Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2011, 07:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

OK, after ArgentoFan's look at his dvds i decided to show mine as it is now.
sorry if the pictures are so big....

There is another bookshelf to come but my camera ran out of memory
Old 11th July 2011, 07:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Nice collection ped.

You have some great boxsets.
Old 11th July 2011, 07:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Very nice, Pedro -- loads of great titles and some great box sets. I look forward to seeing the other bookcase!
Old 11th July 2011, 07:50 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I figure it's about time I posted a few pics up here myself!
Considering it's next to impossible to take a picture of all my dvd's without moving half my room around, I thought I'd start off by putting up some pics of my (still growing) Video Nasties collection.
There are a lot of the readily available UK discs that I don't have yet (including some from Arrow and Shameless), as I've been trying to pick up ones I can't just buy off the UK shelves for now - a lot of them should be easily recognisable to some members on here )
Also, yes, I have double (or more)-dipped quite a bit, but only if I find a better copy, or I pick up the inferior copies for no more than a couple of quid, just to add to the collection.

First up, here's an overall pic (followed by some closer pics) of the collection so far:

...and a few I missed in those pics: A check-disc for Contamination, which I picked up on eBay and the Aussie releases of ISOYG and CH (covers are still packed in Aust)

Also, here's the sfx magazine Horror Special they did in 2010 (which has a little bit on the Nasties in it), plus The Art of the Nasty Limited Hardcover book - mine is 267/273.

A complete list of all DVDs above is listed below:
(somebody please read it, it's taken me a good hour or more to type up )

Video Nasties - The Definitive Guide [Limited Edition - 4,855/5,000] (Nucleus Films, UK)
Box Of The Banned [Driller Killer, Evil Dead, I Spit On Your Grave (cut), Last House On The Left (cut), Nightmares In A Damaged Brain, Zombie Flesh Eaters + Ban The Sadists! - Part 1] (Anchor Bay, UK)
Mountain of the Cannibal God / Cannibal Man ["Horror Double Feature"] (Anchor Bay, US)
Anthropophagous: The Beast [(Uncut) - AKA Man-Eater - Still sealed] (NSM Records, Austria)
Anthropophagous: The Beast [(R-Rated Cut) - AKA The Grim Reaper] (Hollywood DVD, UK)
Axe! [2 Disc Collector's Edition] (ILC, UK)
Beast In Heat [SS Camp Collection] (Another World Entertainment, Denmark)
The Beyond [Zombie Series #1] (Another World Entertainment, Denmark)
The Beyond [DVD, Blu and Replacement discs] (Arrow Video, UK)
Blood Feast [Special Edition] (Something Weird Video, US)
The Burning (MGM DVD, US)
Cannibal Ferox [Deluxe Uncensored Letterbox Edition] (Grindhouse Releasing, US)
Cannibal Holocaust [Deluxe Collectors Edition] (Siren Visual, Australia)
Cannibal Holocaust (cut) [Vipco's Vaults of Horror] (Vipco, UK)
Cannibal Holocaust (cut) (Blackhorse Entertainment, UK)
Cannibal Holocaust [Blood Edition] (Astro Records & Filmworks, Germany)
Cannibal Holocaust (Mangpong, ie Pongsaap Public Company Limited, Thailand)
Cannibal Holocaust [2-Disc Ultrabit] (EC Entertainment, Holland)
Contamination [Check disc] (Anchor Bay, UK)
Contamination (Anchor Bay, UK)
Don't Go In The Woods...Alone! (Film 2000, UK)
Dead & Buried [2 Disc] (Anchor Bay, UK)
Don't Look In The Basement (Stax Entertainment, UK)
Faces Of Death (cut) [Special Edition - with Fact or Fiction? documentary] (HardGore, UK)
Frozen Scream [Red Edition] (Laser Paradise, Germany)
Hell Of The Living Dead [AKA Zombie Creeping Flesh] (Blue Underground, US)
House By The Cemetary (Arrow Video, UK)
House on The Edge of the Park [Remastered Collector's Edition - Signed by Ruggero Deodato & Giovanni Lombardo Radice - thanks to Cine-Excess V] (EC Entertainment. Holland)
I Spit On Your Grave [Special Edition] (Force Entertainment, Australia)
Island of Death [Special Edition] (Cine Club, Germany?)
Island of Death [Hardbox - #495/1,000] (XT Video, Austria)
Last House on the Left [Small Hardbox, 2-Disc] (XT Video, Austria)
Last House on the Left (cut) [2-Disc] (Anchor Bay, UK) - basically picked this one up as I thought the uncut slides was a genius idea!
Last House on the Left [3-Disc Ultimate Edition] (Metrodome, UK)
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue [2-Disc Special Edition] (Blue Underground, US)
Love Camp 7 (Siren Visual, Australia)
Night Train Murders (Midnight Video - Bootleg)
Night Train Murders (Blue Underground, US)
Snuff [Limited Edition - #2,248] (Blue Underground, US)
SS Experiment Camp (Blackhorse Entertainment, UK)
SS Experiment Love Camp (Exploitation Digital, US)
Toolbox Murders (Blue Underground, US)
Un-Hinged (Blackhorse Entertainment / Platinum Media Company, UK)
Un-Hinged (IndieDVD, US)
Visiting Hours (Anchor Bay, US)

...and, yes, I realise the following is not a Video Nasty, but it was tarnished with the same brush, so that's why it's included:
Shogun Assassin [Vipco's Vaults of Horror] (Vipco, UK)
Old 11th July 2011, 07:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

great stuff Masdawg, love the Cannibal Holocaust editions...
Old 11th July 2011, 07:57 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
great stuff Masdawg, love the Cannibal Holocaust editions...
Cheers Pedro!
I've got some more CH stuff to post up very shortly!
Old 11th July 2011, 08:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great selection of 'Nasties' -- I can't believe how many copies of Cannibal Holocaust your own!
Old 11th July 2011, 09:34 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

As you can see in my above post, I have a special place for Cannibal Holocaust. Not only is it a brilliant film, but it is also the first Nasty I saw. Coming from Australia, I wasn't even really aware of what the Video Nasties were when I picked up Cannibal Holocaust (the Siren Visual / Grindhouse release - fully uncut), I just remembered that I had seen the name on Refused-Classification.com so thought I would take the chance. I hadn't read up about the film at all, so imagine my thoughts when I first watched it...I had never seen anything like it! Even on repeat viewings (I've seen it about 3-4 times now), I always see something a slightly different way than I did last time, or pick up on something new. As long as humans exist, the message in Cannibal Holocaust will never get old and because the film is so realistic, it just doesn't seem to age.

Anyway, here is some more Cannibal Holocuast stuff I have picked up when I've had a bit of spare cash:

First up, here is all my CH DVD's together in the one picture:

The reason why I have the UK releases is because I picked them up for around £2 each. I think I got the Thai release for around £5 - but the packaging on that one is great!

Next up, a random CH Cosa Nostra VHS sleeve I picked up on eBay for about a quid. Only the sleeve, but it is nice to add to the collection!

Then, mags/books:
Fantasy Film Memory presents Shockers! #1: Cannibal Holocaust
Shocking Images #4 (Cannibal Holocaust on the front)

Also, I picked up the new edition of the FAB Press book Cannibal Holocaust And the Savage Cinema of Ruggero Deodato at Cine-Excess V and was lucky enough to have it signed by Ruggero

Next we have some fan art prints:
These first two, I got from eBay, from an artist who goes by the name of Scola Unfortunately, I couldn't find out anymore information apart from that name...

This next one (left), also bought from eBay is done by Shane from artgrinder.com
The one to the right is also currently on eBay and I am planning on buying one next pay day. It was created by artist Joel Robinson for the films reunion at the Cinema Wasteland 2011 event in Cleveland. They also have Demons, Suspiria and House By The Cemetary prints from that convention for sale. More information at Paura Productions:

Just a note: I do realise the above art is not copyrighted by myself, but I have tried to credit the artists as much as I can. If any of the artists see the above photos and would rather them removed, please do not hesitate to get in contact with me, or a Mod and I will happily take them down!

And, lastly, but definately not least, we have Original movie posters!
The first one is an original Belgiun poster, signed by Ruggero (thanks to Cine-Excess V). For the story behind the two names on this one, see this post here.

Secondly, the one still packed away in this panel, is an Original Trans-America poster. (I didn't really want to get it out again, even for a photo, until I can get it framed - the few times I have got it out, I am always worried I will tear it. So, the second picture is the poster I'm talking about. They are for sale from the Grindhouse Releasing merch pages for $100 + shipping (just email the guys and they will sort out international shipping costs for you) - but be prepared to pay £20-something extra for import tax!! (Now you know why I'm scared of tearing it!! )
bdc and bizarre_eye@Cult Labs like this.
Old 11th July 2011, 09:40 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I would also love to get my hands on one of the 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition DVD - Autographed Private Stock DVDs (also found on the same Grindhouse Releasing merch page), but when I emailed Grindhouse, they said that due to licensing restrictions, they could only ship them within the US.
If anybody on here can help me out, please let me know, thanks!!
Old 11th July 2011, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Awesome collection of DVDs and merchandise -- that signed original poster really is something special.

I may be able to work something out regarding the 25th Anniversary Edition DVD, but it's quite complicated and it may be easier for one of the US-based members to sort something out. If there's no joy, I'll see what I can do and maybe pick one up for myself!

Like this? Share it using the links below!