All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2009, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
wow i just watched sodoma and it was intense! what do you think of these films?
I love these films,I like any art that I don't understand!There is such an intensity to these works you really wonder what the hell was going on in their heads at the time.Did you read the biographies of the artists-crazy shamans all!

It's interesting to compare this type of art with what is coming out of the underground horror scene at present.

I wanted to go to a performance by Nitsch a few years ago but tickets were in the hundreds of pounds,the performance lasted 3 or 4 days and involved dead animals.It looked ****ing great.
Old 9th August 2009, 08:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

well im going try to watch one a night that sodoma got me really intrigued!

Last edited by vincenzo; 9th August 2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 9th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

That site is truly amazing and contains 100s of films by avant-garde artists.It's my new favourite place on the web.

Last edited by vincenzo; 9th August 2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:48 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
thanks BS

ordered it on Sunday came through this morning will watch it tonight

alex
Old 13th August 2009, 06:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
thanks BS

ordered it on Sunday came through this morning will watch it tonight

alex
cool i hope you enjoy it
what film ids your avatar from?
Old 14th August 2009, 07:19 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
cool i hope you enjoy it
what film ids your avatar from?

the avatar is the jap vhs sleeve for Addio Ultimo Uomo
Old 14th August 2009, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Anyone saw 'Canibals vs Comando's. ?

I hear its near a Holocaust, animal violence included, cannibal film, made in 2000 by Bruno Mattei.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:19 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Anyone saw 'Canibals vs Comando's. ?

I hear its near a Holocaust, animal violence included, cannibal film, made in 2000 by Bruno Mattei.

do you mean this one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420728/
or this one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400274/

if it is the 2nd one then it is basically a scene for scene remake of cannibal holocaust including the animal stuff.

if it's the first then it's more like predator than CH

but neither of these were made in 2000
Old 16th August 2009, 03:04 AM
Cultist

Just a quick question regarding some of the films mentioned here like Mordum and so on. (I haven't sat through these although I have a fairly good idea having been on the Internet for years. The likes of House on the Edge of the Park, Bumfights, Love Camp 7 and Irreversible are extreme enough, thanks. Besides which I watch films for fun, not to have endless nightmares.)

Would the examiners even bother to watch to the end? The BBFC surely wouldn't force female examiners to sit through the film three or four times simply for the appearance of giving these works a 'fair shot'. Would some of these submissions simply get handed over to the police? No doubt there are a good few like this.

I'm really interested to find out how they would react to someone having the sheer audacity to go cap in hand with this stuff.

Last edited by Eurosleaze; 16th August 2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 16th August 2009, 06:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well the BBFC did say when they rejected The Secret Garden in 2000 that they would have handed the film over to the police if it wasn't for the fact that it was animation. Fact is the BBFC already take advice from the police and the obscene publications unit in regards to the legality of a film ie scenes involving children, bomb making, criminal techniques etc. So any "handing over" is just for advice because the distributors are not going to be prosecuted. At least I have never of such a thing happening and some films certainly do contain obscene material ie scenes in breach of the CPA. The scenes are usually cut or the film might be rejected and that's the end of the matter.

There's no doubt that Mordum would be deemed obscene under the terms of the OPA. I don't know whether the BBFC always watch these films to the end but submitting films Like Mordum, Snuff 102, Sex Wish etc would be a waste of time as they will never get through.

The views of their female examiners is very important to them although in cases of problematic films the films are usually viewed by a number of different examiners over a period of time. From what I heard when Scrapbook was submitted to them in 2003 several female examiners walked out in disgust. I know "extreme" films have their fans but they can be upsetting for some.

Going back to Mordum, yes the BBFC would not be amused with a submission of this type of film. I watched this just last year and I can see a rejection taking place a long time before the film has even got half way through.

Like this? Share it using the links below!