Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   The 88 Films Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/11297-88-films-thread.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 05:50 AM

Thankfully the front cover is class!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 493719)
Thankfully the front cover is class!

I'm finding that's pretty much the case with the entire Italian range. The front covers have all been good but a lot of the rear art is pretty dire. I don't think I've reversed a single one as opposed to the Slasher range where I've reversed them all so far.

Sam 11th June 2016 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 493705)
The Indiegogo is at £72,210! Feck me!

Wow, that's incredible and £45 for 5 films now looks like a real bargain!! The cynic in me wonders whether the £5k pledge will disappear/be refunded once the figure reaches £75k due to some folk pledging now they know it's for a guaranteed 5 films....

Andra Jai 11th June 2016 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 493724)
Wow, that's incredible and £45 for 5 films now looks like a real bargain!! The cynic in me wonders whether the £5k pledge will disappear/be refunded once the figure reaches £75k due to some folk pledging now they know it's for a guaranteed 5 films....

What is the 5th film in the set?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 493705)
The Indiegogo is at £72,210! Feck me!

That's a lot of money!

Sam 11th June 2016 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 493725)

It's Anthropophagous in 2k with new extras. Some on social media seem bemused at this but it's a great little bonus in my opinion and I only have the 88 films DVD so happy days! :pop2:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 493725)

From the Indiegogo page:

Thirdly, a final and very ambitious stretch goal. If we can get the total over £70,000 before this ends in 5 days time, everyone who has pledged a level 1,2,3 or 4 will receive a remastered in 2K Anthropophagous Blu-ray or DVD with all new bonus features.....

Calum Waddell said on Twitter that 42nd Street Memories would not be on the new release.

Sam 11th June 2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 493728)
From the Indiegogo page:

Thirdly, a final and very ambitious stretch goal. If we can get the total over £70,000 before this ends in 5 days time, everyone who has pledged a level 1,2,3 or 4 will receive a remastered in 2K Anthropophagous Blu-ray or DVD with all new bonus features.....

Calum Waddell said on Twitter that 42nd Street Memories would not be on the new release.

I'll be keeping my DVD in that case, good doc that!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 11:19 AM

Richard and James right now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ey%20Fight.gif

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 11:37 AM

Someone has to box up 1278+ packages, so they could also be like this.....

http://i.imgur.com/w9Fnbqq.gif

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 493741)
Someone has to box up 1278+ packages, so they could also be like this.....

http://i.imgur.com/w9Fnbqq.gif

Changed the URL to image tags – hope you don't mind.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 493744)
Changed the URL to image tags – hope you don't mind.

Don't mind at all. Plays the same both ways on my phone. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 493745)

It didn't show on my computer, but does now. The postie has just been with these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...02_17_Pro1.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th June 2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 493723)
I'm finding that's pretty much the case with the entire Italian range. The front covers have all been good but a lot of the rear art is pretty dire. I don't think I've reversed a single one as opposed to the Slasher range where I've reversed them all so far.

With the exception of Burial Ground and SS Experiment Camp mate,I'd agree.

Susan Foreman 11th June 2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 493728)

But that's better than the actually movie!

MuckyFunster 12th June 2016 04:44 PM

The indiegogo is currently £77,990 with 14 hours to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th June 2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 493853)
The indiegogo is currently £77,990 with 14 hours to go!

As I speculated yesterday, this must be Richard and James right now!

Susan Foreman 12th June 2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 493863)

Whilst singing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi4Gv5ZsVE8

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th June 2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 493863)

I did mention to someone that they'll still have to give Mr taxman a decent chunk of the money raised, only to be told they should've factored that into how much money they were asking for 🙄

At any rate, with still 12 hours to go, they need £1500 to push it over the 80K mark. I think they'll do it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th June 2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 493871)

Either that or this classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th June 2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 493872)
I did mention to someone that they'll still have to give Mr taxman a decent chunk of the money raised, only to be told they should've factored that into how much money they were asking for 🙄

At any rate, with still 12 hours to go, they need £1500 to push it over the 80K mark. I think they'll do it.

I know they will have to pay Indiegogo some fees, but I don't know about the tax percentage. Whatever happens, they'll need some help with all the packaging for the five titles in the campaign, the four Asian ones, the slasher classics, the Anthropophagous, Burial Ground, and Zombie Holocaust slipcase releases and Puppet Master BDs.

J Harker 13th June 2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 493745)

Crapatalk?

MuckyFunster 13th June 2016 11:01 AM

There you go. Indiegogo campaign has finished...

£81,095!!

Mega.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th June 2016 11:07 AM

Wow, that's over double the intended amount.

Expect ultra extra loaded editions.

It's not like they can claim the additional funds can go towards other films as they were clearly going to be released anyway, unless 88 were just going to shut up shop following these four releases. Meaning i'm not entirely sure how they'll make it all value for money and not seem like they are pocketing £40k from the campaign.

I have to congratulate them on a fine campaign.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th June 2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 493892)
Wow, that's over double the intended amount.

Expect ultra extra loaded editions.

It's not like they can claim the additional funds can go towards other films as they were clearly going to be released anyway, unless 88 were just going to shut up shop following these four releases. Meaning i'm not entirely sure how they'll make it all value for money and not seem like they are pocketing £40k from the campaign.

I have to congratulate them on a fine campaign.

it has been an extraordinary success considering how many people doubted they would even raise £20,000.

If they don't put the money towards an extra disc or so of extra features on these releases, but do make some new supplementary material I hope they do use the funds for other upcoming titles such as the slasher classics, Short Night of the Glass Dolls, Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, and the Asia range (Hex, Five Element Ninjas, Black Magic, and House of Traps).

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th June 2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 493915)
it has been an extraordinary success considering how many people doubted they would even raise £20,000.

If they don't put the money towards an extra disc or so of extra features on these releases, but do make some new supplementary material I hope they do use the funds for other upcoming titles such as the slasher classics, Short Night of the Glass Dolls, Seven Deaths in the Cat's Eye, and the Asia range (Hex, Five Element Ninjas, Black Magic, and House of Traps).

Have these been announced already?

The reason i ask is because if they have then they clearly have the funds already for these releases otherwise they wouldn't be announced.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th June 2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 493916)
Have these been announced already?

The reason i ask is because if they have then they clearly have the funds already for these releases otherwise they wouldn't be announced.

They were all there on the Indiegogo campaign as separate perks with exclusive slipcases.

Justin101 13th June 2016 02:38 PM

The whole point of this was that they had access to existing masters but they were crap quality, they were all already announced and available for pre-order on Amazon. So it stands to reason that they can apply any left over funds to another film, but...

Obviously due to the popularity of the campaign there is a lot of manufacturing costs, probably more than they anticipated so that's going to take a chunk of it and they're remastering 5 films already, and Anthro apparently is coming with 'all new extras'. There will also be the fees and taxes to consider, £80 grand is a lot of money and it may have pushed them into a higher tax bracket.

I don't think there would be enough money to do another film but rather concentrate on making 5 films looks the very best that they can look and hopefully have at least a few talking heads interviews on each disc, I can't imagine any feature length documentaries.

Justin101 13th June 2016 02:50 PM

And as if my magic, on Facebook :lol:

88 Films
Just now

This is just a quick note to say how amazing the Crowdfund has been and to thank everyone who contributed. We will endeavour to deliver you all 5 very good looking releases, all with newly created bonus features which we will be hopping over to Italy to shoot shortly.

In fact as soon as we hit the first goal we initiated the scan of Absurd so we hope to be able to load up a few clips at some point in the next few weeks.
For those of you who have purchased top-up perks that include existing stock, we will ship these out to you as soon as we have the money and information from Indiegogo (should be about 14 days.) The majority of the other perks will ship when the first 2 remasters are ready. We will then ship the remaining 3 to you in a package when they are all ready.

If you have any questions relating to the CF please can you keep them in the comments on this particular post as we can easily miss them scrolling up and down through previous posts and neither of us are really Facebook users personally so we're not on it all day.

So anyway, thanks again and hopefully we can do this again sometime!

Rich and James

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th June 2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 493922)
And as if my magic, on Facebook :lol:

88 Films
Just now

This is just a quick note to say how amazing the Crowdfund has been and to thank everyone who contributed. We will endeavour to deliver you all 5 very good looking releases, all with newly created bonus features which we will be hopping over to Italy to shoot shortly.

In fact as soon as we hit the first goal we initiated the scan of Absurd so we hope to be able to load up a few clips at some point in the next few weeks.
For those of you who have purchased top-up perks that include existing stock, we will ship these out to you as soon as we have the money and information from Indiegogo (should be about 14 days.) The majority of the other perks will ship when the first 2 remasters are ready. We will then ship the remaining 3 to you in a package when they are all ready.

If you have any questions relating to the CF please can you keep them in the comments on this particular post as we can easily miss them scrolling up and down through previous posts and neither of us are really Facebook users personally so we're not on it all day.

So anyway, thanks again and hopefully we can do this again sometime!

Rich and James

That's awesome news.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 13th June 2016 07:01 PM

Good stuff! Really looking forward to Absurd and MIDV.

A nice holiday for the 88 boys to Italy to shoot some interesting extras!

The rest of you all get a nice holiday on me to Irvine to shoot Stephen.:tongue1::lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 05:09 PM

No retaliation Stephen?

You must be getting old!;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 06:47 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...Uncut.jpg?dl=0

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 06:51 PM

Basically to all those who are complaining about a second or two cuts you've made your bed (ie paid your money) now lie in it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494089)
Basically to all those who are complaining about a second or two cuts you've made your bed (ie paid your money) now lie in it.

Indeed, although it was advertised as being 'uncut' in the Indiegogo description and therefore potentially miss-sold. However, there was and is no way for 88 to know whether it will pass uncut and for all intents and purposes they will be submitting an uncut master to the BBFC. However, the cock-fight was brought up way in advance of the campaign ending so people had their chance to retract their pledge if they so wished based on that. Whilst I'd love for it to get through the BBFC's claws unscathed, I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over a few seconds of roosters attacking each other.

More of a personal point, but I really think UK distributors should stop bothering to try and release cannibal films as they are pretty much guaranteed to be cut and it can't help their sales. I doubt whether many of them recoup their initial investment anyway.

As for the above, 88's Facebook page is currently a pit of vitriol and entitlement. It just shows how spoiled some people are and makes me glad that I'm not compelled to be part of the social media soapbox crowd.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 494090)
Indeed, although it was advertised as being 'uncut' in the Indiegogo description and therefore potentially miss-sold. However, there was and is no way for 88 to know whether it will pass uncut and for all intents and purposes they will be submitting an uncut master to the BBFC. However, the cock-fight was brought up way in advance of the campaign ending so people had their chance to retract their pledge if they so wished based on that. Whilst I'd love for it to get through the BBFC's claws unscathed, I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over a few seconds of roosters attacking each other.

More of a personal point, but I really think UK distributors should stop bothering to try and release cannibal films as they are pretty much guaranteed to be cut and it can't help their sales. I doubt whether many of them recoup their initial investment anyway.

As for the above, 88's Facebook page is currently a pit of vitriol and entitlement. It just shows how spoiled some people are and makes me glad that I'm not compelled to be part of the social media soapbox crowd.

I haven't started yet either. Imagine how i'll feel when i look at Absurd's run time and find it's several seconds longer than before. I'll be expecting a little more bloodshed but it'll be all your frickin' names running up the end credits. :mmph:

Justin101 14th June 2016 07:31 PM

I get the feeling that it wasn't re-submitted but the Freemantle Media/Fabulous Frights version of The Serpent and the Rainbow Bluray features the cock fight which has been cut out on DVD releases. Whether it was a mistake or an oversight or because it's in a wide shot that it was let through.

I'm not bothered either way, The Man from Deep River isn't affected by the edits, Cannibal Holocaust isn't affected by the edits either. It's not like it's important to the 'well developed story' :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 494090)

They will on Massacre because it's all been paid for beforehand.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 07:59 PM

Seems like all posts from today have been removed unless you need to be a Facebook member to see them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494096)
They will on Massacre because it's all been paid for beforehand.

Possibly, although they still have to manufacture the discs, encode them, produce the artwork and now they're apparently doing some special features too. There are also the BBFC fees to take into account on top of the licensing and remastering costs. They're relying on sales from the high-street and e-shops too from non-pledging customers to turn a profit on these.