Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st June 2010, 12:06 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
The shameles copy of this film is cut by 34 secs right? I have looked at the cut bits on shameless' site and I was wondering; In the link below there is a picture of a womans cut up face at the bottom left. This isn't in my copy or the cut bits. Is this shown in any cuts of the film? If so then shameless has cut more than 34 secs?

http://www.anotherworldent.com/index...xjaAQp4POjua0h

Just curious
It's actually only 19 secs of cuts - the 34 is wrong (but listed on the DVD etc!)
Old 1st June 2010, 07:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ok thanks for that
Old 5th July 2010, 06:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm not really a big fan of NY Ripper, but the theme music makes me think of it as a twisted take on a 70's/80's American Cop show...

Old 1st October 2010, 09:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Never got on with NYR personally (the duck thing was just too odd for me)
Old 2nd October 2010, 07:54 PM
Active Cultist

the duck thing is what makes it brilliant for me.
stupid! *quaaack quack quack quack*
Old 3rd October 2010, 07:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just watched this for the first time although I've had it for a while!
Really good film, up there with some of Fulci's best.
Really felt that after having seen the nipple slicing scene online, it was a silly cut and I wouldnt have liked to see it in the film, but the way it was edited fitted good. I found it quite silly that the BBFC felt that the nipple slicing was to bad but they left the eye slicing!
Anyway, thanks Shameless for introducing this to me!
Old 3rd October 2010, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yup, that was really silly ... and annoying, since I now need 4 different versions of the film:

1) German uncut (banned)
2) German cut (FSK 18; just for fun)
3) Shameless (for the complete collection)
4) US Blu-ray
Old 7th October 2010, 11:10 PM
Cultist

Picked up this release myself, and although it's cut I'm still happy with it because the editing was done skillfully and not terrible. BBFC cut it back in 2002 and in 2007... so I wonder when NYR will finally get the old "passage of time" statement? I personally think it was quite silly cutting it, what harm could that few extra seconds have possibly have caused anyone? I can see people turning away in disgust, or being very offended by it but certainly not harmed in the ways the BBFC think.

It is quite easy to get uncut though so die hard fans can easily get it. I'll stick with the Shameless release for now though. It's pretty neat, and lovely packaging!
Old 7th October 2010, 11:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Your not missing much. I got 2 copies of the Shameless and an uncut US release and the nipple slicing scene that was cut is pretty fake looking . The way Shameless edited the scene makes the scene more disturbing than the uncut version .

I think the BBFC took the veiw that there are some sicko's out there who would 'get off' on it and removed it .
With the Dangerous Pictures act it might be a while yet before the full uncut NY Ripper gets a uncut UK release.
Old 8th October 2010, 04:47 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Shameless are pondering if NYR would fare differently now but it's hard to see how.

Like this? Share it using the links below!