Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Coming soon (pre-order not live yet):

Quote:
Slumber Party Massacre

LP DW023 RELEASED 17/03/14

ON SALE 10TH MARCH

Soundtrack by Ralph Jones get an exclusive immediate download of the full score when you purchase this album through the Death Waltz Webstore.

Death Waltz Recording Company would like to extend to you a very special invitation: a first-class ticket to THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE and its energetic electronic soundscape. Ridiculed on release but later celebrated by some as a feminist parody of slasher films, the picture is fueled by Ralph Jones’ synth score that remembers the first rule of comedy: never let the audience know you’re in on the joke. Away from the film, the music retains a sense of wit and playfulness amidst the tension that makes it a riot to listen to.

Jones’ score wears its influences on its sleeve, with nods to the giants of the world of musical horror – JAWS and HALLOWEEN – as well as a more gothic sensibility, with parts sounding like they should come from an electric organ in an ancient cathedral. He ramps up the tension using rhythmic pulses and atmospheric electric piano, with shrill background parts that sound like a field full of electronic crickets. And his talent for creating catchy melodies is certainly demonstrated here, with not only upbeat and bouncy tones but also haunting motifs that make you uncomfortable with the greatest of ease. Another synth spectacular that will guarantee you have a great time, whether you’re slumbering, partying, or massacring.

180gm neon pink and Green vinyl housed in a bespoke tip on jacket featuring all new sleeve notes from composer Ralph Jones and artist Luke Insect. Also includes a fold out poster and 10 x 12 booklet.

Tracklisting
Side 1

Main Title
Stalking The High School
Confrontation In The Gymnasium
Russ Dreams
Snail Hunt
Valarie Does Battle

Side 2

Univited Guest
Meditation Of The Mind Of Russ Thorn
End Titles
Old 5th March 2014, 01:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Anyone planning to go to record store day?

Record Store Day 2014 | Death Waltz Recording Company

I really hope I can find 1990: Bronx Warriors.
Old 30th March 2014, 02:44 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Anyone planning to go to record store day?

Record Store Day 2014 | Death Waltz Recording Company

I really hope I can find 1990: Bronx Warriors.
From memory last year they made their Record Day exclusives available on their online store too.
Jinx_Barkman likes this.
Old 31st March 2014, 04:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's looking more and more like I might have to sit record store day out this year, hopefully there's a few Bronx Warriors soundtracks left in the few weeks after.
Old 17th April 2014, 06:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Coming soon (pre-order not live yet)

City Of The Living Dead – Deluxe gatefold edition

City Of The Living Dead – standard edition

Quote:
USA / Canadian customers please order from Light In The Attic to take advantage of cheaper shipping rates

Death Waltz Recording Company have been hard at work exhuming a true classic of horror scoring, and the result stands out like a nail through an eyeball. Directed by gorehound favourite Lucio Fulci, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD’s incredible score comes from a true master of ferocious film music, Fabio Frizzi (THE BEYOND, ZOMBI 2), and provides a sonic experience not easily put down. All the ingredients you’d imagine are here: eerie synth lines, horrific violins, and the funkiest bass known to man or zombie – and Frizzi uses them to maximum effect to overwhelm the listener like the hordes of undead they score.

What Frizzi does so easily is make the instruments into weapons to assault your senses, and as such CITY is an intense aural journey, but certainly not one that’ll have you reaching for the off switch. The score is mesmerising with some moments of true beauty, not least in the instrumentation. Electric guitar in particular is used wonderfully to provide colour, and both real and electric pianos add a certain foreboding mood to the score. And then there’s that portentous male choir, always there in the background, waiting. Like the zombies themselves, it’s omnipresent and a symbol of inevitability. And it’s inevitable that you will adore CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD.

DELUXE GATEFOLD EDITION LTD TO 350 WORLDWIDE

180g solid yellow swirl vinyl with clear, orange and red splatters. vinyl,housed in a heavyweight tip-on, case-bound gatefold sleeve printed on beautiful textured Galtex Prima card containing an exclusive full colour booklet with liner notes by composer Fabio Frizzi , star Lombardo Giovanni Radice, Italian horror expert Stephen Thrower and artist Graham Humphreys with an OBI strip.

One off pressing of 350 units when this has sold out the only version available will be black vinyl in a single 400 gsm heavyweight sleeve (no gatefold).

Tracklisting
Side 1

Introduzione
Fatti Misteriosi
Toward Dawn
Apoteosi Del Mistereo
Occhi Di Brace
Verso L’alba
IrrealtÃ* Di Suoni
Toward Dawn
Paura Vivente
Paura E Liberazione

Side 2

Toward Dawn
Suoni Dissonanti
Apoteosi Del Mistero
Embers Eyes
Tenebre Viventi
Dissonant Sounds
Toward Dawn
City Of The Living Dead live suite
Old 28th April 2014, 03:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Limited quantities of Death Waltz's Record Day 2014 exclusive releases are now up on their webstore. They also have a money-saving bundle where you can purchase all 4 releases for £70.00 (ex. shipping).
Old 6th May 2014, 05:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

On receipt of my Record Day bundle from Death Waltz today, I noticed that they have a blurb leaflet mentioning some upcoming releases for 2014:

The Beyond
Big Bad Wolves
House of the Devil
Twin Peaks
Old 6th May 2014, 06:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
On receipt of my Record Day bundle from Death Waltz today, I noticed that they have a blurb leaflet mentioning some upcoming releases for 2014:

The Beyond
Big Bad Wolves
House of the Devil
Twin Peaks
Excellent! Didn't know they were going to release THE BEYOND (although it makes sense as they do seem to love Fulci!). I'll be getting that one for sure.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 6th May 2014, 06:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Excellent! Didn't know they were going to release THE BEYOND (although it makes sense as they do seem to love Fulci!). I'll be getting that one for sure.
It came as a bit of a surprise to me too (although like you say they do seem to love their Fulci). I wonder if/how it will differ to the Mondo release...

Twin Peaks is a must for me from that batch though.
Old 6th May 2014, 06:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It came as a bit of a surprise to me too (although like you say they do seem to love their Fulci). I wonder if/how it will differ to the Mondo release...

Twin Peaks is a must for me from that batch though.
Ashamedly I missed Twin Peaks first time round and never ever got around to watching it so doubt I'll be going for that soundtrack. HOUSE OF THE DEVIL on the other hand does tempt me, I'm a big fan of this and Ty West's other recent one THE INNKEEPERS. The soundtrack should be a blast, 80s tunes mixed with some suspenseful strings from memory. BIG BAD WOLVES I've not heard of.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!