Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th October 2022, 06:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE KEEP Michael Mann 1983

Another film I never tire of, Mann's neglected classic is long overdue for an all singing and dancing edition on Blu Ray or 4k.

The way to go just now is the Imprint Betamax disc.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg keep_menu.jpg (69.8 KB, 2 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 12th October 2022 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12th October 2022, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

An American Werewolf In London. 1981.

Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors and beware the moon. words to live by.

Roger Ebert once said "The dream sequences were unnecessary" IMHO...when I first watched this I just about shit myself with those sequences, John Landis added in some humour yet he definitely made a great serious horror film.

Rick Baker who was the special effects artist knew how to make a person change from human to wolf, with the original Wolf Man film we see him slowly change but in this Landis wanted the change to be painful and David Naughton doesn't disappoint with the change even though it's only for minutes yet he went through a lot during while making the process.

42732_aa.jpg

Up next The Boogey Man
Old 12th October 2022, 06:28 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

TERROR 1978 Norman J Warren

Decided to give what I rate as Warren's weakest horror film another whirl.
Entertaining enough,but not as attention grabbing as his other horror output from the same period.

I've heard some critics rumble on about it being the British Suspiria.

It isn't.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th October 2022, 06:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

Another film I never tire of, Mann's neglected classic is long overdue for an all singing and dancing edition on Blu Ray or 4k.
Who's ass needs kissing for us to get that film in 4K? Especially the original cut would be nice to see.
Old 12th October 2022, 06:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Who's ass needs kissing for us to get that film in 4K? Especially the original cut would be nice to see.

Mann himself unfortunately, it’s never coming out, too much producer interference meant that well over an hour of footage was removed from the film to make the version we know now, which let’s face is a bit of a mess to say the least lol.
nicholasrope likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th October 2022, 06:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's all in the visuals.....
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.

Old 12th October 2022, 07:29 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 11

MV5BMTRlNTI2OGMtOGIzYy00Zjk5LThjNTQtMDk5ODY0MjllNmIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX100.jpg grave-robbers-ladrones-de-tumbas-movie-film-horror-1989-1.jpg

When an order of monks discover that one of there order is using satanic rituals to impregnate a virgin with the seed of Satan they capture him and after some brutal torture he is kill by plunging his axe into his chest. But before he breaths his last breath he promises to return from the grave and exact his revenge and finish his promise to Satan. Fast forward to modern day and a group of teenagers who make their money from robbing the valuable from grave all over Mexico but this maybe the last grave they ever desacrate when they stumble upon the final resting place of the Satanic monk and remove the axe from him chest and accidently bring his back from the grave. The monk pick the local sherrifs daughter to be the one to impregnate with the child of Satan when he find her and her friends on a camping trip in the woods.

What a blast this film is right from the off we are straight into the gore and kills setting the mood for what is to follow. The satanic monk had me in stitches during the torture scene when they remove his shirt this isn't some run of the mill monk this guy is ripped to shit it was like watching Pumping Iron with Arnie .

Just like Cemetery of Terror the atmosphere in this film is through the roof with crazy rain storms and then hurrican type winds blowing through the crypts of the cemeterys. The monk looks great for the most part I loved the robe and big hood covering his face but it would been more effective if it was long and not cut off half way exposing his hipster skinny jeans . The kills and gore are all fantastic with plenty of kills every kill is completely different the one in the jail cell was one of my favourites and the fence scene . The film just flew by i was having so much fun with it if only felt like we had just begun and it was over.

Can't recommend this highly enough it's a must for everyone so much fun.

I had to post the original poster just because it's so hilarious and ridiculous you would never guess this was an amazing horror film just a cheesy 80s action film
Old 12th October 2022, 07:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 11

Attachment 242631 Attachment 242632

When an order of monks discover that one of there order is using satanic rituals to impregnate a virgin with the seed of Satan they capture him and after some brutal torture he is kill by plunging his axe into his chest. But before he breaths his last breath he promises to return from the grave and exact his revenge and finish his promise to Satan. Fast forward to modern day and a group of teenagers who make their money from robbing the valuable from grave all over Mexico but this maybe the last grave they ever desacrate when they stumble upon the final resting place of the Satanic monk and remove the axe from him chest and accidently bring his back from the grave. The monk pick the local sherrifs daughter to be the one to impregnate with the child of Satan when he find her and her friends on a camping trip in the woods.

What a blast this film is right from the off we are straight into the gore and kills setting the mood for what is to follow. The satanic monk had me in stitches during the torture scene when they remove his shirt this isn't some run of the mill monk this guy is ripped to shit it was like watching Pumping Iron with Arnie .

Just like Cemetery of Terror the atmosphere in this film is through the roof with crazy rain storms and then hurrican type winds blowing through the crypts of the cemeterys. The monk looks great for the most part I loved the robe and big hood covering his face but it would been more effective if it was long and not cut off half way exposing his hipster skinny jeans . The kills and gore are all fantastic with plenty of kills every kill is completely different the one in the jail cell was one of my favourites and the fence scene . The film just flew by i was having so much fun with it if only felt like we had just begun and it was over.

Can't recommend this highly enough it's a must for everyone so much fun.

I had to post the original poster just because it's so hilarious and ridiculous you would never guess this was an amazing horror film just a cheesy 80s action film
One I haven't seen but sounds like this is up my alley to watch
Old 12th October 2022, 07:51 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
One I haven't seen but sounds like this is up my alley to watch
Think you will love it has a great release from Vinegar Syndrome.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 12th October 2022, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Think you will love it has a great release from Vinegar Syndrome.
Thanks for the heads up Nordi
nicholasrope likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!