Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2014, 03:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Gave my AWE release of Burial Ground another watch last night.
It still amazes me how a zombie manages to pin the maid's hand with a nail by throwing it ninja style haha!

The Danish dvd release is pretty decent.
Stephen@Cult Labs and Vipp like this.
Old 16th September 2014, 07:03 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

88's Italian line has a lot of potential and hopefully we'll see Beyond the Darkness further down the line as well as Anthro and Absurd. Maybe we'll also see a UK release of Hell of the Living Dead. I'd also like to see some more Fulci on Blu: Door to Silence, Murderock, Zombi 3 etc. Even Aenigma!
Daemonia, Rik, Sobral and 4 others like this.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Zombi 3 most definitely that needs a decent blu, even Zombi 4 would be welcome. Do we know why the Italian labs and rights holders are so slow jump on the HD bandwagon? I mean they must realise their missing out on money.
Old 16th September 2014, 02:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Zombi 3 most definitely that needs a decent blu, even Zombi 4 would be welcome. Do we know why the Italian labs and rights holders are so slow jump on the HD bandwagon? I mean they must realise their missing out on money.
I believe Torsten Kaiser – the man responsilbe for the restoration of Re-Animator and Bride of Re-Animator as well as the German restoration of Suspiria – once explained on the German board cinefacts that Italian rightholders generally are very shy of giving acess to the OCN of their movies and instead prefer to lock them away like a precious artifact in a museum. One reason for that maybe that a pristine HD-Scan is considered 'a copy' of the OCN and that once such a copy exists, there will obviously be no more reason to gain acess to the original. It seems that after all it's a question of mentality.
shel likes this.

Last edited by zane; 16th September 2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 16th September 2014, 07:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

But the rights holders still get money for licensing their film and releasing the materials, having a pristine HD master ready to be bought is what distributors want. They caln license the title and get the product on sale, meanwhile the rights holders can sell the rights / HD master to other countries. What a silly atittude the Italian rights holders have.
shel likes this.
Old 16th September 2014, 07:49 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
But the rights holders still get money for licensing their film and releasing the materials, having a pristine HD master ready to be bought is what distributors want. They caln license the title and get the product on sale, meanwhile the rights holders can sell the rights / HD master to other countries. What a silly atittude the Italian rights holders have.
They essentially don't want money!
Old 16th September 2014, 11:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

And of course if they posses it they can put a silly value on it as an asset and use all sorts of dodgy 'business' tactics to make money just by sticking it in a cupboard and saying it's value will only increase
Old 17th September 2014, 12:54 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm hoping Burial Ground will boast a new transfer as the SS Blu disc is none-too-impressive.

'No...wait....I'm your friend!'

Rule number one: don't try and reason with a zombie by saying you're its friend. That will never end well. Just think of the man with the beard and how he ended up.
Demoncrat and Vipp like this.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

Zombie Holocaust and Burial Ground on Blu, lovely! I've got the Shriek Show DVDs of both, and will be interested to see how they look on Blu-ray. A definite purchase for me.
Vipp likes this.
Old 17th September 2014, 04:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I remember the first time i found ZH on VHS on a market stall, i vividly remember thinking it must be a second rate ZFE knock off and picking it up because of the lack of choice but i was in for a treat when i got home. I will be picking up these two films for sure and paying more attention to 88Films. Would it be out of the question to think they might release 'The Dead Next Door?' I would love to upgrade my VHS to Blu-Ray. It wasn't the best zombie film but i always thought it was a mix up of P.Jackson and Romero film style in one zombie flick.

The Dead Next Door Trailer - YouTube
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!