Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th March 2015, 02:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Hellraiser: Hellworld (Rick Bota, 2005).

What the hellworld more like....not a patch on St Johns Wort, this revolves around some pouty lips and Doug Bradley's amazing ability to sleepwalk through his role. Though I may have been drunk by this point due to perusing.......

The Omen (2006, John Moore).

Only watched it to see GLR. Should have put it off after he exited stage left ahem......

Kiss Me Deadly (Robert Aldrich, MGM uk dvd).

Now, this is more like it, even if Ralph Meeker is a bit sluggish. About as hard boiled as they come, this rattles along to its literally apocalyptic ending sharpish!! Film noirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at its best IMHO!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th March 2015, 02:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also watched Blue Sunshine (Jeff Lieberman, 1977) with the comm. (BU US dvd). Informative if a bit muffled in places.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th March 2015, 03:20 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

MOTHER'S DAY. Hokey backwoods rape revenge flick with added consumer society satire. Nowhere near as nasty as I remembered it from back in the day but still likeable for the odd moments of weirdness and my favourite scene where the Mum trains the boys up for rape and murder missions in a great montage scene that wouldn't be out of place in "An Officer and a Gentleman".
Old 16th March 2015, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dracula 3000

Oh deary me what a disaster has absolutely nothing going for it. Rips off many good movies and just ends up insulting them. Every copy of this needs to be found and burned and taking down of every streaming site, utter and total shite
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th March 2015, 08:42 PM
Cult Addict

THE EXPENDABLES 3. Shit blows up! Hugely enjoyable actioner that still delivers with it's 12 cert. The boy MTDS recommends it and has decided that when he grows up he wants to be a mercenary.
Old 16th March 2015, 10:56 PM
Cult Addict

REC 4.

Can you get on board with an infected monkey?

If the answers yes then seek this out. The film follows on from the first 3 with Angela Vidal the reporter from part 1 + 2 waking up on a boat. It turns out scientists have brought the virus aboard and are conducting experiments out at sea. Rec 4 continues the tonal shift from 3 and that might alienate those more used to the found footage style of the first two films but I really like it. For me Rec 4 was an occasionally funny, quite tense horror that was well worth watching.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
REC 4.

Can you get on board with an infected monkey?

If the answers yes then seek this out. The film follows on from the first 3 with Angela Vidal the reporter from part 1 + 2 waking up on a boat. It turns out scientists have brought the virus aboard and are conducting experiments out at sea. Rec 4 continues the tonal shift from 3 and that might alienate those more used to the found footage style of the first two films but I really like it. For me Rec 4 was an occasionally funny, quite tense horror that was well worth watching.
Can you watch Rec 3 and it make sense without having seen the second film K?
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th March 2015, 11:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Rec 3 is actually occurring around the same time as the first film so you can watch it as a stand alone film quite easily.
Old 17th March 2015, 07:17 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Rec 3 is actually occurring around the same time as the first film so you can watch it as a stand alone film quite easily.
It is one of those rare sequels which works as a stand-alone film in its own right, but the knowledge of what happens in the first two films probably makes it more interesting.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It is one of those rare sequels which works as a stand-alone film in its own right, but the knowledge of what happens in the first two films probably makes it more interesting.
Rec 3 is my fav of the lot.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!