Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2023, 03:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Street Asylum

Wings Hauser is a Policeman who gets assigned to a new Department after he is shot however the rest of the unit take things too far in apprehending the criminals and therefore after investigating, he finds out that they are being mind controlled.

Another find from my VHS Trailer Reel watching and whilst this can be considered as Video Shop Shelve Filler, it's one of the better B-Movies out there, there was some thought and effort put into it.

Street Hunter

Steve James is a former Cop turned Bounty Hunter who goes after cocky Drug Dealer (John Leguizamo) and his hired Henchman (Reb Brown) who is a Mercenary who is an absolute madman who quotes Historical Figures and hates timewasters.

I remember seeing the Trailer back in the day and wanted to see it and luckily this and Street Asylum are on Youtube and this is my type of Movie, it's not got the greatest acting but that's not what I'm particularly looking for but Reb Brown convinces, it's rather enjoyable.

Universal Soldier

Jean Claude-Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren are killed in Vietnam but are re-generated into being Super Soldiers but they both regain their memories. When a reporter escapes with Van Damme on a hunt of a story Lundgren takes over and hunts them down.

One of my favourites back in the day and still is, in a way I find it amazing that Deleted Scenes, Making Offs and Alternate Endings from Films that over at least 30 years old are kept around, it wasn't as if they were put on VHS and I'm not sure if Distributers knew about the invention of DVD/Blu-Rays. This one had a good Alternate Ending, it was interesting.

Were there extras on Laserdiscs?

Quick And The Dead

1995 Western Directed by Sam Raimi which sees Sharon Stone ride into Town where she is after revenge on The Sheriff played by a brilliant Gene Hackman who runs the Town with an Iron Fist and holds a yearly Gun Fighting Competition which see enters in order to kill him.

Very entertaining Film with roles for Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio and all provide good performances including Stone who plays the moody loner quite well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sa.jpg (9.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg sh.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg us.jpg (16.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg qatd.jpg (9.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 4th October 2023, 08:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot

1992 Comedy which sees Detective Sylvester Stallone get driven crazy when his Mother comes to town and tells everyone embarrassing stories and showing photographs and whilst there she witnesses a Murder in which he has to protect her. This Film gets a lot of hate but I thought it was quite funny with Stallone trying out Comedy Movies like what Schwarzenegger did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sommws.jpg (15.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 5th October 2023, 04:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Enjoyed the new Haunted Mansion film much more than I thought I would. I have absolutely no issue with 'horror' films that are aimed at children. I suspect this is because seeing the original Ghostbusters at age 10 is still the greatest cinema going experience of my life. I will buy a physical copy later this month. btw This 2023 film sure had some big names in it, I would like to think it was because the actors thought that it would be good fun rather than simply being a case of Disney offering out crazy money to appear.
Old 5th October 2023, 05:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot

1992 Comedy which sees Detective Sylvester Stallone get driven crazy when his Mother comes to town and tells everyone embarrassing stories and showing photographs and whilst there she witnesses a Murder in which he has to protect her. This Film gets a lot of hate but I thought it was quite funny with Stallone trying out Comedy Movies like what Schwarzenegger did.
I've seen this more times than any sane person would admit to.
Old 5th October 2023, 05:06 PM
Cultist

it was a category 2 film it became a category 3 when it was released on laser disc cause the scene when Anthony Wong puts the taxi drivers head in the window and winds it up was not in the original release but when it was put back in then it became a category 3 film.
Old 5th October 2023, 06:53 PM
Active Cultist

Looking for Eric, 2009.
I quite like this Ken Loach film. Its about a postman overloaded with mental stress who seeks advice from an imaginary incarnation of Eric Cantona. Sounds shit but i liked it.
G.I Samurai, 1979.
All i can say about this film is that the war between the soldiers and Shingens army is the finest choreographed battle ever filmed in my opinion and anyone who likes action or even Japenese cinema should of already seen this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81de0IskJML._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg (97.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg hdrclppnNg9FGK1wGBklRXdQonY.jpg (74.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 14th October 2023, 04:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Keep An Eye Out (2018, Quentin Dupieux)

Mainly a two hander this time, a policeman interrogates a civillian after he reports a death. With Benoit Poelvoodre (Man Bites Dog) as the world weary plod, I had to give this one a watch.
Everything seems fairly normal until BP wanders off for a bite to eat, leaving a cyclopean colleague to ... keep an eye out ahem.
Another oddity from the man who brought you Rubber, Wrong Cops ETC. Whilst not quite as off kilter as those flicks, this ... needs a rewatch ahem. Michty.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th October 2023, 08:13 PM
Cult Master

91Kbe6mw-rL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Barney Ross and his crew must stop a nuclear bomb from starting WWIII.

Holy sh!t is this bad I love the first two films the third film a little less because the younger new additions to the Expendables spent most of the film posing not my cup of tea. Anyway back to this entry 99% of the film is the worse CGI I have seen since the early 2000s it's just horrendous. The action is great when it's real but the CGI just ruins everything. I love a good cheesy one lineer but every single line is a one liner which ruins the good one liners if you get what I'm saying.

Megan Fox Jesus Christ she is horrendous posing her way through every scene perfect make up throughout even after a battle just a tiny bit of dirt on her forehead.

I'm so gutted honestly about just how bad this is I hope there isn't a fifth one and of there is there needs to be a total overhaul and rethink.
Old 15th October 2023, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 248372

Barney Ross and his crew must stop a nuclear bomb from starting WWIII.

Holy sh!t is this bad I love the first two films the third film a little less because the younger new additions to the Expendables spent most of the film posing not my cup of tea. Anyway back to this entry 99% of the film is the worse CGI I have seen since the early 2000s it's just horrendous. The action is great when it's real but the CGI just ruins everything. I love a good cheesy one lineer but every single line is a one liner which ruins the good one liners if you get what I'm saying.

Megan Fox Jesus Christ she is horrendous posing her way through every scene perfect make up throughout even after a battle just a tiny bit of dirt on her forehead.

I'm so gutted honestly about just how bad this is I hope there isn't a fifth one and of there is there needs to be a total overhaul and rethink.
Did you see it at the cinema or is it already on streaming? It's flopped big time anyhow. Only made $47m worldwide so far and been out three weekends.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 15th October 2023, 10:11 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Did you see it at the cinema or is it already on streaming? It's flopped big time anyhow. Only made $47m worldwide so far and been out three weekends.
In the cinema luckily only cost me €5 .
nicholasrope likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!