
keirarts and bleakshaun like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st June 2017, 05:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
[B]And why not? Some stunning shots. And the fox. Laughed like a drain when she turned up in the new Independence Day ...I thought "she's going for her 2 x 4!!" a few times
i was thinking she was going to bang jeff goldblum and bill pullman together
finished House on Haunted Hill (1999).
Similar premise as original, a couple with a toxic relationship decide to have a party in an abandoned building, and invite strangers to come and stay for the night to win 1 million dollars. what was meant to be a joke, transpires into something darker when the building locks down. it turns out it was an asylum almost 70 years before with the head doctor being a sick sadistic surgeon. now everyone has to try and get out alive.
As remakes go, it takes the original premise but luckily enough changes it to be something original so credit is given when necessary, it's not a bad film nor is it a terrible film. what stands out in this film is the gore effects, the set design and Geoffrey Rush's Vincent Price character (named Steven Price).
7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!