Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th August 2016, 06:21 AM
Cult Addict

Also interested in.....

woman in the dunes.jpg

As well as Punch drunk love and Blood simple.
Old 16th August 2016, 06:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Ooft!

Attachment 181496

New 2K digital restorations of all six films, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks on the Blu-rays
High-definition presentation of Shogun Assassin, the 1980 English-dubbed reedit of the first two Lone Wolf and Cub films
New interview with Kazuo Koike, writer of the Lone Wolf and Cub manga series and screenwriter on five of the films
Lame d’un père, l’âme d’un sabre, a 2005 documentary about the making of the series
New interview in which Sensei Yoshimitsu Katsuse discusses and demonstrates the real Suio-ryu sword techniques that inspired those in the manga and films
New interview with biographer Kazuma Nozawa about filmmaker Kenji Misumi, director of four of the six Lone Wolf and Cub films
Silent documentary from 1937 about the making of samurai swords, with an optional new ambient score by Ryan Francis
Trailers
New English subtitle translations
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay and film synopses by Japanese pop culture writer Patrick Macias
My Criterion
A $40 list price is a lot less than I was expecting! Hopefully I'll have my multiregion player around this time.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th August 2016, 07:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Ooft!

Attachment 181496

New 2K digital restorations of all six films, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks on the Blu-rays
High-definition presentation of Shogun Assassin, the 1980 English-dubbed reedit of the first two Lone Wolf and Cub films
New interview with Kazuo Koike, writer of the Lone Wolf and Cub manga series and screenwriter on five of the films
Lame d’un père, l’âme d’un sabre, a 2005 documentary about the making of the series
New interview in which Sensei Yoshimitsu Katsuse discusses and demonstrates the real Suio-ryu sword techniques that inspired those in the manga and films
New interview with biographer Kazuma Nozawa about filmmaker Kenji Misumi, director of four of the six Lone Wolf and Cub films
Silent documentary from 1937 about the making of samurai swords, with an optional new ambient score by Ryan Francis
Trailers
New English subtitle translations
PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay and film synopses by Japanese pop culture writer Patrick Macias
My Criterion
Good, but why can't someone actually concentrate on releasing the actual tv series it was based on, in full instead of having to buy loads of separate one's. with only a handfull of episodes on each dvd. I'd buy the series in a instance.
Old 16th August 2016, 08:22 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Amazon are listing the Lone Wolf set as 3 discs, so I'm hoping for a normal Criterion style case (I know I'm going to to be let down though)

PLUS! Amazon have it for pre-ordr for $40. With shipping, it comes out at around £40.
keirarts and Deadite like this.
Old 16th August 2016, 08:26 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
A $40 list price is a lot less than I was expecting! Hopefully I'll have my multiregion player around this time.
I think Amazon will eventually put the price up, as it's obviously a mistake as they've listed it at the same price as a normal release. It's $80 in the Criterion store.
Old 16th August 2016, 09:23 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Amazon are listing the Lone Wolf set as 3 discs, so I'm hoping for a normal Criterion style case (I know I'm going to to be let down though)

PLUS! Amazon have it for pre-ordr for $40. With shipping, it comes out at around £40.
That's very reasonable. I'll probably preorder it sooner rather than later.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:48 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I think Amazon will eventually put the price up, as it's obviously a mistake as they've listed it at the same price as a normal release. It's $80 in the Criterion store.
Yeah, I think they've mixed up the DVD and BD prices. The DVD set is currently up for pre-order at $99.95.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th August 2016, 02:46 PM
Cult Veteran

I've pre-ordered Lone Cub on Amazon but I fully expect them to update the prices and not honour the pre-orders. No harm in trying though.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th August 2016, 02:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I bought it too. So can Amazon.com say it was a mistake and not honour the deal or do they now have to stick to it??
Old 16th August 2016, 02:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've pre-ordered Lone Cub on Amazon but I fully expect them to update the prices and not honour the pre-orders. No harm in trying though.
Ditto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I bought it too. So can Amazon.com say it was a mistake and not honour the deal or do they now have to stick to it??
If it is a huge misprice, which this appears to be, they generally cancel all existing orders. However, sometimes the consumer gets lucky, but that is usually when stock is available and is being processed and dispatched before they realise the mistake.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!