Default Bauhaus - Dark Entries

Bauhaus - Dark Entries

Old 23rd August 2013, 12:04 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Ok cool,I didn't want to become annoying twat by posting the same sort stuff.
Not at all! The forum isn't a finite space, so post as much and as often as you want (and that goes for everybody)
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 23rd August 2013, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Front Line Assembly - Mindphaser

Tactical Neural Implant

I remember buying this album back in the day,but although I liked it I never really pursued Front Line Assembly afterwards,I think grunge came along or something,any way coming back to this now with more open mind,I probably appreciate this music more now than back then,being young and fickle then.

Old 23rd August 2013, 04:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Some Frontline returned....

This is a remix of something off Gashed Senses & Crossfire. I pretty much love anything with hellfirin' evangelists....

Old 23rd August 2013, 05:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot

Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot

Question,Is there such a thing as Industrial rock/metal or is it just another wankey label to stick on music when its neither fish nor foul?

culprits are
Ministry
Fear Factory
White Zombie
FIlter
Nailbomb

To name but a few,Im not saying I don't like there music but is it the real deal ?

Jinx_Barkman likes this.
Old 23rd August 2013, 06:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot

Question,Is there such a thing as Industrial rock/metal or is it just another wankey label to stick on music when its neither fish nor foul?
Definitely a lot of truth to that... I was always a big Godflesh guy, especially those early records. Streetcleaner is one of the finest albums of the 1980's and a world apart from the so called Industrial metal that followed. Early Godflesh albums had that genuine grey Britain quality to them which the later albums lacked, to me the last few sounded very American somehow...
Old 23rd August 2013, 08:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Depeche Mode - Wrong

Depeche Mode - Wrong

Old 23rd August 2013, 09:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I must grab a screening of 101 soon, seeing as I'm going to a DM show in November. I think 101 and Rattle & Hum make for a nice double-bill, although they're world's apart musically, both are great snapshots of a particular era of America (both shot within a year of each other), and Music for the Masses and Joshua Tree are two great epic, widescreen records...
Old 24th August 2013, 02:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Tactical Neural Implant is a great album. Despite being one of the first FLA albums I listened to and ultimately bought, it still remains one of my favourites.

As for your question regarding Industrial Rock and Metal, I'd agree that there is a lot of crossover and many of the bands you mentioned could easily be considered 'Industrial', or at least exhibiting elements of it throughout there work, despite being more metal or rock centric.

For instance, Rhys Fulber (more commonly known as one of the main driving forces behind FLA) has worked extensively with Fear Factory in relation to programming, sampling, and keyboard work on many of their studio albums. In fact, aside from the vocalist Burton C. Bell, I think Rhys is actually the next longest serving member of that particular band.
Old 24th August 2013, 04:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love DM. My favorite band. Sounds Of The Universe gets some unfair criticism I think. It's certainly not their best record but I still feel like it's a worthy addition to their discography. We can see how Gahan's voice is becoming a leading instrument as time goes on. That is very apparent on the recent Delta Machine.

My favorite DM song from their best album.

Like this? Share it using the links below!