Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2022, 10:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween Kills. 2021.

Evil dies tonight...I'm gonna be saying that when I sleep I just know it. surely by now the man in the mask would have met his maker but the makers decided to let him have one more round, this time not with Laurie but with Tommy and a lynch mob.

So Michael survived the fire...sorry spoiler there, where he was hiding surely the shutters were metal and would have heated up and burned his hands? To survive a fire all you need is a William Shatner mask as that seems to be a good breathing apparatus. Clothes a little black but really not burned, I have worn overalls like him and believe me they aren't fire resistant.

Laurie, Karen, and Allyson arrive at the hospital, I thought Halloween II but the makers swung it in a different direction but more like Lynch Mob HQ, at least Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens and Charles Cyphers return to their roles 40 years later. Anthony Michael Hall takes on the role as Tommy, I'm not sure if it's Hall's acting or he was told to overact but he piratically became annoying to the point of, Michael please whack him out. Jamie Lee Curtis and Will Patton share some screen time together and able to have a laugh. There was some subtle notions taken from the previous films that doesn't actually drag on and some guilt ridden conscience that harbours over a character. Maybe I can try and warm up to this one.

02482-HalloweenKills-Poster-design_2b3b734c-37d9-477a-abdd-dd5e4a2be6ed_1200x1200.jpg
Old 30th January 2022, 11:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nobody seems to have anything good to say about Halloween Kills. I thought the first one sucked so doubt i'll be shelling out for this one.
Dave Boy, iank and MrBarlow like this.
Old 31st January 2022, 12:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Nobody seems to have anything good to say about Halloween Kills. I thought the first one sucked so doubt i'll be shelling out for this one.
I must be in the minority for Halloween 2018 as i am warming upto that one
Old 31st January 2022, 06:30 AM
Cult Veteran

I quite like Halloween 2018, I hated …Kills though. Felt very disappointed especially since we had to wait an extra year to see it.

I wonder what the last film is going to be like?
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st January 2022, 07:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I quite like Halloween 2018, I hated …Kills though. Felt very disappointed especially since we had to wait an extra year to see it.

I wonder what the last film is going to be like?
How long can they carry on with the franchise?
Old 31st January 2022, 08:43 AM
Cult Veteran

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

The reboot was conceived as a trilogy, so hopefully that’s it, isn’t the next one called Halloween Ends or something else as silly?
MrBarlow likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st January 2022, 08:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The reboot was conceived as a trilogy, so hopefully that’s it, isn’t the next one called Halloween Ends or something else as silly?
Bet It doesn’t tho, be like the train or bus you missed there be another one coming along if you wait long enough.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 31st January 2022, 09:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Doctor Dracula. 1978.

One film I have never seen, yeah the title should have set alarm bells off but decided to go with it as it had John Carradine and even in this film it does not do his acting credibility any good. Larry Hankin stars as the stage hypnotist who seduces women and then Dracula turns up and finishes them off. The way Hankin is portrayed reminds me of Dracula vs Frankenstein movie that came out 7 years before this film did. Why did I have to be full of caffeine to stay awake through this one.

s-l225.jpg
Old 31st January 2022, 11:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Above Majestic (2018, Roger R Richards)

A "documentary" about .... hmm ... well, a lot and nothing at all ahem. Presented by a not so diverse group of people, well they certainly all believe the same stuff who have seen "the light". This always involves your secret cabals, aliens, masons .... wake up at the back there!!
Told by a lot of folk who don't blink that often, this just piles on everything, Kennedy, MJ12, MK Ultra yadda yadda.
To what end? Apparently Tronald was going to be our saviour so you can imagine how I felt at that point
145 mins as well!! Wasn't as funny as the flat earth one (quel bastard surprise), so that'll teach me!!!
NOT recommended.
What I recommend is Backrooms. 20 minutes (ish) and done. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. Peace y'all.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 1st February 2022 at 12:45 AM.
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rise Of The Footsoldier: Origins (2021, Nick Nevern)

The last one surely, unless we gets the facking Craig Rolfe Story
This time we focus on Tony Tucker, doorman extraordinaire.
I love the fact that Terry Stone has played this character in all of the films (and Bonded By Blood).
Tone and crew set up shop in an Essex nighclub after getting the local "firm" to do one. Enter Pat Tate (Craig Fairbrass) who yet again performs a spectacular piece of violence on screen.
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!