Old 5th July 2017, 04:41 AM
Cult Master

Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th July 2017, 08:24 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I've totally lost interest in Skid Row since they hired ZP Theart. Johnny Solinger was a Bach-a-like.

This is good. Country star Carrie Underwood totally nails this Skid Row classic. At the three minute mark she's near the microphone on the recording device and the sound is a great improvement.

Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 5th July 2017, 08:27 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

This is good. Country star Carrie Underwood totally nails this Skid Row classic. At the three minute mark she's near the microphone on the recording device and the sound is a great improvement.

Seb loves this cover version, he goes on at great length about it in his book which I read a couple of months ago!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th July 2017, 08:37 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Seb loves this cover version, he goes on at great length about it in his book which I read a couple of months ago!
Wow. I'll have to get that book. I didn't actually know there was one. I don't seem to be up with the music biogs.

Underwood does seem a natural for it though. I suppose that's the difference between country singers and our here today gone tomorrow manufactured pop stars. Those country singers that start small, singing in southern bars and clubs need to be able to cut it and quickly. Hell i've even heard Taylor Swift rock out with Def Leppard live. Actually she's very good as well. I think it was for the Country Music TV channel. (Seems like she's done at least two shows with Leppard)

Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 5th July 2017, 09:12 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Wow. I'll have to get that book. I didn't actually know there was one. I don't seem to be up with the music biogs.

Underwood does seem a natural for it though. I suppose that's the difference between country singers and our here today gone tomorrow manufactured pop stars. Those country singers that start small, singing in southern bars and clubs need to be able to cut it and quickly. Hell i've even heard Taylor Swift rock out with Def Leppard live. Actually she's very good as well. I think it was for the Country Music TV channel. (Seems like she's done at least two shows with Leppard)

You can get it for around £6.50 delivered from the 3rd party sellers
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Skid-R...9245836&sr=1-1

It's a good read, he's led a very interesting life it has to be said!

I'm a fan of Swift as well, she's gotten a bit more pure pop these days but she does have a great voice as well. It's very telling of these rock singers' talents when the most legitimate cover versions are done by female singers!

Old 5th July 2017, 10:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Last Skid Row album I bought was Slave to the Grind 25 years ago, can't say I've heard that much of their later stuff, especially since Bach left. Their first two albums are great
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th July 2017, 12:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Might be old news to fellow Metalheads, but I've recently discovered a series of videos on Loudwire's YT channel called Wikipedia:Fact or Fiction where they interview metal legends and get them to agree or disagree with what is written on their Wikipedia pages.
So far I've watched the following:
Kerry King (Slayer)
Tom Araya (Slayer)
Gary Holt (Exodus/Slayer)
Dave Lombardo (ex-Slayer)
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
Rob Zombie
Phil Anselmo (ex-Pantera)
Max Cavelera (ex-Sepultura/Soulfly)

Really great interviews, but be warned, the Phil Anselmo ones are hard work, basically Storytime With Phil
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th July 2017, 09:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not sure how true this is, but if it is, look at the support acts!

IMG_0624.JPG

Apologies for the small pic, if you zoom in they're allegedly playing Cardiff and London next July
Old 18th July 2017, 10:37 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not sure how true this is, but if it is, look at the support acts!

Attachment 192661

Apologies for the small pic, if you zoom in they're allegedly playing Cardiff and London next July
Where are the northern dates bleugh!

Rik, if this is from the guy who gave us the heads up on the last tour then it's probably legit, does he work for the website developers or something>?

Old 18th July 2017, 10:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Where are the northern dates bleugh!

Rik, if this is from the guy who gave us the heads up on the last tour then it's probably legit, does he work for the website developers or something>?

I don't know who the guy is, it was posted on a Maiden FB group on Saturday and I've only just seen it.

I know what you mean though, it is annoying that there's no Northern dates, usual case for their Greatest Hits tours though

Like this? Share it using the links below!