All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2013, 03:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Nothing wrong with Kylie.
She's awesome in Holy Motors The Neil Hannon song she sings in it had me tearing up a little . . .
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th February 2013, 05:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A bit of a change of pace from my usual screaming tortured souls

Just something about this song makes me smile.
Old 4th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm on my phone, so excuse any typos!

Black Metal is all about blastbeats, shitty production, tremolo picking in guitars, high pitched screeched vocals low in the mix. see Darkthrone, Mayhem, Xasthur, Burzum etc.

Thrash has more melody, proper bass lines, high tempo low end riifs, double kicks and killer solos. see Pre Justice Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Machine Head etc.

And I was born in 83, but I'm not sure what that has to do with it!
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 4th February 2013, 06:34 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I'm on my phone, so excuse any typos!

Black Metal is all about blastbeats, shitty production, tremolo picking in guitars, high pitched screeched vocals low in the mix. see Darkthrone, Mayhem, Xasthur, Burzum etc.

Thrash has more melody, proper bass lines, high tempo low end riifs, double kicks and killer solos. see Pre Justice Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Machine Head etc.
Um...excuse me, but I don't see what the problem is!

Quote:
And I was born in 83, but I'm not sure what that has to do with it!
Oh - NOW I see what the problem is!

Mr. Fury. You were not there at the time. To properly understand the impact that speed/thrash/black/doom metal etc had at the time, you really had to be there

You have to understand the importance of music. You have to know the timelines: Chuck Berry - Elvis Presley - The Who - The Rolling Stones - The Beatles - Marc Bolan - Slade - etc

Being serious, for me, 'Psycho' is a good film, but NOT a great film, because I didn't see it when it was first released. The same goes for 'NOTLD' and 'TCM'. I came to them a long time after the event, when they had been surpassed by more extreme films - 'F13', 'NOEL' (that's nightmare on elm street, and not that w***er that does deal or no deal), 'TED' (that's 'The Evil Dead', and not some film with a bear and Peter Griffin) - oh, you get the idea

With all due respect, Mr Fury, someone born in 1983 will never know the real importance and meaning of these kind of bands because you never knew the world before they existed

*Note - yes, I'm drunk. Bad day!!!! If the above post doesn't make sense, then just quote bibble-bibble-bibble, and I will try to remember what I meant say tomorrow, and decipher it!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th February 2013, 07:11 PM
Cult Master

BLACK METAL

TRASH METAL

CLASSIC METAL

POWER METAL

DEATH METAL

All very different there can be no argument
Old 4th February 2013, 07:17 PM
Cult Veteran

Good choices I love them all

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th February 2013, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran

This came out the other day and I have listened to it an unhealthy amount of times.

I've been a huge Trent Reznor fan since 1990 and I can't fault anything he does, one of the greatest producers of modern music.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Being serious, for me, 'Psycho' is a good film, but NOT a great film, because I didn't see it when it was first released. The same goes for 'NOTLD' and 'TCM'. I came to them a long time after the event, when they had been surpassed by more extreme films - 'F13', 'NOEL' (that's nightmare on elm street, and not that w***er that does deal or no deal), 'TED' (that's 'The Evil Dead', and not some film with a bear and Peter Griffin) - oh, you get the idea

With all due respect, Mr Fury, someone born in 1983 will never know the real importance and meaning of these kind of bands because you never knew the world before they existed

*Note - yes, I'm drunk. Bad day!!!! If the above post doesn't make sense, then just quote bibble-bibble-bibble, and I will try to remember what I meant say tomorrow, and decipher it!
This is a right load of old tosh.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 4th February 2013, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm not really sure what your point is, haha.

I just said that Venom are alright and not really a black metal band! I'm not really sure what that has to do with me "being there". To lump all metal bands together is as silly as saying that Public Enemy and N-Dubz make the same music, or that Kenny G and Miles Davis are comparable.

(in my opinion) Transilvanian Hunger is the best Black Metal album of all time. Black Metal (by Venom) is some alright British thrash.

But don't try and pull the "you weren't there" card, do you think the worlds leading experts on classical music are 600 years old? I've been buying music regularly since I was 11 years old, i own over 1400 cd's and records, I've seen hundreds of bands live and am surrounded by friends and relatives that are musicians, label owners and sound engineers. to imply that I don't know what I'm talking about because I was born only (!) 30 years ago is pretty rude.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th February 2013, 07:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

But don't try and pull the "you weren't there" card, do you think the worlds leading experts on classical music are 600 years old? .
Thats really old classical music BF.

I think its known as Renaissance up to around 1600 then Baroque, until what we know as Classical kicks in around 1750.

Obviously none of the music is great though as i wasn't there.

Baseball Fury likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!