Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2023, 03:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Having now listened to it, I'm not a fan. I have a very particular period of The Beatles that I like and this is not it. However, the production is impressive considering the providence of the elements.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd November 2023, 05:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Danny Elfman has scored a top twenty hit single with This is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas hitting # 14 in the UK singles chart.

Old 3rd November 2023, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This being the latest episode.
Yes, it's the bloody Fall
The two brothers who were in there for the long haul are onto their 4th series.
No wonder, as ex Fall members do number nearly in the hundreds
One of my better finds.
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd November 2023, 10:57 PM
Cult Master

Just spent the last half an hour listening to Brian Downey's Alive and Dangerous live at the Rock Hard festival from a few months back. For those who don't know Brian Downey was one of the founding members and Drummer if Thin Lizzy holy shit he has put an amazing band together paying an amazing tribute to Phil and the music of Thin Lizzy. The singer is so good playing bass and singing he isn't trying to be Phil he has his own style and voice and boy what an amazing voice this guy has. The twin assault guitars are spot on nailing every solo God damn it I have goosebumps watching Brian smile plastered across his face and his playing still sounds like it's the 70s. Absolutely great crowd too loving every minute of it and cheering at the end of every song and the crowd is getting bigger as the set goes on. Sorry I can't post the link but if you get the chance have a look on YouTube you won't regret it.
Old 4th November 2023, 12:51 AM
Cult Addict

I read that as Brian Dennehy. Really need to sort my glasses out...Put the empties in a pile n that.
download (21).jpeg
Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 4th November 2023, 07:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, I listened to Voyage finally last night.
Whilst not as reminiscent of Chess as I had feared, there is an element of them playing to their strengths (No Benny vocals cough cough), there are moments where this could have been the follow up to Super Trouper.
Luckily there is this one, a prime of example of Abba's strange undertone hidden within a lovely facade .... see what you think ...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th November 2023, 12:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Just spent the last half an hour listening to Brian Downey's Alive and Dangerous live at the Rock Hard festival from a few months back. For those who don't know Brian Downey was one of the founding members and Drummer if Thin Lizzy holy shit he has put an amazing band together paying an amazing tribute to Phil and the music of Thin Lizzy. The singer is so good playing bass and singing he isn't trying to be Phil he has his own style and voice and boy what an amazing voice this guy has. The twin assault guitars are spot on nailing every solo God damn it I have goosebumps watching Brian smile plastered across his face and his playing still sounds like it's the 70s. Absolutely great crowd too loving every minute of it and cheering at the end of every song and the crowd is getting bigger as the set goes on. Sorry I can't post the link but if you get the chance have a look on YouTube you won't regret it.

What are your thoughts on the current line up of Thin Lizzy which morphed into Black Star Riders for releasing albums so they weren't using the Lizzy name as a selling point?

The current line up which includes Scott Travis on drums and Mastodon's Troy Sanders on bass alongside Gorham, Wharton and Warwick is pretty formidable musically but i've yet to actually hear them.

Do you like Black Star Riders?

I've actually given two of their albums to people over the years as Christmas presents but don't own any myself.
Old 4th November 2023, 01:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Old 4th November 2023, 01:53 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
One of my favourite Maiden songs.
Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 4th November 2023, 04:50 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What are your thoughts on the current line up of Thin Lizzy which morphed into Black Star Riders for releasing albums so they weren't using the Lizzy name as a selling point?

The current line up which includes Scott Travis on drums and Mastodon's Troy Sanders on bass alongside Gorham, Wharton and Warwick is pretty formidable musically but i've yet to actually hear them.

Do you like Black Star Riders?

I've actually given two of their albums to people over the years as Christmas presents but don't own any myself.
I have never listened to them myself I'm actually on YouTube now having a listen right now .

Like this? Share it using the links below!