Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2011, 09:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I had the pleasure of seeing Peter Hooks band Monaco followed by headliners New Order at the Reading Festival in either 98 or 99, can't remember which. Both were really entertaining, especially New Order who had the whole field singing along, highlight of the festival for me, by far...
Amazing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I think another watch of 24 Hour Party People is in order
Control was great too, and music biopics are not so easy to do...
Old 25th October 2011, 09:42 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

My favourite garage punk band.
Old 26th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Listening to Miles Davis' dark masterpiece Bitches Brew.... Great playing by Miles and the ensemble, and a fantastic groundbreaking production by Teo Macero...

Love that moment in Collateral where one of the hits remembers seeing him play...

I mean, everybody and their momma knew you don't just come up and talk to Miles Davis. I mean, he may have looked like he was chilling, but he was absorbed. This one hip couple, one of them tried to shake his hand one day. And the guy says, "Hi, my name is..." Miles said, "Get the fu*k outta my face, you jive motherfu*ker, and take your silly bitch with you."

Old 27th October 2011, 11:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

(I feel like I'm swamping the music thread lately but I tend to listen to stuff all day at work so that might explain it)

Making my way thru a mammoth box set collection of film music composed by Toru Takemitsu. There's a wide array of styles across the 6 discs - orchestral, jazz, tape and electronic music. Scores include Pitfall, Woman of the Dunes, Empire of Passion, Ran and the extraordinary suite of musique concrete composed for Kwaidan - probalby the scariest music ever composed for a Horror film. The collection is long since out of print in Japan but it is out there, and well worth seeking out...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torubox3.jpg (52.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg torubox2.jpg (43.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 27th October 2011, 12:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Lovely box set Wes

I had the best of CD of his film scores, but that's something else completely. Hunting cap placed on head
Wes likes this.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 27th October 2011, 11:42 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Good for What Ails You:Music of the Medicine Shows 1926-1937" A mind melting collection of novelty songs, jug bands, stove pipe players and minstrels, both black and white in blackface. Worth tracking down for the booklet that comes with the cd, alone. Some of the minstrel photos are quite shocking yet oddly, have a certain nostalgia for me as they summon memories of TV in the 1970s.

"Beard of Stars". Tyrannosaurus Rex. Pixie boy Marc straps on an electric guitar and starts to cut down his dippy hippy, fairy forest, folk music.

Minutemen:"Double Nickels on the Dime".
Old 28th October 2011, 03:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Peal Jam - Alive

Greetings!
Old 28th October 2011, 03:50 PM
Cult Addict

Crytopsy - Cold hate, Warm blood.

Old 28th October 2011, 05:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've recently been listening to the 2011 remaster of Pink Floyd's Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. I'm not really a fan of the latter PF but the Syd Barrett stuff is awesome.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 28th October 2011, 06:42 PM
Cult Addict

For Mojo!

Pink Floyd - Bike.

Like this? Share it using the links below!