Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27229Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th December 2008, 11:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The Real Thing is a masterpiece, one of the all time greats Must revisit it at some point as I haven't played it in quite a while.

I don't own Introduce Yourself, my sister does and I've heard a few of the songs off it but I wasn't too keen to be honest. Like you said, musically it's fine but Mosely's vocals put me off. Would have been much better with Patton at the helm.

Off to see Bury Your Dead on monday, can't wait as I've never seen them before. One of the heaviest hardcore bands going plus they're supported by Emmure and As Blood Runs Black, it's going to be brutal. Haven't been to a decent metal gig since this years Ghostfest, and that was back in August
Old 11th December 2008, 10:28 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Has anyone ever been to the 100 Club, Qxford ST London.?

If so is it a friendly venue.?

My last trip to a club like this was a rather intimidating affair due to my Belfast accent. (I think)
Old 22nd December 2008, 07:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Been getting pissed up at the German Christmas Festival in Leeds all weekend. You would have loved it vip's, they were playing some right knee slapping music almost found it hard to resist a bit myself, especially after 6 pints of Lowenbrau
Old 26th December 2008, 03:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Bet Clouds angry he missed that HaL. lol

Can anyone help me find a the name of a G Rap song I heard.? Its on U TUBE but i've lost where.

I dont know for sure if its originally like this or its been remixed by its about a guy rapping about his woman while the sound of shouting , crying and pleeding plays in the background.
It near had me in tears. Powerful lyrics.

I heard a similar song but its nowhere near as gut punching as this track.

BTW Cloud, HaL, you like GreenDay.?
Theres a cracking vid of them , aged about 17 in a punk club playing a song NBZ play occasionally , 9bz's havng slightly more bass but same tempo. My Generation, by The WHO.
Excellent stuff.
Old 26th December 2008, 05:00 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

its not Kim by Eminem is it Vips?
Old 28th December 2008, 01:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll try that Jim, thanks mate.
Old 28th December 2008, 02:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

That was'nt it Jim.

I think its a black rapper and he's rapping about 'his woman' really abusively and you can hear like domestic violence in the background , but the video is of a black male & female enjoying what looks like the start of their relationship intercut with the guy with Gang members.

Its a very hard hitting song.

I looked though the SAD SONG Channel on U TUBE but that channel would seriously mess you up., and im bad enough without listening to saddness all day long. LOL
Old 28th December 2008, 06:47 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

ive no idea then im afraid Vips.
google some of the lyrics in quote marks and you should be able to find the song title.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Feels like forever since i've been on here, I've missed it My lifes been a total shit storm these last few weeks though so havent really been able to get a chance, great to be back.

Lately i've been listening to Unearth's 'The Oncoming Storm' and 'In The Eyes of Fire' albums, absolutely superb. Crushing metalcore interlaced with beautiful melodic choruses, very Killswitch/ Shai Hulud esque. definately recommended.

Not a big fan of Green Day vip's but I'll check that video out, I used to be into them when I was younger and it'd be interesting to see them playing that young, cheers mate.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Welcome back Halloween! I was beginning to wonder where you had been hiding. I see you're still listening to that awful metalcore! .

Recent listening for me? Been playing Mortiis' "The Grudge" album, certainly not vipco-friendly that one!

Regarding Green Day, I think I bought a couple of their albums while I was in high school, that aside I've never bothered with them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!