All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th July 2009, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Great collection.Like the Chainsaw Ltd ed.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th July 2009, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

thanx everyone
Old 16th July 2009, 09:57 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah it's well over 1000.I didn't even take pictures of the stacks of dvds in a cupboard either.This is what happens when we have more money than sense I suppose lol
Old 18th July 2009, 11:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
I store my dvds by distributor
Great minds think alike, my friend as i store my DVDs the same way.

When i first delved into DVD collecting i tried displaying my releases at random but hated the way it looked. So now all the Shameless, ABUK, ABUS, MOG, BU, SS, EC and HKL titles are kept in a more uniform order as are all other genre DVD labels (No Shame, Synapse, Elite etc.) as well as the major studio editions. There's a certain 'neatness' (if that's the right term.) in storing DVDs this way imo but each to their own.
Old 18th July 2009, 11:30 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I hate myself so store them alphabetically.... As you can see a few pages back in this thread.

The cold sweats hit me hard when I buy a DVD beginning with A... I tell myself after an hour or so of shelf re-arranging that it is worth it though!
Old 18th July 2009, 11:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I hate myself so store them alphabetically.... As you can see a few pages back in this thread.

The cold sweats hit me hard when I buy a DVD beginning with A... I tell myself after an hour or so of shelf re-arranging that it is worth it though!
just put a sticker over THE A for A and The for the's they are also Nightmares lmao!, then The Deadly Spawn suddenly begins with D much easier THE Mist Is now Mist etc
Old 18th July 2009, 11:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
just put a sticker over THE A for A and The for the's they are also Nightmares lmao!, then The Deadly Spawn suddenly begins with D much easier THE Mist Is now Mist etc
I'm a bit OCDish in my organising. I always drop 'The' plus will also not buy into any of this numerical bullshit, for instant 2001: A Space Odyssey is under T, not before A - because if you use this aplha-numerical logic you actually have to put 2001 before 28 Days Later and that is ****ing stupid.

I remember when HMV adopted this organisational system, nobody could find what they were looking for. Thankfully (the few near me anyway) have gone back to a sensible system.

Also (most) of my alternatively titled import DVD's are organised under their English language titles. For instance my X-Rated Kult release of Case of the Bloody Iris is titled: Das Geheimnis der blutigen lilie and is not under 'D' or 'G' but 'C' - where I can find it!
Old 18th July 2009, 11:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I'm a bit OCDish in my organising. I always drop 'The' plus will also not buy into any of this numerical bullshit, for instant 2001: A Space Odyssey is under T, not before A - because if you use this aplha-numerical logic you actually have to put 2001 before 28 Days Later and that is ****ing stupid.

I remember when HMV adopted this organisational system, nobody could find what they were looking for. Thankfully (the few near me anyway) have gone back to a sensible system.

Also (most) of my alternatively titled import DVD's are organised under their English language titles. For instance my X-Rated Kult release of Case of the Bloody Iris is titled: Das Geheimnis der blutigen lilie and is not under 'D' or 'G' but 'C' - where I can find it!
Das Geheimnis der blutigen lilie sounds like a tropical virus
Because I actually Have OCD my lot get reorganised more often than i care to recall.
Old 18th July 2009, 12:41 PM
Cult Rookie

It's been really interesting reading this thread, so thanks to everyone contributing. Even though I have a totally different system now, the last rule I used for ordering my DVDs was chronological, regardless of genre or anything... which was better than it sounds! Everything ran in order from 1898 onwards. It was surprisingly interesting standing back to look at the collection, and even changed my perspective on a few films. Mind you, the random nature of box sets caused some problems
Old 18th July 2009, 03:13 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

The problem I have is that if i choose a system and then find something doesnt fit inot (ie a box set I cant split up has films in it that should be in 2 different places) it drives me mad, I used to reorganise alot but dont have the time to now so there kind of half organised half in randomness hell.

Like this? Share it using the links below!