Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > House on the Edge of the Park
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree125Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2011, 10:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Firstly I appologise if this has been covered (I haven't read all the posts in the thread).

How much of this are we expecting to have been cut by BBFC? I wonder if we can improve on the previous massive 11 + minutes missing from the vipco DVD?

I have this uncut from EC Entertainment,However I will still be opurchasing the Shameless version as part of my collection & look forward to it.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:25 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
How much of this are we expecting to have been cut by BBFC? I wonder if we can improve on the previous massive 11 + minutes missing from the vipco DVD?
At the moment we're unsure. Shameless plan to submit this to an advisory board first as they did with Cannibal Holocaust so if all goes well it could be trimmed by surprisingly little (as was CH). However, with the BBFC, who knows?!
Old 7th July 2011, 10:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ok thanks Sarah,

I sure hope you are right *fingers crossed*

but as you say who Knows with the BBFC
Old 1st August 2011, 06:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

There’s no chance whatsoever of the BBFC passing this uncut. The films unrelenting scenes of exploitative sexual violence and its prurient focus on female nudity means the BBFC are going to be reaching for their scissors once again.

Uncut? Give it another 10 years.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
There’s no chance whatsoever of the BBFC passing this uncut. The films unrelenting scenes of exploitative sexual violence and its prurient focus on female nudity means the BBFC are going to be reaching for their scissors once again.

Ha ha, maybe even need another 0 on the end.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:58 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post

Well, the UK release of Irréversible is uncut, innit?

Greetings!
Old 1st August 2011, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

What I can't understand is why we have to wait another ten years to be treated like adults.
Old 1st August 2011, 03:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

To be fair, Angel is simply pointing out the reality of how things are at the BBFC at this moment in time. To be honest, things have progressed by an incredible amount over the last ten years and, for the most part, I'm happy with how the BBFC conduct their business. I still think that censoring films or banning them is a fruitless exercise, considering what can be accessed at the click of a mouse on the internet.

But, overall, I think they do a good job. I still get niggled by silly decisions though, like the idiotic cuts to Tombs of the Blind Dead. Okay, so it was sexual violence (well, it's not very sexy nor violent ), but it was still a stupid bit of censorship IMO.

I'm never going to get behind the idea that censoring fictional works is a good idea. Admittedly, a lot of what we watch is in very bad taste - but since when did bad taste ever harm anyone? I find most exploitation films rather amusing purely for their crassness and the fact that they made films as if censorship didn't exist. It's jaw-dropping political incorrectness, which makes me laugh. Or maybe I'm just not right in the head.
Old 1st August 2011, 09:10 PM
Active Cultist

they still cut new york ripper,they will still cut this,the cindy/razor blade part will go,the rape of Gloria will be cut.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Well, the UK release of Irréversible is uncut, innit?

Greetings!
Ah, yes, but Irreversible is an art film, see?
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!