Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2009, 06:34 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Nice.

What kind of stuff you into sic?
I'm pretty much into anything really. I especially like exploring cult films/exploitation films notorious for their content and subject matter, such as the video nasty films you have here in the UK. I like horror films for the 70's and 80's, particular some the notable ones that came out between 1976-1984, that was a great time in Horror in my opinion. Underground films never cease to amaze me, such as films from Toe Tag, Exhumed Films, and the current releases from Camera Obscura (a new underground label to keep your eye on!)

I'm also a pretty big fan of the Gothic silent film era, just some beautiful pieces of film heavily relies on music, mood, and setting (like Nosferatu, Faust, Golum, Metropolis [looking forward to the extended cut release found in South America], etc.) The So-Bad-They're-Good films, such as the ones from Edward D. Wood Jr, Reefer Madness, and others.

I really could go on and on, but these are just the more common ones I enjoy more!
Old 19th August 2009, 06:38 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

1976-1984 Good taste mate.
What about those classics between 70 and 76?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2009, 06:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Sounds like you're into a lot of stuff, and you listed some great films there. I'll have to look out for the Camera Obscura label... I do love the gore! - anything you can recommend that they have released so far?
Old 19th August 2009, 06:49 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
1976-1984 Good taste mate.
What about those classics between 70 and 76?
Oh absolutely! How could I forget The Exorcist and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Not trying to exclude those films, since they're still part of great 70's horror flicks. That date range though is personally my favorite since a lot of notable ones came out during that era. Just to name a few: Cannibal Holocaust/Apocalypse, Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Videodrome, Zombie (a.k.a. Zombi 2), Carrie, Shivers, Dawn Of The Dead, Suspiria, Creepshow, Dead & Buried, Eraserhead (technically earlier, but it wasn't released until 77), F13 1-4. Many others too!
Old 19th August 2009, 07:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Sounds like you're into a lot of stuff, and you listed some great films there. I'll have to look out for the Camera Obscura label... I do love the gore! - anything you can recommend that they have released so far?
Yes I can actually, just the two titles they've released those far. They're a German label just kicking off and so far I'd say they're doing fairly well. the first is called "Orozco The Embalmer", which you can purchase at various import websites. It's a documentary film directed by a Japanese film director following the embalming practices of one man in a crime-ridden city of Colombia. Very graphic material but interesting none-the-less for those curious enough to look.

The last one is an 1974 non-dialoque arthouse film from Belgium banned due to its bestiality subject matter and has never come out officially on DVD. It's called Vase De Noces (a.k.a. The Pig ****ing Movie, One Man And His Pig, and Wedding Trough) Obviously from the title, it's about a man living alone on his farm that falls in love with his pig, and bears little piglets! They've remastered/restored the print and it looks awesome!

I'd link you to their official website, but they don't have one as of yet. But you may get reviews of the film at Film Bizarro!

Orozco The Embalmer:
http://metapher.fatcow.com//filmbiza...heembalmer.php

Vase De Noces:
http://metapher.fatcow.com//filmbiza...asedenoces.php
Old 19th August 2009, 07:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Cheers sic - I've heard of those two, hadn't heard of the label though. Orozco in particular sounds good - it will be interesting to see what else they release.
Old 19th August 2009, 07:20 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Cheers sic - I've heard of those two, hadn't heard of the label though. Orozco in particular sounds good - it will be interesting to see what else they release.
Anytime dude! I too, am really looking forward to see what else they have planned for DVD!
Old 19th August 2009, 08:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsic4slipknotxx View Post
Oh absolutely! How could I forget The Exorcist and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Not trying to exclude those films, since they're still part of great 70's horror flicks. That date range though is personally my favorite since a lot of notable ones came out during that era. Just to name a few: Cannibal Holocaust/Apocalypse, Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Videodrome, Zombie (a.k.a. Zombi 2), Carrie, Shivers, Dawn Of The Dead, Suspiria, Creepshow, Dead & Buried, Eraserhead (technically earlier, but it wasn't released until 77), F13 1-4. Many others too!
What do you make of movies like THE DEVILS,STRAW DOGS and A CLOCKWORK ORANGE mate?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th August 2009, 08:15 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
What do you make of movies like THE DEVILS,STRAW DOGS and A CLOCKWORK ORANGE mate?
Loved both Les Diaboliques (The Devils) and A Clockwork Orange. Just recently got the Blu-ray edition for Clockwork. Stanley Kubrick was the man when it came to shooting a film, a far as still camera shoots and wide angle shots! Especially with 2001: A Space Odyssey. Man, it still shocks me that film was shot in the late 60's because when you look at the clarity and sharpness of the picture, you would have though it was made in the late 70's, early 80's. At least that's what I thought.

I have yet to see Straw Dogs actually. I've been meaning to watch it but kept getting sidetrack. I'm gonna watch it soon though.
Old 19th August 2009, 09:48 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

The blu ray of 2001 and one is one the best! I agree that its hard to belive it was shot in the 60's. when you look at the grainy black and white Kubrick interview footage from the time it looks like its froma different era.

Like this? Share it using the links below!