Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th October 2022, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've always loved this film , ones of those films is part of the 80s, great characters and great soundtrack with some cool kills

A 80s classic

Now watching.

If not too tired will watch this afterwards.

Old 11th October 2022, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Flesheater. 1988.

College kids on a hayride decide to spend the night in the woods, a farmer unearths a coffin and inside is a zombie that awakens. Soon the teens try to battle and survive the night.

So we got Bill Hinzman star of the original Night Of The Living Dead creating his own zombie flick with a bunch of actors who have very little to 1 film credit to their name with some shitty acting that one person can put Troll 2 to shame with the "Oh My God" phrase. A Sheriff that knows what to do and gathers a lynch mob with their rifles and knows where to shoot. What makes this decent is the gore, nothing is held back, some of the young ones and their acting must have upset Mr Hinzman and he kinda thought "Yeah your dying first and it be good". May not be the best zombie flick but a lot more entertaining than Zombie 5...oh how that film has scarred me for life.

Attachment 242583

Up next Friday The 13th Pat VIII.
Didn't Vipco call this Zombie Nosh? If they did, surely keeping its original title would have been better, let people think it's a Zombie Flesh Eaters Sequel.
Old 11th October 2022, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Didn't Vipco call this Zombie Nosh? If they did, surely keeping its original title would have been better, let people think it's a Zombie Flesh Eaters Sequel.
Yeah they did Nicholas

51YMZYQP6TL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 11th October 2022, 08:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Devil's Men. 1976.

Here we have Peter Cushing as a extradited Baron living in a castle and also practising devil worshipping and people somehow vanishing. Donald Pleasence plays the local police reporting these disappearances to the local constabulary and all he gets is "Do I tell you how to do your job or what can I do"? Thank god this guy isn't our Chief of police or we all be screwed.

We have two great screen actors/legends, playing opposite sides of good and evil, this was a blind watch for me (I was looking for a different film and this popped up) this has very little going for it. Did Satan possesses a statue and breath out fire while talking? There is some suspense moments but not played out well, Luan Peters decides to have a bubble bath while being perved on (not by me) and chased. Go into this with a open mind.

MV5BMzE3MjU4ZWItNjM2My00NzkxLWFmMzgtMjMwYTU1NjZmMGQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgzODE3NDk@._V1_QL75_UY281_.jpg
Old 11th October 2022, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lair Of The White Worm. 1988.

We got a future Dr.Who star Peter Capaldi as a archaeologist who has unearthed a shrine that belonged to a convent. Hugh Grant playing the local Lord D'Ampton who's ancestor slayed a giant worm and may believe the legend to be true and the worm still exists in the local cavern caves. Sammi Davis and Catherine Oxenberg who play the sisters than run the B&B and parents disappeared by the local woods or grove. Amanda Donohoe as the Lady of Temple House who seems to disappear and come back and is never shy of showing off her body.

Ken Russell's take on the story by Bram Stoker, the film is never really been taken seriously especially with fantasy sequences which are decently done, I don't know of people have hallucinations after being bitten by a snake. If the film The Devils offended anyone then one sequence will offend, the acting is done decently and everyone does take their part seriously.

MV5BY2NiNTkzN2YtY2IyOC00NjQwLWIyYTItYzc0OWIxMzc4YTBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Hope everyone has a great night
Old 12th October 2022, 08:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Yeah they did Nicholas

Attachment 242615
I had that very tape when I was 15 I loved the title back then but i'm a bit unsure about it now haha. Keep meaning to re-watch it, I bought the DVD from Music Magpie 2 or so years ago. I haven't seen it since that video tape.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th October 2022, 12:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 11th

Satan's Blood (1977)

"Terror, sex and Satanic rituals on a one way ride to Hell"...

This Spanish entry certainly lives up to its billing as an erotic horror film. A young couple on holiday are invited to stay at a nearby mansion for the night. After a satisfying meal they are enticed by their hosts to partake in a bit of fun with a Ouija board. This being too much for the couple they decide to leave and look for lodgings elsewhere but become trapped by a heavy storm. After retiring to bed the couple are wakened by strange noises and become entangled in a web of orgiastic demonic practices.

The film is chock full of sex and full frontal nudity that has rightly earned it a reputation as one of the sleaziest Gothic films of the seventies. Together with its lurid portrayals of black masses and ritualistic horror make it an unforgettable experience with an ending i really enjoyed.

Satan's Blood is very Jess Franco in it's execution you'd be forgiven for mistaking it for one of the Spanish auteur's better efforts.

Pity the Screenbound Blu doesn't port the doc by Gavin Baddeley about witchcraft over from the Mondo Macabro dvd. I'll have to keep that now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg qXtbLyCWacDpZEY3ox1ltnRKM7o.jpg (100.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 12th October 2022, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran

That one sounds right up my street

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th October 2022, 05:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

INTRUDER WITHIN – The seventies and eighties are thought of as the golden age of the horror film, but what about TV horror? There’s a roll call of indisputable goodies from the time, the likes of ‘Something Evil’, 'Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark’ etc etc The supernatural was always very much a stock-in-trade, but, present company excepted, I’m not aware of there being many TV ‘Alien’ rip-offs. ‘Intruder Within’ therefore enters the scene with a bit of novelty up its sleeve… what about the rest of its hand? It’s set on an oil rig, a nicely grimy location that covers the ‘hemmed in, dark corridors and no obvious means of escape’ bases all at once. There’s an attempt at paranoia, divisions within the team and so forth, and the requisite unusual life-form, this time dredged up from the depths of the ocean, that will infect crew members one by one and eventually mutate into a fully grown guy in a monster suit in the final reel so that the punters get their license fee’s worth. Unfortunately, it’s lumbered with a total style deficit. Whereas the makers of ‘Alien’ had clearly absorbed the era’s cinematic cutting edge and knew how to make the same moves, ‘Intruder Within’ looks like it belongs on old TV – stiff cinematography, stilted acting, step after step a conventional plod. There’s even a romance between a rugged oil dude and someone who’s pretty but assertive. I like ‘Alien’ clones as much as the next geek, in fact I prefer some of them to the real thing, but that’s usually because they do something excruciatingly bad or weird; ‘Intruder Within’ is just palatable really, maybe the sort of thing you could put your feet up to forty odd years ago, maybe less so now (although I do get the nostalgia value when looking at bygone TV). Maybe a fairer comparison would be to stick it alongside another seafaring Alien rip such as ‘Deep Rising’ instead, but it would still lose out.
Old 12th October 2022, 06:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I had that very tape when I was 15 I loved the title back then but i'm a bit unsure about it now haha. Keep meaning to re-watch it, I bought the DVD from Music Magpie 2 or so years ago. I haven't seen it since that video tape.
The Vinegar Syndrome transfer is incredible.

What the film lacks in quality acting and budget more than makes up for in enthusiastic splatter.
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!