All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree502Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2010, 06:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
'Corn rigs and barley rigs and corn riggs are bonny'
Paul giovani. He died young didn't he? very memorable soundtrack was The wicker man though...
Old 19th October 2010, 07:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
You can't beat the original Halloween theme, but I found the Season of the Witch music far more thematic. The tracks are more atmospheric and more interesting than the overall Halloween 1 and 2 scores. Also, Carpenter and Howarth had honed their craft and got more out of their keyboard presets by this stage. The EFNY score is very basic in comparison but no less fun for it.

What do you think of Carpenter's collaboration with the late Shirley Walker on the Escape From LA score? Like the movie, I hated it on first hearing but grew to like it over time along with the movie.
I had a quick listen to the H3 soundtrack earlier on. I like the moody theme that runs through the movie, very sinister sounding. yeah, it's a good one. Full of atmosphere like you said it had.
EFLA: I checked out bits of this one too. I like the track called "Motorcycle Chase", thats a great sounding track on there. I like the Plastic surgeon themed track too.

So, what happened to Shirley Walker then? I'm not very familiar with Her to be honest. You say she died?
Old 28th October 2010, 01:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
I had a quick listen to the H3 soundtrack earlier on. I like the moody theme that runs through the movie, very sinister sounding. yeah, it's a good one. Full of atmosphere like you said it had.
EFLA: I checked out bits of this one too. I like the track called "Motorcycle Chase", thats a great sounding track on there. I like the Plastic surgeon themed track too.

So, what happened to Shirley Walker then? I'm not very familiar with Her to be honest. You say she died?
Sadly, yes. I didn't know much about her until I started watching the TV series Space: Above and Beyond which she scored. It wasn't bad music. Amoung score collectors, a favourite is her score for the animated film Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, apparantly.

I like the EFLA score but prefer the Carpenter EFNY music.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I like the EFLA score but prefer the Carpenter EFNY music.

Thanks for telling me about that. Yeah the EFNY soundtrack is a good one. Even though it sounds very dated now, I'm still really fond of it, and the film as a whole. Classic...
Old 28th October 2010, 08:41 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Paul giovani. He died young didn't he? very memorable soundtrack was The wicker man though...
He died from AIDS in 1990 at the age of 57 or 58 (Born in 1933). I don't call 57 or 58 Young.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:11 PM
Cult Rookie

@Mahoney32

The EMMANUELLE 2 OST has great melodies + sultry female wordless vocals. IMO one of the best 'eurotica' soundtracks from back in the day. It's a stark contrast to something like EFNY but equally essential to my ears.
cheers!
Old 28th October 2010, 10:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
He died from AIDS in 1990 at the age of 57 or 58 (Born in 1933). I don't call 57 or 58 Young.
If you drop dead at the age of fifty seven, then yes, that is way too young to die...
Old 29th October 2010, 07:14 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
If you drop dead at the age of fifty seven, then yes, that is way too young to die...
I would call 32 and under Young not 57 or 58.
Old 29th October 2010, 07:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
I would call 32 and under Young not 57 or 58.
Everyone says that when they're younger, but when you get older and someone says you're ancient, you never think you are. Of course when I see the advert on the tv with the guy and girl singing to each other and saying they like old movies, like The Godfather Part III, I always say "That's not an old movie!", even though it is indeed 20 years old.
Old 22nd November 2010, 06:28 PM
Ex-member

I like the Cannibal Holocaust Soundtrack.

Like this? Share it using the links below!