Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2021, 11:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just Acquaintances

More FF. Another web series from the past in my endless quest to find the biggest idiots-with-cameras
When me and some others did our "ghost hunting" bit, we tended to err on the side of caution, but cemeteries are creepy at night imho, whether tis osmosis from a lifetime of watching Hammer and the like ... who can tell?
Ahem.
A mutual friend finds he had acquired some footage that may explain the disappearance of two brothers ... what he finds was certainly less flabby than that Marble Hornets, but was a tad underwhelming all the same. Is it possibly fatigue on my part? Probably, but still ....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th May 2021, 07:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Easily the best of the prequels thanks to better pacing and action. Anakin's turn too the dark side does seem quite sudden but thankfully we have the clone wars series which goes into his fall. Some great action scenes including the battle between Anakin and Obi wan . We still have some dreadful dialog, " he killed younglings" you can see Ewan can barely keep his face straight!

A lot of people didn't seem to rate this , a young police man becomes trapped in a hospital which is surrounded by a strange cult, with some other people also trapped. But the the cult is not the worst of their problems when they are attacked by strange outer worldly Lovecraft creatures. Some great practical gore and creature effects, which reminds me of the thing. I really enjoyed it

Now watching

Last edited by trebor8273; 6th May 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old 6th May 2021, 09:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wrong Turn. 2021.

Friends hiking in a remote part of America stumble upon a group of people living in the wilderness.

If you are thinking of this being like the original movie with cannibalistic inbred hillbillies the you may as well watch the original, this is way different. There is a decent amount of gore, but the killings have been seen and done more but there is a good amount of suspense and tension built up from the first ten minutes of the film, there is some decent acting involved but sadly not one I would come back to anytime soon. If anyone is going to watch it avoid the spoiler part and maybe you can enjoy it better than I did.

MV5BM2Y5ZWE2MTMtODE3ZC00NWQ4LWJkNzctNGY4Njg5NDY5MzNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

Old 6th May 2021, 09:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Wrong Turn. 2021.

Friends hiking in a remote part of America stumble upon a group of people living in the wilderness.

If you are thinking of this being like the original movie with cannibalistic inbred hillbillies the you may as well watch the original, this is way different. There is a decent amount of gore, but the killings have been seen and done more but there is a good amount of suspense and tension built up from the first ten minutes of the film, there is some decent acting involved but sadly not one I would come back to anytime soon. If anyone is going to watch it avoid the spoiler part and maybe you can enjoy it better than I did.

Attachment 233088
So is it not cannibal mutant types then?
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 6th May 2021, 10:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So is it not cannibal mutant types then?
Not in the slightest Dem
Old 6th May 2021, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not in the slightest Dem
The Foundation eh?

I think i'll leave it until it drops to three quid on dvd in Asda and ignore the blu.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 6th May 2021, 10:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The Foundation eh?

I think i'll leave it until it drops to three quid on dvd in Asda and ignore the blu.
Good idea Dem
Old 6th May 2021, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Good idea Dem
I read a brief synopsis and it sounded like more of a rip on Midsommar. Seems like they just used the Wrong Turn name to cash in.
Old 6th May 2021, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I read a brief synopsis and it sounded like more of a rip on Midsommar. Seems like they just used the Wrong Turn name to cash in.
It does go one way then verves off to another direction I wasn't expecting and that's was disappointed, it's like the film makers have tried to add a mixture of films that have been done before and that was the result a messed up film.
Old 6th May 2021, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It does go one way then verves off to another direction I wasn't expecting and that's was disappointed, it's like the film makers have tried to add a mixture of films that have been done before and that was the result a messed up film.
Pity as i was looking forward to it. I'm glad you said it wasn't inbred cannibals or i'd have been sorely disappointed had i bought it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!