Like Tree179796Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th February 2024, 10:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
This is quite possibly the most positive review of this film that I've seen lol.
It's actually become something of a cult movie in the States and still receives showings at film festivals.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 18th February 2024, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)

Interminably dull near three hour closure to the original Pirates trilogy shot back to back with Dead Man's Chest (2006).

There's so much exposition going back and forth you lose the will to keep watching. I just didn't care about any of the characters nor what they were doing. It's Disney at it's self indulgent, nonsensical worst with a script that goes round in circles trying to work out it's own half arsed mythology. Only Johnny Depp occasionally rises above effluent with his performance as Captain Jack Sparrow,whilst the final destruction of the Endeavour by the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman is the only truly memorable part of the film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pirates_AWE_Poster.jpg (21.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 18th February 2024, 10:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Interminably dull near three hour closure to the original Pirates trilogy shot back to back with Dead Man's Chest (2006).

There's so much exposition going back and forth you lose the will to keep watching. I just didn't care about any of the characters nor what they were doing. It's Disney at it's self indulgent, nonsensical worst with a script that goes round in circles trying to work out it's own half arsed mythology. Only Johnny Depp occasionally rises above effluent with his performance as Captain Jack Sparrow,whilst the final destruction of the Endeavour by the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman is the only truly memorable part of the film.
Despite my apathy toward this i won't be getting rid of it. It's Disney so unlikely to ever get another physical release again. I won't be getting rid of any Disney / Fox dvd's either for the same reason.

I also need to get a Blu of next film On Stranger Tides seeing as that's the only one i'm currently missing from the collection.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 19th February 2024, 09:23 AM
Cult Veteran

It was a chore to get through that one. I never bothered with the last one. It’s a shame because they are quite visually stunning, just extremely boring.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th February 2024, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict

I personally like the first three a lot. Though its definitely a case of diminishing returns.
The fourth I don't remember much about but recall being underwhelmed. Never bothered with the fifth. For me it should have been left as a trilogy. Never needed to be dragged out.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 19th February 2024, 12:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

With Oppenheimer winning all the BAFTA'S last night i now want to watch it which means buying it Must ride out the storm.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 19th February 2024, 01:46 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
With Oppenheimer winning all the BAFTA'S last night i now want to watch it which means buying it Must ride out the storm.

It’s not had any reductions yet not even HMV’s multibuy offer, I’m waiting for it to drop in price myself.
nicholasrope likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th February 2024, 02:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I didn't like the first Pirates of the Caribbean film, one which almost everyone loved, and haven't seen any of the sequels.

Your reviews have completely killed any lingering interest I had in watching them on Disney+ to see if they where worth my time and attention!
Old 19th February 2024, 02:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't like the first Pirates of the Caribbean film, one which almost everyone loved, and haven't seen any of the sequels.

Your reviews have completely killed any lingering interest I had in watching them on Disney+ to see if they where worth my time and attention!
Take a chance on them Nos, I will say Salazar's revenge wasn't my favourite.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 19th February 2024, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

If you didn't like the first and easily the best then why would you be even remotely interested in seeing sequels that nobody thinks are as good?
nicholasrope likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!