All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179782Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2010, 07:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
@ sargento: you didn't like then....i really enjoyed it, a lot better than the abysmal SouthLand Tales...

Just watched the Awe-inspiring epic that is AVATAR, and i thought it was ****ing AWESOME...yes the story was unoriginal but it was made in an original way...****ing love Cameron and his king kong ego....
No I was very disappointed after a great opening half-hour ... the story could have been given some freedom and perhaps gone in another direction and been more interesting ... maybe Kelly was trying to be too experimental again after the critical acclaim that Donnie Darko received - which despite some comments I think is a terrific eye opening and often debated movie. The director's cut is shite tho!

AVATAR ... now I enjoyed it in 3D at the cinema, and I really want to leave it there. I have watched part of it on DVD and found it a great let down. The CGI already looks dated to me! Doesn't that sound silly?
Old 21st April 2010, 07:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
Kelly isn't even a 'one hit wonder' as you say.
DONNIE DARKO was an overrated piece of crap and a mind **** as well.
Kelly, like Wes Anderson, Cameron Crowe, Paul WS Anderson, Steven Soderberg, Michael Bay, etc, are all just garbage directors.
Oooh a bit harsh .. but each to their own opinion James
Old 21st April 2010, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
Kelly isn't even a 'one hit wonder' as you say.
DONNIE DARKO was an overrated piece of crap and a mind **** as well.
Kelly, like Wes Anderson, Cameron Crowe, Paul WS Anderson, Steven Soderberg, Michael Bay, etc, are all just garbage directors.
Well I for one am a fan of Wes Anderson: I like The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic & Darjeeling Limited! Havn't seen Rushmore but have only ever heard good things about it. Wes Anderson, I think, is a very talented director and he's made some incredibly quirky/deadpan/funny films.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 21st April 2010, 08:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i was under the impression that the cgi would look dodgy but i was completelty wrong, yes at time the cgi does look a little too CG but its the motion capture that i found astonishing, so much fluidity to the Na'vi, i thoroughly enjoyed it and am glad ive pre-ordered my copy, yes the story is unoriginal but cameron took the familier plot and made it into something completely new and original, it is the most astonishing technologically enhance film i have ever seen, the last time a film made this much of ground breaking tech advance movie experience was the matrix and the was 11 years ago...im with cameron all the way...
Old 22nd April 2010, 05:10 AM
Ex-member

Default watched films.

watched profondo rosso AKA DEEP RED. good film the bit with the clockwork doll well creepy and a bit shocking and unexpected no a very good movie.
Old 22nd April 2010, 06:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon View Post
watched profondo rosso AKA DEEP RED. good film the bit with the clockwork doll well creepy and a bit shocking and unexpected no a very good movie.
Only watched this for the first time the other day and that scene gave me one of those 'blood freezing' shocks that are all too rare.
Old 22nd April 2010, 08:40 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Well I for one am a fan of Wes Anderson: I like The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic & Darjeeling Limited! Havn't seen Rushmore but have only ever heard good things about it. Wes Anderson, I think, is a very talented director and he's made some incredibly quirky/deadpan/funny films.
You have to see Rushmore ASAP! The jewel in the Anderson crown, I reckon. And I love his other flicks!

I refuse to admit to Rushmore bias just because Olivia Williams is in it!

Yeah, Wes Anderson is a very good film-maker.
Old 22nd April 2010, 07:07 PM
Active Cultist

Road Games. Starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Stacy Keach and a Dingo.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Saw Legion last night, was entertaining up untill the last 20 mins. After they left the diner it went downhill. The movie had so much potential and looked awesome in the trailers but the end was a big let down. Paul Bettany was pretty good as Michael.

Also watched Lo tonight, a good movie. Very different to most movies out there and I cant say I have ever seen anything like it. Its not typical horror, only because it features demons that is could be considerd horror. Its drama/horror/comedy all in one and its done very well. The actor that played Justin did a very good job as was person who was Lo the demon. Its about this guy that falls in love with a strange gal and then the gal gets taken by a demon. Cant say much more then that as it might ruin it. I recommend EVERYONE watch it.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Ghost Dog - way of the samuirai. Saw this tonight. Weird, cool, a brilliant and stylish film.

Last night, Kick Ass. Not as original as it thinks it is, the japanese have been doing this for years. Great fun though, a very enjoyable flick and a couple of hours well spent in the cinema.

Like this? Share it using the links below!