All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th October 2017, 10:31 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Film No.5

peelers-2016-zombie-strippers-poster.jpg

A local fat cat businessman buys the local stripclub and whats the girls out straight after their last shift. Everything is going as normal until a few workers from the coal mine outside town pop in for a few drink and an eyeful of titty. One by one the workers fall ill and start to bleed and vomit black oil but it also sets them on a wild blood hungry rampage through the stripclub. These are not the run of the mill zombie/infected and a shot to the head won't be enough to stop them in the tracks.

Strangely enough i enjoyed this maybe it was all the boobs or the boob but probably it was the boobs come to think of it it was definitely the boob i have made up my mind definitely. I love the idea of a zombie/infected outbreak set around a stripclub very far from perfect but it was more fun than i expected to get from it so thats a plus point. Some of the acting is passable but some characters are just annoying and some of the dialogue is just very cringey at best. There was a lot of blood but alot of the killing is off screen unfortunately and there was also some CGI blood which is a big no no especially when it looks as bad as it this in this case.

There is some fun to be had here but i wouldnt go out of my way to seek it out and if i'm honest the bobs are not even that great

5/10
Old 5th October 2017, 12:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

DAY 4:

Eyes of a Stranger (1981)

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 5th October 2017 at 01:01 PM.
Old 5th October 2017, 04:36 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
DAY 4:

Eyes of a Stranger (1981)

***1/2 out of *****

I really rate Eyes of a Stranger. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 5th October 2017, 05:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

October 4th

Night of the Demons III (Demon House) (1997)

Fun third film in the series in which a bunch of youths hole up at an old mansion to escape the law only to soon realize that their host, the gorgeous Angela, is not quite whom or what she seems. Blood, breasts, cool SFX and dodgy dialogue are the order of the day in this fast paced entry. The addition of a soon to retire police lieutenant gives the film a bit of a different slant and someone to root for who isn't an annoying brat. Having said that Demon House is a film i enjoy and is a lot of popcorn-esq entertainment.

Corruption (1968)

Peter Cushing plays so far against type in Corruption he's almost unrecognisable as a surgeon turned murderer who kills for the skin glands he needs to restore his wife's (Sue Lloyd) scarred face. The brutality on show is strong and Cushing should be ill at ease in the role but he pulls it off quite memorably, in fact his scenes at a party with Vanessa Howard come across so Cushing like you'd swear he wasn't actually acting. In fact it could be argued that the gorgeous Lloyd with her constant demands is the real monster at the heart of the film. I'm fairly sure this was Cushing's very first contemporary horror role.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28712_1_large.jpg (89.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Corruption_(film).jpg (42.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 5th October 2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 5th October 2017, 06:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Dracula (1974)

Dracula (1974) ....

I feel im gonna be in the minority with this one and to be honest I don't care,but I found Dan Curtis's adaptation of the Dracula story to be tepid,boring and ludicrously miscast.What genius thought that Jack Palance could pull this off must of been of his nucking futs,his Bronsonesque squinting and gurning made him look ridicoulous in the role of the Count.Palance is'nt exautly bad just wrong.The same goes for Dr. Van Helsing played by Nigel Davenport,I felt like he was acting in another film and had not been told and Simon Ward completes this threesome of the absurd,just a terrible actor. I found nothing in this film interesting,the direction seemed lacklustre and badly paced.Thank god someone put Palance out of his misery at the end of the film,I just wished I fell asleep like I normally do....

81ThOeA2liL__SL1500_.jpg

Old 5th October 2017, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict

Tonight's watch will be Hideous!

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 5th October 2017, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Dracula (1974) ....

I feel im gonna be in the minority with this one and to be honest I don't care,but I found Dan Curtis's adaptation of the Dracula story to be tepid,boring and ludicrously miscast.What genius thought that Jack Palance could pull this off must of been of his nucking futs,his Bronsonesque squinting and gurning made him look ridicoulous in the role of the Count.Palance is'nt exautly bad just wrong.The same goes for Dr. Van Helsing played by Nigel Davenport,I felt like he was acting in another film and had not been told and Simon Ward completes this threesome of the absurd,just a terrible actor. I found nothing in this film interesting,the direction seemed lacklustre and badly paced.Thank god someone put Palance out of his misery at the end of the film,I just wished I fell asleep like I normally do....

Attachment 197282
Your not in the minority I felt the same way
Old 5th October 2017, 08:56 PM
Cult Addict

Hideous!
A dealer in weird scientific specimens, sells a new one to a buyer; infuriating a man deemed as a priority. So he decides to steal it by getting his assistant to wear a skirt and a gorilla mask to hold the buyer hostage and steal the specimen. The victim disputes the theft and goes to confirm what he believes is the case. The specimens come to life and scare everyone.
Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but not the best. The acting is what you expect from a full moon feature. Hammy, flamboyant and just there. However the creature effects stand out. The soundtrack as well is there, seems like rejected pieces of music from Puppet Master
6/10
Old 5th October 2017, 09:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Dracula (1974) ....

Attachment 197282
I shall be watching this for the first time during this Octoberfest.

Can't wait!
Old 5th October 2017, 09:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One of those many rip offs that followed in the wake of jaws , while not up it's standard its far better than most of them, even though it has TV movie feel it still quite graphic and moves along at a fast pace with some interesting characters 7/10

A guilty pleasure this one because it's not very well acted or directed and the music would be more suited to 80s TV show,but plenty of silly fun to be had when the slimy critters start killing of the townsfolk! 7/10

Now watching devils nightmare.

Like this? Share it using the links below!