Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2022, 04:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It turns out I have more than I thought on BD, I'd like to get Plague of the Zombies in HD soon though.

Hound of the Baskervilles
Countess Dracula
The Curse of Frankenstein
Dracula
Brides of Dracula
Captain Clegg
The Curse of the Werewolf
Kiss of the Vampire
Maniac
Die! Die! My Darling (Fanatic)
Never Take Sweets From A Stranger
Taste of Fear
The Revenge of Frankenstein
The Curse of the Mummy’s Tomb
The Two Faces of Dr Jekyll
The Gorgon
Hands of the Ripper
Hammer House of Horror
Taste the Blood of Dracula
Twins of Evil
The Vampire Lovers
The Camp on Blood Island
The Damned
The Shadow of the Cat
Phantom of the Opera
Nightmare
Sword of Sherwood Forest
A Challenge for Robin Hood
The Snorkel
The Stranglers of Bombay
The Terror of the Tongs
Dracula AD 1972
The Satanic Rites of Dracula
Demons of the Mind
The Devil Rides Out
Dracula Prince of Darkness
The Devil Ship Pirates
Nice. You've got so many. You really can't stop there.
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.
Old 21st October 2022, 04:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

VHS 99 (2022, Various)

One more time then. The wraparound ....
Whilst I enjoyed this more than the last installment, that's not saying much. 2 of the tales were reasonable enough in a grotty, gloopy kind of way ( this made an interesting counterpoint to The Feast etc), but this series has run its course and it shows. IMHO.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st October 2022, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Nice. You've got so many. You really can't stop there.
Well, when Dracula Has Risen from the Grave comes out I'll buy it
nicholasrope likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st October 2022, 06:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

IN FEAR – A couple are lost on the backroads of Ireland. They’re driving around in search of an elusive hotel, only the signs keep leading them back to where they started… and it’s getting dark. Another re-watch plucked at random from my tottering pile, my memories of ‘In Fear’ were as vague as decade-old recollections often are, so it was nice to discover that I’d made a sound choice, nicer still that nothing about the opening scenes brought it all rushing back. Because, like the hapless kids in the car, you don’t know where ‘In Fear’ is going at first. There’s something a bit Twilight Zoney about the whole ending up back at ‘go’ thing, and it feels like the film’s landscape and woodlands, at first dour then menacing, might harbour malicious supernature. What does actually happen is sort-of implied by the set-up in the pub at the beginning, but it’s a tense ride before we get there, and I think that a lot of what ‘In Fear’ does well comes from the cabin fever dynamic between driver and passenger, and our worry that off-key bickering between two relative strangers in a state of confinement might lead anywhere. When we finally arrive, we don’t find ourselves anywhere particularly nice, but why would we? It’s a sour and sulky Brit flick, and the chances of the ending turning out to be less then bleak are pretty slim. Maybe there’s nothing all that novel about it all ultimately, but the lean, mean approach works well and overall I’d say that ‘In Fear’ is a solid recommend for all satnav despisers and those who like deft, well-made low budget horror thrillers.
Old 21st October 2022, 06:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Unborn. 2009.

A young woman begins to be tormented by the spirit of her deceased twin who died before he can be born.

Although set in modern day time this is a film that looks like a homage to the 70s Exorcist rip-off movies from writer/director David S. Goyer who wanted to add in his homage to the ghost/possession movie genre.

There is chit chat in the film about the Jewish faith and Nazi regime in Auschwitz and the doctor who done the experiments, although the research for that was done for this film it can be upsetting to some so be prepared. The acting and the deliverance of the dialogue can be at times a bit wooden but seeing Gary Oldman in the film you can never fault him. There is some good visual effects mixed in and decent cinematography, go in to this with a clear open mind.

MV5BOTM5NDY1MTk2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMyNjkxMg@@._V1_.jpg

Up next Deathwatch
Old 21st October 2022, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Unborn. 2009.

A young woman begins to be tormented by the spirit of her deceased twin who died before he can be born.

Although set in modern day time this is a film that looks like a homage to the 70s Exorcist rip-off movies from writer/director David S. Goyer who wanted to add in his homage to the ghost/possession movie genre.

There is chit chat in the film about the Jewish faith and Nazi regime in Auschwitz and the doctor who done the experiments, although the research for that was done for this film it can be upsetting to some so be prepared. The acting and the deliverance of the dialogue can be at times a bit wooden but seeing Gary Oldman in the film you can never fault him. There is some good visual effects mixed in and decent cinematography, go in to this with a clear open mind.

Attachment 242775

Up next Deathwatch
US remake of the FAR superior A Tale Of Two Sisters. Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st October 2022, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The first of the hammer Dracula's while it's quite different from the book, it's still highly enjoyable which is largely thanks to Cushing and Lee in the roles that made them the legends of horror .

With getting a refund of iTunes for the witch decided to get the conjuring universe collection . I know a lot of people didn't enjoy these but The ones I've seen I enjoyed.
Did watch Annabelle a couple of days ago but have decided to watch in chronological order so watching this now.

Old 21st October 2022, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

I know this got some flack when it came out but it's one that I enjoyed and a lot better than Annabelle Creation.
MacBlayne and nicholasrope like this.
Old 21st October 2022, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hatching (2022, Hanna Bergholm)

Finnish caper. A mate recommended this, so gave it a go. A young gymnast finds an egg. What hatches .... isn't fluffy or cute at all
There's some fun here. Her pushy mother has "talons" of her own and the hatchling was an unusual creature to say the least. Some unpleasantness and a rather wacky ending led the demon to believe he would be revisiting this one sooner rather than laterer. Hmmm. An oddity.

Now I'm off to Amityville with a camera in my hand. Strap in!!

[B]
Old 21st October 2022, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I know this got some flack when it came out but it's one that I enjoyed and a lot better than Annabelle Creation.
This is one of the ones I've seen and I enjoyed it when I watched it, just like dolls and clowns always found nuns creepy!

The ones I've seen

Annabelle
Conjuring
The Nun.

So looking forward too watching the rest.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!