Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2014, 01:21 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think the campaign would have worked better if you had allowed people to choose release rewards from your past, present, and FUTURE catalogue (maybe up to ZH's proposed release date). Most of the comments I've seen spattered around indicate that people would have been more willing to plump for the higher level rewards if this had been the case.

'tis your BBQ though.
There is a business reason we cannot offer future titles outwith level ten (which acts as a direct subscription) which we won't elaborate on. However, fans can of course still show their support by ordering Zombi Holocaust itself.

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 28th November 2014, 01:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Definitely worth letting the campaign run and gain momentum though I think. These things take time for word of mouth to spread.
Old 28th November 2014, 01:30 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Films View Post
There is a business reason we cannot offer future titles outwith level ten (which acts as a direct subscription) which we won't elaborate on. However, fans can of course still show their support by ordering Zombi Holocaust itself.
I have no doubt that they will (myself included). Like Paul said, Black Friday/Cyber Monday and the run up to Christmas does often stretch the purse strings a bit. Although I (and I know several others) would have seriously looked at laying down more money for the higher level rewards if they had included some of the forthcoming titles... a shame that there are reasons preventing this though as I'm sure you'd be looking at a much healthier pledge amount otherwise.
Old 28th November 2014, 01:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Well that is subjective. Simply put: no other HD source exists for Burial Ground. No in-cam negative.

We are going to pull this campaign unless it speed up. If less than 30 people are interested in remastering and restoring this film then, unfortunately, we need to listen to the market and use the current HD source available.
Only a day has passed since the campaign has started and it's 9%. Too early to get worried I think. A lot of people are waiting to get paid (including myself). It's up to you but you better wait.
Old 28th November 2014, 03:44 PM
Cultist in Training

Added a £55 perk to get SLAUGHTERHOUSE and SPLATTER UNIVERSITY along with the ltd edition ZOMBI HOLOCAUST and a GRADUATION t-shirt.

Hopefully this will please a few!
Antropophagus likes this.

Evil comes in all sizes!
www.88films.co.uk
Old 28th November 2014, 03:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Sorry, but following the announcement of the campaign with the announcement of possibly having to pull it practically within 24 hours seems quite exagerrated to me.
LoBo and PaulD like this.
Old 28th November 2014, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Added a £55 perk to get SLAUGHTERHOUSE and SPLATTER UNIVERSITY along with the ltd edition ZOMBI HOLOCAUST and a GRADUATION t-shirt.

Hopefully this will please a few!
Just a friendly advice. Try to spread the word on all major cult movie sites, forums. Only facebook and twitter is not enough. For example High Rising Productions is liked by 784 people. 88 Films by 2,424. The more people hear about this campaign the better for all of us.
Old 28th November 2014, 04:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Yeah, I'm waiting to get paid before I contribute, as are others, patience is a virtue. I'm fairly certain this will reach and possibly exceed its goal
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th November 2014, 05:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think it's far too soon to pull the campaign, it's only been live for twenty four hours. The thing needs promoting on Facebook, Twitter and getting sci-fi and horror magazines to advertise the fact. In terms of pledges offering a selection of titles past present and future might entice more people, I would certainly have gone for the £70 pledge if it had included future releases.
Old 28th November 2014, 07:10 PM
Active Cultist

Need to give it at least a week before you pull it.
I've contacted dreadcentral to see if they're willing to post about it on their site and you need to see if any of their horror site affiliates will post something.

Like this? Share it using the links below!