Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   101 Films (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/12955-101-films.html)

Susan Foreman 7th July 2022 06:30 PM

'Wicked World' (1991) - Blu-ray pre-order available from 101 Films direct - RRP £15:00

Release date: August 15

"Part of the American Genre Film Archive range.

The initial run comes with Limited Edition 'O-ring' packaging.

Total horror anarchy from the makers of THINGS!

In 1989, filmmaker Barry J. Gillis and friends renewed the world’s faith in Canada with the horror brainbomb known as THINGS. But that was only the beginning. Virtually unseen until now, WICKED WORLD is not only Gillis’ 1991 follow-up to THINGS — it’s also a new form of genre anarchy. Grant Ekland (Gillis) is a cop who is haunted by the death of his girlfriend at the hands of a psychotic slasher named Harold. When Harold is released from an asylum, there’s only one option for Ekland: revenge! Filled with metal riffage, gnarly ultra-violence, and experimental techniques, WICKED WORLD feels like what would happen if Salvador Dali injected acid directly into his brain while staring at a Cannibal Corpse LP cover. This is a highly personal treatise on the toxicity of society from one of the most singular filmmakers in trash-horror history. If you survive WICKED WORLD, you’ll never forget it.

NOTICE! This movie was shot on 16mm film and edited on tape. The transfer is taken from the original 3/4" master tapes."

Special Features
  • New transfer of the cut from the original 3/4” master tapes
  • Unseen 2019 director’s cut
  • Commentary with director Barry J. Gillis
  • REALITY: BEHIND THE SCENES OF WICKED WORLD documentary
  • Video essay: A TRIBUTE TO EDDIE PLATT
  • Video essay: TOMORROW’S DREAM
  • Marshall Law video
  • Original trailer
  • English subtitles

nicholasrope 7th July 2022 08:50 PM

I'm somebody who prefers the original artwork however these AGFA covers certainly creates the argument for new artwork.

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th July 2022 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 672905)
'Wicked World' (1991) - Blu-ray pre-order available from 101 Films direct - RRP £15:00

In 1989, filmmaker Barry J. Gillis and friends renewed the world’s faith in Canada with the horror brainbomb known as THINGS. But that was only the beginning. Virtually unseen until now, WICKED WORLD is not only Gillis’ 1991 follow-up to THINGS — it’s also a new form of genre anarchy. Grant Ekland (Gillis) is a cop who is haunted by the death of his girlfriend at the hands of a psychotic slasher named Harold. When Harold is released from an asylum, there’s only one option for Ekland: revenge! Filled with metal riffage, gnarly ultra-violence, and experimental techniques, WICKED WORLD feels like what would happen if Salvador Dali injected acid directly into his brain while staring at a Cannibal Corpse LP cover. This is a highly personal treatise on the toxicity of society from one of the most singular filmmakers in trash-horror history. If you survive WICKED WORLD, you’ll never forget it.

NOTICE! This movie was shot on 16mm film and edited on tape. The transfer is taken from the original 3/4" master tapes."

Special Features
  • Marshall Law video
  • Original trailer
  • English subtitles

I watched Things on The Last Drive-In last year......

Quite an experience [emoji23]

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th July 2022 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 672923)
I'm somebody who prefers the original artwork however these AGFA covers certainly creates the argument for new artwork.

Usually they've got reversible art.

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th July 2022 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
God help me, I bought these today. That's me up to date with them them now.

Attachment 241031

MrBarlow 9th July 2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 673018)
God help me, I bought these today. That's me up to date with them them now.

Attachment 241031

Think we have all gone beyond God's help Stephen :pound:

Good buys though :pop2:

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th July 2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 673021)
Think we have all gone beyond God's help Stephen :pound:

Good buys though :pop2:

Yeah, that's more than a possibility [emoji23]

Must say that i'm looking forward to Treasure of the Ninja.

Demoncrat 10th July 2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 672905)

Special Features
  • Marshall Law video
  • Original trailer
  • English subtitles

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. SOLD.
Another hilarious BJG comm (the Things one is GOLD due to his daughter :lol:)
HAPPY DEMON. :nod::hail:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th July 2022 08:19 PM

The only titles I haven't bought is Drug Stories and Godmonster.

Zodiac Killer
Effects
Macpherson Tapes
She Freak
are all worth a gander. :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th July 2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 673143)
The only titles I haven't bought is Drug Stories and Godmonster.

Zodiac Killer
Effects
Macpherson Tapes
She Freak
are all worth a gander. :nod:

I gave Drug Stories a quick spin the other day. I'm hoping it never makes me want to do drugs.....not counting alcohol, obviously [emoji23][emoji481]

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2022 01:05 PM

August 22nd.

1 Attachment(s)
Death Stalker I & II coming in August.

DEATHSTALKER

Deathstalker (1983) tells the tale of a mighty warrior (Richard Hill) tasked to battle the dark forces within a fantastic kingdom. Embarking on a journey to a brutally challenging tournament, Deathstalker seeks its magnificent spoils: the throne of the wicked wizard Munkar, an unstoppable mystical power, and the love of the beautiful Princess Codille (Barbi Benton). But first, Deathstalker must prove himself worthy of his legacy… with danger and treachery lurking at every turn.

Special Features
• Commentary with director James Sbardellati, special makeup effects artist John Carl Buechler, and actor Richard Brooker
• Theatrical trailer
• Photo gallery
• English subtitles

DEATHSTALKER II

In Deathstalker II (1987), the legendary swordsman (John Terlesky) finds his battle isn't over yet as he must save the kingdom from the iron grip of the tyrannical Jarek and the seductive Sultana. Together they have ruled the land by creating an evil doppelganger of the lovely Princess Evie (Monique Gabrielle). Enlisted into the service of the real Princess Evie, our courageous hero must now return her to her rightful place of power… but can even the dynamic Deathstalker defeat Jarek?

Special Features
• Commentary with director Jim Wynorski, and actors John Terlesky and Toni Naples
• Theatrical trailer
• English subtitles

Graveyard 12th July 2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673177)

DEATHSTALKER

Deathstalker (1983) tells the tale of a mighty warrior (Richard Hill) tasked to battle the dark forces within a fantastic kingdom. Embarking on a journey to a brutally challenging tournament, Deathstalker seeks its magnificent spoils: the throne of the wicked wizard Munkar, an unstoppable mystical power, and the love of the beautiful Princess Codille (Barbi Benton). But first, Deathstalker must prove himself worthy of his legacy… with danger and treachery lurking at every turn.

Special Features
• Commentary with director James Sbardellati, special makeup effects artist John Carl Buechler, and actor Richard Brooker
• Theatrical trailer
• Photo gallery
• English subtitles

DEATHSTALKER II

In Deathstalker II (1987), the legendary swordsman (John Terlesky) finds his battle isn't over yet as he must save the kingdom from the iron grip of the tyrannical Jarek and the seductive Sultana. Together they have ruled the land by creating an evil doppelganger of the lovely Princess Evie (Monique Gabrielle). Enlisted into the service of the real Princess Evie, our courageous hero must now return her to her rightful place of power… but can even the dynamic Deathstalker defeat Jarek?

Special Features
• Commentary with director Jim Wynorski, and actors John Terlesky and Toni Naples
• Theatrical trailer
• English subtitles

It is the golden axe live action? :lol: Jokes aside, love this cover, the movie is any good?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...I_Coverart.png

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 673179)
It is the golden axe live action? :lol: Jokes aside, love this cover, the movie is any good?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...I_Coverart.png

I like the movies. They really don't live up to Boris Vallejo's artwork though.

I have them both already on a Shout Factory dvd along with two other tits, swords and sorcery epics but i will be upgrading. Oh yes. :woot:

g053584398 12th July 2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673180)
I like the movies. They really don't live up to Boris Vallejo's artwork though.

I have them both already on a Shout Factory dvd along with two other tits, swords and sorcery epics but i will be upgrading. Oh yes. :woot:

But what could live up to the quality of Boris Vallejo's beautiful airbrush paintings? I've been a fan of his work since I was a kid. I loved Roger Dean's stuff as well.

I'll be upgrading too, although those two are already available from Germany.

Susan Foreman 12th July 2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673177)

Pre-order available from 101 Films direct - £18:00

Release date: August 22

will graham 12th July 2022 05:36 PM

The first one I thought was quite boring. The second is a lot of fun and is Jim's second best film after chopping mall.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th July 2022 07:40 PM

Used to have that on a Scream Fact ltd bd....

Time to revisit it.....

nicholasrope 12th July 2022 09:18 PM

101 Films are putting out some interesting titles, certainly not under the radar anymore.

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th July 2022 07:06 PM

101 Films

Watched She Freak earlier (and the extras).

Surely the BBFC have made a mistake with the 12 certificate for the whole package?, mainly due to the "The Laughing, Leering, Lampooning Lures of David F. Friedman" trailers compilation.

97 minutes of trailers full of nudity (some of it full frontal).

nicholasrope 17th July 2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 673422)
Watched She Freak earlier (and the extras).

Surely the BBFC have made a mistake with the 12 certificate for the whole package?, mainly due to the "The Laughing, Leering, Lampooning Lures of David F. Friedman" trailers compilation.

97 minutes of trailers full of nudity (some of it full frontal).

97 Minutes of Trailers, interesting, possibly treat it as a Grindhouse Trailer Classics type of thing.

nicholasrope 23rd July 2022 08:47 PM

I bought She Freak, I bought it for the Trailers. Originally I thought that there was a mistake similar to The Burning, where they accidentally put the violent scenes in.

However after checking the BBFC Website.and it's a 12, I agree it's gotta be a mistake, you can't make the argument that it's tasteful nudity ala Titanic, Mrs Henderson Presents. The blooming description they gave it sounds like it's an 18.

I hope that there wasn't a mix up where some poor Film got an 18 certificate instead of a 12.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd July 2022 09:10 PM

101 Films

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 673763)
I bought She Freak, I bought it for the Trailers. Originally I thought that there was a mistake similar to The Burning, where they accidentally put the violent scenes in.

However after checking the BBFC Website.and it's a 12, I agree it's gotta be a mistake, you can't make the argument that it's tasteful nudity ala Titanic, Mrs Henderson Presents. The blooming description they gave it sounds like it's an 18.

I hope that there wasn't a mix up where some poor Film got an 18 certificate instead of a 12.

Yeah, the trailers should've bumped the release up to a 15 at least. Thrusting naked male buttocks on a naked female made me double check the certificate on the front of the box [emoji23]

That sort of thing might fly in France or Germany for 12yr olds, but we're British, dammit! [emoji23]

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd July 2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 673764)
Yeah, the trailers should've bumped the release up to a 15 at least. Thrusting naked male buttocks on a naked female made me double check the certificate on the front of the box [emoji23]

That sort of thing might fly in France or Germany for 12yr olds, but we're British, dammit! [emoji23]

The examiner probably thought "I'm not sitting through ninety minutes of this shit, they're only trailers, what damage can they do?"

nicholasrope 23rd July 2022 10:05 PM

Yeah it got rather boring quite quickly, I was hoping for a selection of the AGFA titles from different genres.

Shame 88 Films didn't have that Examiner for Gestapo's Last Orgy.

Mind you, Love Camp 7 might have gotten passed.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd July 2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 673768)
Yeah it got rather boring quite quickly, I was hoping for a selection of the AGFA titles from different genres.

Shame 88 Films didn't have that Examiner for Gestapo's Last Orgy.

Mind you, Love Camp 7 might have gotten passed.

Are the trailers listed? Can you choose a film then watch a trailer or do you have no idea what's coming next as you watch?

I wouldn't bother with that but being able to choose a trailer of a film that interested me would be good.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673769)
Are the trailers listed? Can you choose a film then watch a trailer or do you have no idea what's coming next as you watch?

I wouldn't bother with that but being able to choose a trailer of a film that interested me would be good.

As far as I can remember (it was only last week I watched it too), they're not individually listed.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 673779)
As far as I can remember (it was only last week I watched it too), they're not individually listed.

:thankingyou:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 07:59 PM

Bought Lost Treasure of the Ninja yesterday!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 08:00 PM

THE BRAIN a week tomorrow!:happy:

nicholasrope 24th July 2022 10:12 PM

Can't seem to find a Trailer for this one, a bit strange, looked YouTube, IMDB

nicholasrope 24th July 2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 673788)
Bought Lost Treasure of the Ninja yesterday!

Really hope there's a AGFA Sale soon, I'm Interested in Treasure Of The Ninja, Zodiac Killer and that UFO one but I can't justify playing full price for them. Too much of a risk.

I did buy Effects but that looked credible and She Freak (For the Trailers) but currently they are the exceptions.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th July 2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholasrope (Post 673799)

I did buy Effects but that looked credible and She Freak (For the Trailers) but currently they are the exceptions.

Are those two any good? I can't remember what you said in your reviews.

nicholasrope 25th July 2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673800)

Watched Effects and was enjoying it however I was tired at the time and fell asleep, will watch again.

Only bought She Freak for The Trailers, have no intention of watching the actual film currently..

The Trailers got rather reperive quickly, not a range of genres.

Rob4 25th July 2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673800)

I liked Effects. It's grimy and no-budget, but it's also a competently made, interestingly constructed bit of regional horror. There is a Romero connection to it and Savini has a support role. The extras are very good also. If you liked Thrower's Nightmare USA book and interested in US regional horror then I think you'd be interested in this one Dem.

PS the print isn't great, but it's the only surviving elements, so better that's it's available than not.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 673808)
I liked Effects. It's grimy and no-budget, but it's also a competently made, interestingly constructed bit of regional horror. There is a Romero connection to it and Savini has a support role. The extras are very good also. If you liked Thrower's Nightmare USA book and interested in US regional horror then I think you'd be interested in this one Dem.

PS the print isn't great, but it's the only surviving elements, so better that's it's available than not.

I've had Nightmare USA for years and never even opened it. It's still in the shrinkwrap it came in.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2022 04:28 PM

I've had an email to say The Brain has been shipped, so I hope that arrives safely before the weekend.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th July 2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673809)
I've had Nightmare USA for years and never even opened it. It's still in the shrinkwrap it came in.

Time you did mate.

It's an American Low Budget/regional film bible.

One of the best books out there.

I think Code Red sourced their entire catalogue from this!:lol:

Just a pity there's never been a volume 2!

Rob4 25th July 2022 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 673840)
Time you did mate.

It's an American Low Budget/regional film bible.

One of the best books out there.

I think Code Red sourced their entire catalogue from this!:lol:

Just a pity there's never been a volume 2!

I think Thrower must have gotten side-tracked by his Franco project and the uptick in opportunities to contribute to BR extras... as there was a Volume 2 teased

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th July 2022 05:53 PM

After being on here last night,I went and read the introduction and the chapter on the brilliant Messiah of Evil,he certainly did mention a volume 2.

Demoncrat 2nd August 2022 09:47 AM

Just pre ordered Wicked World. :nod: