Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16616Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2016, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You'll just have to spend £35 every time you shop there so everyone's a winner.
Or go to HMV.
Old 8th December 2016, 04:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Heard back from them. They've not gotten around to changing the site yet. Being a 2 man operation, with packaging etc, it looks like it's actually costing them more to even send them 2nd class. I guess having a 3rd party company sending them out isn't helping with costs either.
Unfortunately,with the price HMV sells them at,putting up the price of shipping won't help the guys sales.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th December 2016, 04:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Unfortunately,with the price HMV sells them at,putting up the price of shipping won't help the guys sales.....
Not directly, but they will already have sold the items to HMV, Amazon, or whoever else is stocking their titles. They might reduce their profit margin a little, but they will still be selling stock.
Old 8th December 2016, 06:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Cynic arrived today, packed in a rather large box my first thought was ohh it's Cynic, Seven Deaths and Dolls. No it was just Cynic.

As I look after the post at work James & James the fulfilment company could easily have put it in the normal large letter card sleeve saving the boys some money. The price jump from large letter to small parcel is a big one especially when margins are so small.
Old 8th December 2016, 06:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
The Cynic arrived today, packed in a rather large box my first thought was ohh it's Cynic, Seven Deaths and Dolls. No it was just Cynic.

As I look after the post at work James & James the fulfilment company could easily have put it in the normal large letter card sleeve saving the boys some money. The price jump from large letter to small parcel is a big one especially when margins are so small.
I was also surprised by the size of the packaging, but I imagine they were erring on the side of caution because of the limited edition slipcase inside.
JAMIOUSE likes this.
Old 8th December 2016, 07:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

An A4 padded envelope would have surficed and been much cheaper! At least it's arrived which is the main thing, just need Seven Deaths, Dolls and Hands to arrive now...
Old 8th December 2016, 09:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Not directly, but they will already have sold the items to HMV, Amazon, or whoever else is stocking their titles. They might reduce their profit margin a little, but they will still be selling stock.
HMV will be buying them at a pittance compared to what they are selling them to us online.
There's no comparison in the profit sold to us and the 'profit' sold to HMV.
A much bigger turnover yes and provided HMV are good payers then it's keeping the cashflow coming in,but that's about it.
What I'm saying is,they should think about bumping up the price of shipping and damaging direct sales where the profit margin is the healthiest.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th December 2016, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
HMV will be buying them at a pittance compared to what they are selling them to us online.
There's no comparison in the profit sold to us and the 'profit' sold to HMV.
A much bigger turnover yes and provided HMV are good payers then it's keeping the cashflow coming in,but that's about it.
What I'm saying is,they should think about bumping up the price of shipping and damaging direct sales where the profit margin is the healthiest.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 9th December 2016, 02:44 PM
Active Cultist

i no longer double dip so only have 2 of there blus
Old 16th December 2016, 04:09 AM
Cult Master

"Wow, what a slog that was....

We have finally uploaded the masters and artwork for the first 4 Indiegogo titles on blu-ray and DVD to Technicolor this week.

Anthropophagous is proving to be far more problematic than we anticipated and we need a lot more time on it but we will get this to you guys as soon as we can mid next year.

In terms of the first 4, we will be dispatching these to the 1000 backers early in the new year. It's been a long process but we hope you will be happy with the results in the end.

Apologies for the slow response to queries, we have just been going solid on these 4 titles for the last 2 weeks so we could get them out to our backers. Hope you understand and normal service will resume shortly.

PS we will have slipcase pre-orders for Seeding of a Ghost and Intruder live soon so keep checking back here if you are interested in those."
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!