Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2022, 07:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is one which I wasn't keen on when in first watched it, but with every viewing it gets better and better ,one of Carpenters best.

A university professor is asked by a priest (Pleasence) to investigate a strange green liquid in a abounded church.

He takes a group of students and soon bizarre things happen and the church is surrounded by a group of strange murderous homeless people led by Alice Cooper.

A they investigate they find out the liquid is alive and is linked to Lucifer and metaphysical and quantum physics.

Now watching

Might end the night with more Carpenter with .

Old 26th October 2022, 08:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Sator was certainly tortuous, Frankie. I love cabin in the woods films but this had the same effect as a bottle of sleeping pills.

It sounded right up my street as well.
Old 26th October 2022, 08:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beware My Brethren. 1972.

A religious sect corrupts a woman's mind which sends her son on a killing frenzy.

A bit of a psychological chiller rather than horror, Kenny played by Tony Beckley holds down two jobs, a security guard and a lifeguard who uses these job to find women and kills them hoping to save their souls. Patrick Magee dons another sinister role as the minister who is looking for more followers to preach and corrupt.

Robert Hartford Davies is certainly no stranger to horror and murder with his previous film Corruption but kicks it up a notch with some good decent murders in this one and some good nudity involved. The script is more provocative on how easily religious fanatics can be and how they can attack the weak and feeble. May not be for everyone but certainly worth a watch.

88FB498BewaremyBretherinWrap-1_1400x.jpg

Up next Death Screams
Old 26th October 2022, 08:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Is this a home invasion film?
Nae quite. Didn't watch trailer (never do ahem), is that the impression it gives? HMMMMMMMM. Back after it's done.
nicholasrope likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th October 2022, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Nae quite. Didn't watch trailer (never do ahem), is that the impression it gives? HMMMMMMMM. Back after it's done.
Not actually seen the trailer no, I was listening to a podcast and they talked about it being quite brutal, but then I can't really remember what else they said about it and I thought they said it was home invasion but might have mixed it up with the other films they were talking about lol... it's been a long week haha
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th October 2022, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fair dos. Not saying another word til it's done. LIKING. And when did the demon last like a modern flick?
Justin101 and nicholasrope like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th October 2022, 10:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death Screams. 1982.

We got a small town in North Carolina, where the locals are celebrating the last night of a carnival being there...didn't look that bad of a carnival but they may have hated it or wanting to wish the Carnies on their merry way. A bunch of horny teens, a young boy pinching...or trying to pinch a Hustler mag, a pervy Sheriff and a machete wielding killer and some bad acting.

The film looks like it was made in the 70s, probably shelved until it was released in 82, it has happened before, like near every killer there is some "Mummy Issues" to be expected and everything is nearly explained in a flashback at the end so don't blink or you will miss it. The kills are done decently and some are off screen but the makers do try to show us the results, this is slow paced and strangely still enjoyable.

MV5BNGVjMDE1NjAtZDBiOC00ZTIyLTk1YmEtY2FkNmEyM2ZkODI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Up next Burial Ground
Old 27th October 2022, 09:03 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Fair dos. Not saying another word til it's done. LIKING. And when did the demon last like a modern flick?
It came back to me, she's gets to an airbnb and someone else is already checked in... that's all I know though Might give it a view this weekend!
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 27th October 2022, 09:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Burial Ground. 1981.

A professor wanting to be friends with zombies, a group of mature horny adults looking for a get away and a creepy kid got a thing for a bit of incest and two servants seem bright. Good make up effects for the zombies or as a guy says it's not human, a dead body rising from the ground certainly isn't human mate. Not be the best acting or dubbing but why is this a great film?? Bring on the 4K version.

Burial-Ground-1981-British-poster-27x41-new-reproduction-print.jpg
Old 27th October 2022, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It came back to me, she's gets to an airbnb and someone else is already checked in... that's all I know though Might give it a view this weekend!
Enjoy then, keen to see what someone else thinks tbh ...
nicholasrope likes this.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!