Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2010, 10:28 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just tried logging in again but still crashed, are there anyother websites that lets you import you collection. i tried invelos but without registering i can only post 50 titles....
I have an Invelos account too (I think it's something like $30 for a lifetime membership - so a real bargain). The only problem I have with it is that the online display is so shitty and outdated. The actual database is pretty damn good though.
There is a way of exporting your data to .xml from Invelos into another free program called php profiler, but again the online isn't fantastic. I don't think you have to pay for that one though.

The only other one I know of is Collectorz - but you have to pay for that too I think...

Have you tried signing up to dvdaf under a new account; or even using a different browser. I ditched IE about a year ago as it was playing up on certain sites (this one included) and now use Firefox instead - it's better and a hell of a lot quicker.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

im actually using firefox as IE is cack. i might just set up a small website and host it on there instead.
Old 1st April 2010, 10:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
im actually using firefox as IE is cack. i might just set up a small website and host it on there instead.
Nice idea: at least then you can have some input into what it looks like.
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:17 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Weird that you are having a problem with dvdaf,but the site sometimes acts strange (when they are updating I guess).
Maybe try again later?
I use it all the time and it's very easy and quick to import.
No UPC codes needed.
Just search by label and start adding,that will take care of your collection in no time.

I do have to update the database with more European dvd's soon,so if someone is missing a few just let me know and I'll try to add them too.
I'll be adding more hardboxes as well I think.
For hardboxes with several covers they have a new policy that only allows for 1 listing per dvd (if the UPC/content is the same) but you can choose other covers to display when they're in your collection.

Last edited by bdc; 2nd April 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 2nd April 2010, 09:52 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
just spent the last 4 days cataloging my dvds and i have just finished the last one. i have just realised i spend too much on dvds as i have.....1283 of the shiney little lovelies
Ha! Lightweight - I've over twice as many! Hardly regret a single purchase as the worst titles were presents, prizes or review discs.

I like Invelos for cataloguing but, as has been said, the online database leaves a lot to be desired and makes browsing through other's collections a real pain.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:21 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Did anyone used to use a website called DVDSpot - I think it was called that? It's a real shame that they shut the site down as it was the best cataloging dvd website out there imo, it had everything you would need/want.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Ha! Lightweight - I've over twice as many! Hardly regret a single purchase as the worst titles were presents, prizes or review discs.

I like Invelos for cataloguing but, as has been said, the online database leaves a lot to be desired and makes browsing through other's collections a real pain.
god damn you Nosferatu, seriously though i would have more if i didn't smoke, plus it's difficult to find room now...
Old 4th April 2010, 05:14 AM
Cultist

Speaking of running out of room, that's just what happened to me in the first quarter of the year.

I had a pile of 'to add' DVDs stacked in my study without a home. Being the Easter long weekend and time up my sleeve, I determined that I could fit another shelf on each of my DVD racks, enabling me to fit another 160 discs in.. so that is exactly what I did! Armed with ruler, pencil, allen key and power drill I upgraded my library to what you see below.

1279 DVD and Blu-rays, as per my list: http://sutekh.mine.nu/dvd/
Around 50 VHS.

THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 4th April 2010, 08:14 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Very nice Sec!
Old 4th April 2010, 08:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I see that you have the Limited Edition House Of The Devil VHS. That's a good buy if ever I saw one.
And don't those Arrow and Shameless releases just jump out at you on the shelf?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!