LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2018, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Nice signature image by the way.Trick r' Treat is one of those films that is guaranteed an October viewing for me.
Me too, but probably a bit closer to the 31st. If you look closely, you'll notice it isn't just a still image.
Old 11th October 2018, 06:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Me too, but probably a bit closer to the 31st. If you look closely, you'll notice it isn't just a still image.
I was expecting Leslie Bibb to wave her arms or something. That's a very subtle candle flicker.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I was expecting Leslie Bibb to wave her arms or something. That's a very subtle candle flicker.
I'd love to take credit for its creation, but someone else made it and I thought it was a really cool Halloween-themed gif.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 10th Part 2.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)

Anyone who is a fan of this film will probably know that producers John Carpenter and Debra Hill first assigned British tv science fiction writer Nigel Kneale script writing duties. Following issues with distributor Dino De Laurentiis Kneale asked for his name to be removed from the script.

Here's another reason why Kneale should have had his name removed. He nicked the whole idea from two 1970's Jon Pertwee Doctor Who stories - Spearhead from Space (1970) and Terror of the Autons (1971), two stories featuring classic foes the Autons.

See what you think. Baring in mind Kneale would have no idea that some two bit sci-fi series in the early 70's would still be massively popular fifty years on.

Both the film and the series feature a factory that produces plastic and latex products for kids that will when primed, at a certain time, kill their purchaser.

Said factories are both run by a distinguished gentleman in a black suit. Yet at the heart of each factory lies a powerful force preparing for world domination. Each factory is guarded by a small army of near identical men who turn out to be automatons or in Doctor Who's case Autons.

Both film and series feature said automatons entering a hospital with the motive of murdering a man who knows too much about their scheme.

Both feature attacks in a car where our hero is supposedly unaware that the person they are driving with is actually an automaton.

And finally our hero in both film and tv series is referred to as Doctor.

So there you have it. Proof that Kneale is a script thief.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9f88e95c35ce9346c29049f036e84f5c.jpg (99.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 11th October 2018, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Up tonight happy hell night and leathers
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Up tonight happy hell night and leathers
FFS! Seven words and you can't even type them correctly.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Possession (1981, Andre Zulawski)

Searing and unflinching. But enough of my curried plums ....

More grounded than Kramer Vs Kramer, this rather heightened tale of betrayal and paranoia betwixt a warring couple is an unusual choice ...or is it? There's plenty of claret . and lots of screaming .... and twas banned by our fearless moral guardians as being "depraving and corrupting". So there

Sam Neill and Isabelle Adjani try and out diva each other here. It's a very operatic film imho ... Neill just lets rip without any net at the drop of a hat, and Adjani just about tops him with the "tunnel" sequence. Haven't seen this one? Well, it's ARTHOUSE with gore wink wink. Whomever is left can sort it out for themselves. Watch the trailer. Actually don't.
This was the SS UK dvd. Cannot wait to get this on BD.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th October 2018, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
FFS! Seven words and you can't even type them correctly.
Bloody autocorrect, should of been leatherface.

Should be a special place in hell for who ever idea it was.
Old 11th October 2018, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran

Watched this evening, Carry on Screaming and now I can't get that bloody song out of my head

I laughed so much, one of the funnier Carry On films

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 11th October 2018, 08:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Grapes of Death(1978).

A young girl called Elizabeth takes a train journey in rural France to meet up with her fiance who runs a vineyard and is attacked by a sick man with a strange disease. Managing to escape, she finds herself lost in the country with a mysterious blind girl and has to fight off an army of insane villages who have also succumb to the strange illness due to contaminated wine.

From director Jean Rollin comes a film that's one of his closest to an all out horror movie. Whereas most of his previous films were more poetic tales about sexy female vampires floating about semi naked in castles and on beaches, here he aims more for the gore and less on the sex. There's still plenty of atmosphere but pulls off a couple of graphic scenes including a nasty death by pitchfork and a young girl being crucified and decapitated.

Rollin regular Brigitte Lahaie also shows up as well in a stunning scene where she's in a white night dress and walking two great danes, and goes full frontal too, but not with the dogs.

The film itself is actually very well done, with a claustrophobic atmosphere in the rural town with nice shots of the sweeping countryside and reminded me a bit of the film The Crazies.

Not a bad recommend, and with an unusual soundtrack 7/10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71aNuBfSTdL._SX342_.jpg (23.0 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!