Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree246Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I heard that John Carpenter has written and directed the latest FEAR game on the XBOX.
FEAR 3, haven't played any of them myself though. They are horror themed
Old 3rd September 2010, 08:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

My favourite John Carpenter movie: It was HALLOWEEN for years, now i'm not so sure...
maybe ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, or ASSAULT? Shit, theres so many favourites, cant decide on just one of his films. tough one...
Old 4th September 2010, 03:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Thing is still my absolute favourite Carpenter flick, closely followed by They Live, Assault on Precinct 13 and Escape from New York.I've seen Halloween and The Fog so many times now they've dropped down the list a little.
Old 4th September 2010, 04:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yes, I love all these John Carpenter films you mention too. But the problem being, is that I have watched some of them so many times now, that I now find it difficult to sit through the whole movie. For example, HALLOWEEN. THE THING is a fab film for sure, became a big fan of Kurt Russell off the back of these movies. he seems like a lot of fun this guy, He's so good in those Carpenter classics..
Keith David is a bit of a legend too, so cool...
Old 4th September 2010, 06:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,you've a point there with Halloween.....what I do is alternate between each viewing with the original and the extended-for-tv version.

The Fog,I never tire of watching......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:46 PM
Active Cultist

one i really love that hasnt been mentioned yet is 'body bags', i wish someone could release it uncut in the uk, and release 'in the mouth of madness' while they're at it.
i love all of uncle john's films really, even stuff like 'ghosts from mars' is alot of fun, i can't say i've ever been less than entertained watching anything from the great JC
Old 5th September 2010, 12:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
They live is also a favourite of mine.Roddy Piper at his best

"You? you're ok.This one? REAL ****ing ugly!"
Thanks for reminding me about that line of dialogue from Roddy Piper! Thats priceless!!!
Ha HA HA!
Imagine actually saying something like that to somebody down town, in real life? So cruel... John Carpenters scripts sometimes have moments of great wit. THEY LIVE has some truly class moments, dialogue wise.
I recommend the Piper and Carpenter commentary for that movie too.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Anyone remember that HALLOWEEN: 25 YEARS OF TERROR documentary?
Where the hell did they find some of those fans?! Honestly...
Like that guy sitting out in the open, that whips off his well used Myers mask, then starts shaking his head violently. (He was full on!)
It was an eye opener for sure...
The Documentary was certainly definitive, surely theres little left to say about the movie HALLOWEEN now. I must say though, some of the characters featured on that make me cringe every time I watch it. You've got to see it for yourselves, trust me..
That said, Its probably the best documentary on HALLOWEEN to date, that I've seen.
Old 17th September 2010, 12:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Thanks for reminding me about that line of dialogue from Roddy Piper! Thats priceless!!!
Ha HA HA!
Imagine actually saying something like that to somebody down town, in real life? So cruel... John Carpenters scripts sometimes have moments of great wit. THEY LIVE has some truly class moments, dialogue wise.
I recommend the Piper and Carpenter commentary for that movie too.
Another one liner I like from They Live is just before Roddy Piper blows away the alien talking into his communicator in the bank, "Mama don't like tattletales", BLAM! Of course the classic line that everyone remembers is just after he enters the bank full of alien scumbags, "I've come here to chew bubblegum and to kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum".Great movie, great dialogue, one of Carpenter's best imo.
Old 11th October 2010, 07:46 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

John Carpenter suffered a Seizure on saturday at a convention after signing autographs. He was taken away in an ambulance and is said to be doing fine as it was only a mild one and is said to not be in any critical condition.

Sad news indeed this but it sounds like he's ok. here's the story....

JOHN CARPENTER SEIZURE

Like this? Share it using the links below!