Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2012, 10:56 AM
Cultist

largely... the Medusas I picked up in the Italian equivalent of HMV, Contamination I took over in the hope of getting Luigi's scrawl on it. turns out my luck was in and Dario was also floating around the store doing a spot for a French DVD release
Old 7th October 2012, 11:18 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMillennium View Post
largely... the Medusas I picked up in the Italian equivalent of HMV, Contamination I took over in the hope of getting Luigi's scrawl on it. turns out my luck was in and Dario was also floating around the store doing a spot for a French DVD release
Sounds like an excellent visit to the Italian capital. Did you take in the sights while you were there or was it all DVD/merchandise purchasing and autograph hunting?!

Going to Profondo Rosso in the hope of getting one man's autograph is one thing, but to find Argento was there as well must've done strange things to your nervous system! Did you have a chance to speak to either of them at any length?
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 7th October 2012, 11:53 AM
Cultist

plenty of time for sightseeing! did get ejected from the Vatican for wearing a Cannibal Corpse tee though think ahead...

just unbelievable luck... especially considering we'd been by there the day before and found it closed. there was me and another English dude (wonder if he posts here?) just stood outside completely speechless afterwards. didn't get to chat much with Dario as he was off into the museum with the TV crew, but he did stop to sign some of our stuff and pose for pics. I also got him to sign my Opera tattoo and then legged it to the nearest tattooist after

I chatted to Luigi for a good hour, he was showing us some rarities that they have floating around the store, shooting the breeze about films, touring Cinecitta Studios, Frightfest and how I was gutted at having to miss it because I couldn't get the time off... genuinely nice fella! also had a quick chat with Antonio Tentori, who dropped in at some point and scribbled on his Fulci book for me. amazing day all round!
Old 7th October 2012, 12:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Obviously time well spent. You'll have to put up a photo of your signed tattoo!
Old 7th October 2012, 04:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Here's one special edition I really had a hard time getting my hands on (thanks to the courier service)...

It's a Belgian edition but it seems there was also a UK one?

Limited to 2000.

It contains the complete original unaltered tv versions btw unlike the "remastered" versions that are nowadays doing the rounds.

I'd post a pic but I can't reach it at the moment...

Star Trek: The Original Series limited cargo storage unit tin (1158/2000)

Old 7th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Obviously time well spent. You'll have to put up a photo of your signed tattoo!
bit difficult to get them both in the same shot without cocking around with panorama, but here they are... obviously the signature has just been finished in this pic, so it's a bit angry-lookin'
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tat2.jpg (40.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg tat.jpg (21.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by WinterMillennium; 7th October 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 7th October 2012, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Opera artwork is amazing !
Old 7th October 2012, 08:15 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
bit difficult to get them both in the same shot without cocking around with panorama, but here they are...
That looks fantastic your artist is very skilled
Old 7th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
bit difficult to get them both in the same shot without cocking around with panorama, but here they are...
Awesome tattoos, I've always fancied getting a film related one but never been able to decide on one.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th October 2012, 01:12 PM
Cultist

ta! I've got a few film ones now, thinking on something Fulci-related for the next one...
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!