Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2011, 06:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have tried many forms over the years,I had a reshuffle on thursday and come up with the best arrangement for me yet.

On bookcase 1

I have arrow & shameless on shelf 1

shelf 2 is video nasties

shelf 3 & 4 series like halloween 1-8,hellraiser 1-8 saw 1-7 etc

shelves 5 & 6 all Italian & spanish favourites that do not fall into arrow,shameless or video nastie groups.

bookcase 2

shelves 1 & 2 code red & mondo macarbro

shelves 3 & 4 horror series & boxsets, tales from the crypt seasons,masters of horror etc

shelves 5 & 6 films I plan to revisit or give a second chance after giving up with first time.

and bookcase 3

mainly consists of films I found ridicolously shit in which I will either sell/trade or happily lend
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Hugh like this.

Last edited by Gold6082; 9th April 2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: typos
Old 9th April 2011, 11:22 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Oh very organized collection, Gold. What about films that fall into more that one category though?
Old 9th April 2011, 12:05 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Before I ran out of space and could display my DVDs, I had them in a mix of alphabetical and individual directors. Now that I have to store them in wallet cases it's in order purchased except those I've yet to watch which are stored in what Mrs MTDS calls "Will you tidy up your crap" order! CD's are stored by genre and band which is fairly easy as I mainly listen to two types of music, garage punk and not garage punk.
Old 10th April 2011, 11:09 PM
Active Cultist

dvds go in the dvd pile/a box/anywhere/everywhere,Blus go on a shelf sorted by region
Old 11th April 2011, 01:51 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I used to simply have mine A-Z, but starting a few collections and things, I decided to put specific collections I'm working on together.
So, at the moment I have:
Video Nasties (A-Z), Shameless (Spine #), Arrow (A-Z), box sets (A-Z), Cayman Classic Horror collection (Spine #), Tartan Asia Extreme (A-Z), and then everything else A-Z and then Music DVDs (A-Z).

Then I also have a big pile of second hand DVDs, which I need to buy some new covers for...some of them are in a right messy state
Old 12th April 2011, 06:57 AM
Cultist in Training

I've got a pretty confusing way of organising them. First I have a few shelves for TV series, then Kids films, then Troma films, and the rest is A-Z with notable directors put together. For example, all my Fulci films are under F.

Then I have another shelf just for Bluray, which is A-Z with everything mixed in together, except for Steelbooks, which are kept at the end of the section.
Old 28th April 2011, 04:09 PM
Cult Rookie

I have my horror on different section to my non horror and both sections are in alpha order....even all my boxsets (in another different section) are in alpha order and all the ones piled on the floor (waiting to buy new shelving) are in alpha order.... i like to be organised
Old 28th April 2011, 04:22 PM
Cultist

i got no real organisation atm for my dvds etc i ran out of room so they are in stacks in my wardrobe
Old 17th August 2011, 11:08 PM
Cultist in Training

I keep my collection separated by genre and then alphabetized within genre. The are exceptions where I separate my Criterion Collection, Masters of Cinema, Second Run, Dragon Dynasty, Fox Film Noir, etc... And those are ordered by spine number.

My Shameless and Arrow collections are currently small, but will be growing very soon, so those will also be separated from the rest and ordered by spine number and alphabetically respectively.
Old 18th August 2011, 06:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

I'm waiting for new shelves to be built in and then I'll be sorting my collection out by Director, Company e.g. Arrow, Shameless, Code Red, ANchor Bay etc and then genre I guess.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Like this? Share it using the links below!