Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Which kind of giallo do you like best?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Which kind of giallo do you like best?

Like Tree1336Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2022, 11:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Poor ain't the word for this, T.V. series would have been a better released, and better dubbing as it seemed very badly out of sync.
Didn't the poster you originally posted rip off House by the Cemetery?
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 13th March 2022, 12:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Didn't the poster you originally posted rip off House by the Cemetery?
Yeah there is also this one

Scorpion_with_Two_Tails.jpg
Old 21st March 2022, 09:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Torso (1973)

Sergio Martino's giallo is a heady delight of gory violence and sleazy sex. Set at a Perugia university where a slightly miscast 29 year old Suzy Kendall and a bevy of gorgeous students are in fear of a hooded murderer who strangles his near naked victims with a silk scarf before fondling their corpses with his blooded hands.

Torso is a decent mystery thriller with red herrings galore although these get narrowed down somewhat as various characters are offed throughout, culminating in a very graphic climax as the killer dismembers the bodies of Kendall's friends as she watches on, in their student house.

Martino teases us in his final scene as our hero (not saying who - spoilers) fights with the killer as we witness events from Kendall's viewpoint and don't actually see what happens - just the denouement. It's an interesting aspect from Martino but i don't think it's as successful nor as gripping as seeing the fight to the death in all it's glory.

Never the less, Torso is a cracking giallo and the Shameless Blu-ray looks quite nice too although lacks detail in some long shots outdoors.
Old 21st March 2022, 10:04 PM
Cult Veteran

I can’t entirely remember who the killer is in Torso or what their convoluted reason for the killings is, so it’s time for a rewatch soon I think!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 21st March 2022, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I can’t entirely remember who the killer is in Torso or what their convoluted reason for the killings is, so it’s time for a rewatch soon I think!
Have you got any of the other Shameless gialli on Blu? Do they look the business?

I've got a bit of an Italian craving at the moment as you probably can tell from my viewings.
Old 21st March 2022, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran

I have most of them, the Edwige ones look good if I remember. I especially enjoyed All The Colours… when I watched the Shameless disc. I went on a bit of a Sergio Martino marathon but realised he has too many films and I didn’t have a lot of them lol…
g053584398 likes this.

Old 21st March 2022, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have most of them, the Edwige ones look good if I remember. I especially enjoyed All The Colours… when I watched the Shameless disc. I went on a bit of a Sergio Martino marathon but realised he has too many films and I didn’t have a lot of them lol…
All the Colours and Mrs. Wardh were going to be my next pick up although i'm hoping for an Arrow Easter sale so might save my money for some of their Italian classics.
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:20 AM
Cult Veteran

I forgot to mention The Case Of The Bloody Iris too, not Martino obviously, but really enjoyable Had a blast watching that one.

Old 22nd March 2022, 11:30 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I forgot to mention The Case Of The Bloody Iris too, not Martino obviously, but really enjoyable Had a blast watching that one.
For someone who swore he wouldn't double dip on his dvds it's all i seem to be doing. Got most of the Hammer's available so now i'm onto gialli and poliziottesco.
g053584398 and Justin101 like this.
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:50 AM
Cult Veteran

Never Say Never!
It's OK for me to say as a lot of these films are first time buys for me on BD, I never really got into importing DVDs from America. However I have double and triple dipped on quite a few films recently Suspiria for one, I had that awful and cut 4Front Video VHS with the cover of the girl getting her face crushed against the window, and I've had it on DVD, 3 different blurays and now (and finally) the Synapse 4k UHD...

Like this? Share it using the links below!