Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Up and Coming Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/7372-up-coming-films.html)

Susan Foreman 26th March 2022 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 668663)
That first picture is from Vampire’s Kiss (1988) but I agree it looks shite lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668668)
Susan just palms us off with anything. :lol:

Don't blame me!

Have a moan at the 'Bloody Disgusting' site!!

First Look at Nicolas Cage’s Dracula in Universal Monster Movie ‘Renfield’!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th March 2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 652173)
https://www.ihorror.com/the-witch-an...nicole-kidman/

The Witch’ and ‘The Lighthouse’ Director’s Next Film Stars Björk and Nicole Kidman

If it’s one director that has done a nice job of shaking up the indie and the horror worlds it gotta be Robet Eggers as of late. The dude, is dropping black and white films starring big names and doing it somewhat quietly, for Crom’s sake. Eggers is no doubt a visionary and we can’t wait for anything he does, and currently, that next thing we are looking forward to is The Northman over at Focus Features.

The Northman will focus on a viking prince that goes batshit, and takes swift revenge after anyone who had anything to do with the death of his father. The film stars Björk, Nicole Kidman, Alexander Skarsgard, Ethan Hawke, Anya Taylor Joy and Willem Dafoe.

Eggers co-writes the screen play with poet, Sjón.

A revenge story from Eggers with this much of a particular caliber after actor is very exciting. I’m also wondering if he will ever decide to go back and focus on black and white.

Whatever he decides, I feel like are in really good hands. The film is set to be released in theaters April 8, 2022.

From visionary director Robert Eggers comes THE NORTHMAN, an action-filled epic that follows a young Viking prince on his quest to avenge his father’s murder. With an all-star cast that includes Alexander Skarsgård, Nicole Kidman, Claes Bang, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ethan Hawke, Björk, and Willem Dafoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMSdF...=FocusFeatures

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th March 2022 11:55 AM

There's a good six page piece on The Northman in the latest Empire.

Hope it gets a blu release in this country.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th March 2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 668724)
There's a good six page piece on The Northman in the latest Empire.

Hope it gets a blu release in this country.

I hope it gets a 4K Ultra HD release as well as a Blu-ray one – the trailer makes it look like an audiovisual treat to be enjoyed in the best format possible.

Justin101 26th March 2022 02:40 PM

Up and Coming Films

I’m very excited to see The Northman, saw the trailer at the cinema this week and got me excited all over again! When Björk appears it gave me goosebumps.

J Harker 26th March 2022 11:20 PM

After the ruddy Shitehouse i just hope The Northman is even watchable.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

gag 8th April 2022 09:19 PM

No real insight or trailer, brief outline of the story and the cast who's in the film.

MrBarlow 14th April 2022 09:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGP6im8AZA This seems interesting

nosferatu42 15th April 2022 02:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX7df79BNo&t=56s

trebor8273 18th April 2022 09:11 PM

Thor love and thunder, this actually looks like it could be a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgB1wUcmbbw

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 669560)

FFS! This shit's never ending. ^

trebor8273 18th April 2022 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 669564)
FFS! This shit's never ending. ^

Yep, sure another couple of films out this year and more TV shows and looks like Warner/DC are doing the same with linked universe of movies and TV shows.

But I still think it looks fun and seems very guardians of the galaxy / James gun.

Mind probably biased as Thor been on of favourite since a kid and guardians of the galaxy are my favourite of the marvel movies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 669565)
Yep, sure another couple of films out this year and more TV shows and looks like Warner/DC are doing the same with linked universe of movies and TV shows.

But I still think it looks fun and seems very guardians of the galaxy / James gun.

Mind probably biased as Thor been on of favourite since a kid and guardians of the galaxy are my favourite of the marvel movies.

I do think it's getting too much and the audience does a bit too i think. Eternals and The Suicide Squad flopped as has Morbius and Venom 2 whilst the last Spiderman was huge.

Fatigue may well be setting in.

Hopefully.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th April 2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 669560)

That does look very entertaining. Thor is a very funny character, always very well played by Chris Hemsworth, and the same can be said for Chris Pratt's portrayal of Peter Quill/Star Lord.

If they are going to have a Guardians of the Galaxy-type film with plenty of Thor, then count me in.

Susan Foreman 27th April 2022 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The first look at Margot Robbie as the title character in the upcoming 'Barbie' film

You might want to turn down the PINK colour setting on your screen!

trebor8273 4th May 2022 07:39 PM

Final trailer for doctor strange and the multiverse of madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tHbFTUf1g

Well it's Rami and I enjoyed the first two Spiderman films so could be good and looks like this will be how bring in the mutants and fantastic four.

Susan Foreman 5th May 2022 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 670179)
Final trailer for doctor strange and the multiverse of madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tHbFTUf1g

Well it's Rami and I enjoyed the first two Spiderman films so could be good and looks like this will be how bring in the mutants and fantastic four.

It's probably just me, but this actually looks like a trailer for something called 'Fear Street Part Two: 1978' rather than a trailer for something called 'Doctor Strange And The Multiverse Of Madness'!

trebor8273 5th May 2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 670191)
It's probably just me, but this actually looks like a trailer for something called 'Fear Street Part Two: 1978' rather than a trailer for something called 'Doctor Strange And The Multiverse Of Madness'!

Doh !Here's the right one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bpZg8V3Onk

Susan Foreman 5th May 2022 05:31 PM

The poster for 'Crimes of The Future'

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th May 2022 11:50 AM

This autumn on the Roku channel, a biography of Weird Al Yankovic starring Daniel Radcliffe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEUIr...annel=ONEMedia

gag 9th May 2022 04:07 PM

gag 9th May 2022 05:04 PM

MrBarlow 9th May 2022 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 670344)

This one looks interesting

Susan Foreman 10th May 2022 03:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The MCU 2022 release schedule

Justin101 10th May 2022 03:32 PM

Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Maybe :lol: but probably Nope.

That Thor trailer is like, so so bad...
Think back to the days of Captain America Winter Soldier or Iron Man 3, those days are long behind us.

SymbioticFunction 10th May 2022 04:19 PM

I'm glad the days of Iron Man 3 are behind us. :) I was very disappointed with that movie. When Guy Pearce inexplicably starting breathing fire, that was when I completely gave up on it. :)

J Harker 10th May 2022 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 670390)
I'm glad the days of Iron Man 3 are behind us. :) I was very disappointed with that movie. When Guy Pearce inexplicably starting breathing fire, that was when I completely gave up on it. :)

I like Iron Man 3. It was Iron Man 2 I didn't get on with. The only real duffer in the MCU in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

trebor8273 10th May 2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 670389)
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope
Maybe :lol: but probably Nope.

That Thor trailer is like, so so bad...
Think back to the days of Captain America Winter Soldier or Iron Man 3, those days are long behind us.

I actually like the look of the Thor trailer get a guardians of the galaxy vibe and it's got Chris Hemsworth and he's bound to take his top off so that's me pleased.

Ms marvel looks truly terrible from the trailer.

gag 11th May 2022 02:45 PM

Even tho cronenbergs new film hasn't been fully released yet we haven't heard the last of him.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...with-the-dead/

David Cronenberg’s Next Movie ‘The Shrouds’ Will Attempt to Connect with the Dead
With Crimes of the Future coming to theaters this summer, David Cronenberg has already set up his next project, officially announced over on Variety this morning. It’s titled The Shrouds, and Vincent Cassel (Irreversible, Cronenberg’s Eastern Promises) is on board to star!

The film “centers on Karsh (Vincent Cassel), an innovative businessman and grieving widower, who builds a device to connect with the dead inside a burial shroud.”

Here’s a longer plot synopsis for Cronenberg’s The Shrouds that provides more info:

“Karsh’s revolutionary business is on the verge of breaking into the international mainstream when several graves within his cemetery are vandalized and nearly destroyed, including that of his wife. While he struggles to uncover a clear motive for the attack, the mystery of who wrought this havoc, and why, will drive Karsh to reevaluate his business, marriage and fidelity to his late wife’s memory, as well as push him to new beginnings.”

Cronenberg wrote the script and he’ll be directing the movie. “We are thrilled to be going on a journey into the newest world from the distinctive imagination of David Cronenberg. His ability to write smart and unconventional screenplays and then translate them into unique experiences on screen makes him a unique voice in film,” producer Ben Saïd tells Variety.

Sales on The Shrouds will launch in Cannes this month. Filming begins March 2023.

gag 11th May 2022 09:19 PM

https://www.fangoria.com/original/th...he-first-omen/

THE OMEN Is Getting A Prequel Movie Called THE FIRST OMEN
20th Century Studios has tapped director Arkasha Stevenson for THE FIRST OMEN, a prequel to the '70s horror classic.

It's all for you, Damien!
Everything old is new again, and that being the case, yet another long-running horror franchise is making a comeback. This time, it’s The Omen making a return to the screen with a brand new film that will serve as a prequel to the original 1976 horror classic. As first reported by Deadline, The First Omen is in development at Disney’s 20th Century Studios, with Arkasha Stevenson (Channel Zero, Legion) in the director’s chair, marking her feature directorial debut.

Per the report, Stevenson is re-writing a script that has already been floating around alongside her creative partner Tim Smith. The duo previously collaborated on Syfy’s Channel Zero: Butcher’s Block, as well as Netflix’s Brand New Cherry Flavor. Plot details for the film remain firmly under wraps for the time being. Another thing that remains up in the air is whether or not this is being made with a theatrical release in mind or if it will go straight to Hulu like the new Predator movie, titled Prey, or the new Alien film from Fede Alvarez. Under Disney, 20th Century Studios is largely being used to service its streaming needs. With that in mind, it seems likely that this movie will probably end up on Hulu, but that is purely speculative for the time being.

The Omen was directed by the late, great Richard Donner and proved to be a big hit, paving the way for a franchise that has had a surprisingly long life. The movie, very basically, centers on an American diplomat who comes to believe that his son Damien may, quite literally, be the devil incarnate. With that in mind, it opens up interesting questions about The First Omen, given that Damien was quite young in the first movie. So, who or what is the prequel going to focus on? There have been two theatrically released sequels since Damien first appeared on screen, 1978’s Damien: The Omen II and 1981’s Omen III: The Final Conflict.

But that’s far from the end of it for this particular franchise. We also had the made-for-TV Omen IV: The Awakening released in 1991, as well as a very successful remake of the original in 2006 that grossed $119 million at the box office. We’ve also had not one, but two different TV series in the form of 1995’s The Omen and 2016’s Damien. Bearing all of that in mind, is it all that surprising to discover that a prequel is now firmly in the cards? Especially considering the success of recent horror reboots such as Halloween, Scream and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, among others.

The First Omen does not yet have a release date set.

gag 12th May 2022 03:11 AM

Susan Foreman 12th May 2022 09:17 PM

Coming in 2024

THIS IS SPINAL TAP Is Getting a Sequel 40 Years Later / Nerdist

gag 16th May 2022 01:52 PM

https://screenrant.com/nightmare-elm...oSAW0Szu5bn9mM

Nightmare On Elm Street's Reboot Should Be A Freddy Kruger Prequel

gag 16th May 2022 01:53 PM

Prey teaser trailer. Predator 5

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th May 2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 670616)
Prey teaser trailer. Predator 5

I always look forward to any new Predator film and sadly usually end up totally let down.

That last one was atrocious.

gag 16th May 2022 07:39 PM

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-into-a-movie/

David Cronenberg Plans on Turning His Novel ‘Consumed’ into a Movie
As you may recall, it was announced way back in 2017 that David Cronenberg‘s novel Consumed was becoming a series at AMC, but alas, that project never came to be. As it turns out, Cronenberg’s Consumed subsequently found its way over to Netflix as a potential series for the streaming service, but that project has also failed to come to fruition.

Speaking with Variety this week, Cronenberg details what happened with Netflix’s Consumed series, while also teasing that the project is now taking the form of a non-Netflix movie.

“I tried and we got to two episodes, and then they decided not to do it,” Cronenberg explains. “And I was disappointed because I was interested in streaming in cinematic terms. I thought that would be a very interesting experience for me as a writer, as a creator, and then also as a director. And maybe I’ll have that experience one day…”

Cronenberg continues, “So the project that I was talking to Netflix about, it will be feature film instead. I don’t have a screenplay yet for that but I will be writing that.”

Speaking about Netflix in an earlier portion of the Variety interview, Cronenberg notes, “And I think my feeling is I really was very interested in the whole Netflix streaming phenomenon, definitely. But I think that they’re still very conservative. I mean, I think they’re still like a Hollywood studio. I thought maybe they would be different.

“The difference is that Netflix can show very interesting streaming series from Korea, from Finland, and they say it’s a Netflix original, but it isn’t really — it’s something they have acquired. But I think when it comes to their actual production that they do themselves, they’re very conservative. I think they think in mainstream terms, that’s my experience with them anyway.”

Cronenberg’s debut novel Consumed was published in 2015. In the novel, “Stylish and camera-obsessed, Naomi and Nathan thrive on the yellow journalism of the social-media age. Naomi finds herself drawn to the headlines surrounding a famous couple, Célestine and Aristide, Marxist philosophers and sexual libertines. Célestine has been found dead, and Aristide has disappeared. Police suspect him of killing her and consuming parts of her body. Yet Naomi sets off to find him, and as she delves deeper into the couple’s lives, she discovers the news story may only skim the surface of the disturbing acts they performed together. Journalist Nathan, meanwhile, is in Budapest photographing the controversial work of an unlicensed surgeon named Zoltán Molnár, once sought by Interpol for organ trafficking. After sleeping with one of Molnár’s patients, Nathan contracts a rare STD called Roiphe’s and travels to Toronto, determined to meet the man who discovered the syndrome. Dr. Barry Roiphe, Nathan learns, now studies his own adult daughter, whose bizarre behavior masks a devastating secret.”

MrBarlow 21st May 2022 06:31 PM

Law Abiding Citizen getting a sequel.

A sequel is in the works to F. Gary Gray’s 2009 action thriller “Law Abiding Citizen,” which starred Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx.

No cast has been set for “Law Abiding Citizen 2,” but Butler will return as a producer on the film along with his partner Alan Siegel for G-Base, and the film’s original producer Lucas Foster and screenwriter Kurt Wimmer will also be reprising their creative roles on the sequel.

Village Roadshow Pictures and financier and producer Rivulet Films are working on the sequel, with Rivulet’s Rob Paris and Mike Witherill serving as producers. Foster will produce for his Warp Films banner. And Village Roadshow Pictures’ Tristen Tuckfield and Jillian Apfelbaum will executive produce.

The plot for the sequel is being kept under wraps.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st May 2022 07:19 PM

Can't get enough Gerard Butler. :clap:

Susan Foreman 23rd May 2022 03:13 PM

The first official trailer for "Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One"

The film is to be released in July 2023

Seeing as this is being noted as 'part 1', I think it's safe to say that Tom Cruise survives the big stunt at the end of the trailer!

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd May 2022 05:41 PM

Good to have Kittridge back. Really look forward to MI: Dead Reckoning.