Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1472Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2017, 12:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I thought it was nice of the Queen to visit the hospitals where the injured were. However it would have been much cooler if Grande had not fled off back to the States on the first plane possible and visited them herself. It would have shown her in a very caring light to her fans.
gag likes this.
Old 28th May 2017, 12:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought it was nice of the Queen to visit the hospitals where the injured were. However it would have been much cooler if Grande had not fled off back to the States on the first plane possible and visited them herself. It would have shown her in a very caring light to her fans.

I don't think she had a say in the matter, but I agree, it would have been a nice gesture
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th May 2017, 12:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't think she had a say in the matter, but I agree, it would have been a nice gesture
I didn't know the Queen had visited the hospitals until you mentioned it; it is something which would probably mean a lot to those she saw and is something she's been doing for decades.

Like you both, I think Ariana Grande visiting would have been much more meaningful, but she is probably in a really difficult situation with her management and record company, not to mention her own reaction to what happened, which may include some elements of PTSD, stress, depression and/or anxiety issues, all of which could be exacerbated by going to hospitals and personally seeing things she has only heard about or seen in newspapers, the Internet or on TV. Although she wasn't physically injured, she is also a victim of the attack.

Noel Gallagher said something along the lines of having no idea how he would feel or react if they were "his fans' who were killed and injured and became quite emotional just thinking about it.

Warning: very loud!
WATCH: Noel Gallagher Reflects On Manchester Attack | radiox.co.uk - Radio X
Old 28th May 2017, 01:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I didn't know the Queen had visited the hospitals until you mentioned it; it is something which would probably mean a lot to those she saw and is something she's been doing for decades.

Like you both, I think Ariana Grande visiting would have been much more meaningful, but she is probably in a really difficult situation with her management and record company, not to mention her own reaction to what happened, which may include some elements of PTSD, stress, depression and/or anxiety issues, all of which could be exacerbated by going to hospitals and personally seeing things she has only heard about or seen in newspapers, the Internet or on TV. Although she wasn't physically injured, she is also a victim of the attack.

Noel Gallagher said something along the lines of having no idea how he would feel or react if they were "his fans' who were killed and injured and became quite emotional just thinking about it.

Warning: very loud!
WATCH: Noel Gallagher Reflects On Manchester Attack | radiox.co.uk - Radio X
Don't you think in circumstances such as this these people have to be strong? Prove themselves worthy to their fans?

Maybe i'm too old school. This nanny world is not my world.
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th May 2017, 01:45 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Don't you think in circumstances such as this these people have to be strong? Prove themselves worthy to their fans?

I think she has been strong via social media which is how her fans interact with her. She is coming back to do a benefit gig and to be fair to her, how many old school bands have been singled out for a terrorist attack on their child fans.

I don't think you are old school Dem, just old and out of touch with how things are these days.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 28th May 2017, 01:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Princes Harry and William have described it very well when talking about the damaging impact of the need to 'be strong', particularly if you are male and the term 'man up' is used to prevent people from expressing emotions. If Grande is really traumatised, it's probably best for her to stay out of the public eye and have counselling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I think she has been strong via social media which is how her fans interact with her. She is coming back to do a benefit gig and to be fair to her, how many old school bands have been singled out for a terrorist attack on their child fans.

I don't think you are old school Dem, just old and out of touch with how things are these days.
These are all very good points and it is easy to be 'strong' from your own house, but something else altogether from a stage in front of thousands of people when there is the possibility of a flashback to a terrorist attack.

It's slightly similar, but also very different, to when I saw Regina Spektor the day after Donald Trump was elected and she was really struggling not to burst out crying onstage, forgetting lyrics and starting songs with her fingers on the wrong keys a couple of times.
Old 28th May 2017, 02:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

If you mean i just get on with the highs and lows of daily life rather than always having to check how many likes my latest selfie has got or how many re-tweets i've had, then i totally agree.
gag and Demoncrat like this.
Old 28th May 2017, 02:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
If you mean i just get on with the highs and lows of daily life rather than always having to check how many likes my latest selfie has got or how many re-tweets i've had, then i totally agree.
I was going to give the above post a "like" then thought better of it.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th May 2017, 02:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I was going to give the above post a "like" then thought better of it.
Damn! That's ruined my day.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th May 2017, 03:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I don't bother with things like Instagram,twitter and loads of other stuff like that, couldn't care less or give a monkeys , yes I have fb but most stuff I post isnt much or mainly film related .
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!