Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree645Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2021, 05:25 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Already posted by Dave, with a pic, a page back on the thread.
That's the problem with only putting a picture and not actually naming the film in the post - a search doesn't bring up anything!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th June 2021, 10:23 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
That's the problem with only putting a picture and not actually naming the film in the post - a search doesn't bring up anything!
That's the problem with only popping into threads to post announcements, you might not remember something from a couple of days ago.
Old 19th June 2021, 01:05 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's the problem with only popping into threads to post announcements, you might not remember something from a couple of days ago.
That's the problem when you don't spend 24/7 on internet forums - you have to pick and choose what threads you look at!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th June 2021, 02:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
That's the problem when you don't spend 24/7 on internet forums - you have to pick and choose what threads you look at!
I would think most regulars just look at the latest postings on all threads. It's not like there are hundreds a day.
Old 19th June 2021, 02:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Anyway

The new Basic Instinct Blu-Ray looks terrific.

The new restoration means you see in great detail the ice pick go through the guys nose in the opening murder.

There's a brand new hour long making of featuring Sharon Stone, Michael Douglas, Paul Verhoeven and screenwriter Joe Eszterhas that looks really good too although i only watched the first five minutes. Not even put the second disc in the player yet.

Other companies could learn a lot from StudioCanal when it comes to making new docs about movies. You know, actually interview the stars rather than the second assistant director.
Old 19th June 2021, 02:52 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Anyway

The new Basic Instinct Blu-Ray looks terrific.

The new restoration means you see in great detail the ice pick go through the guys nose in the opening murder.

There's a brand new hour long making of featuring Sharon Stone, Michael Douglas, Paul Verhoeven and screenwriter Joe Eszterhas that looks really good too although i only watched the first five minutes. Not even put the second disc in the player yet.

Other companies could learn a lot from StudioCanal when it comes to making new docs about movies. You know, actually interview the stars rather than the second assistant director.
I'm looking forward to picking up the 4K UHD when it comes out in the standard edition, shouldn't be long looks like the £40 one is already sold out

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th June 2021, 03:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm looking forward to picking up the 4K UHD when it comes out in the standard edition, shouldn't be long looks like the £40 one is already sold out
The 4K restorations on blu are head and shoulders above the average bread and butter blu. StudioCanal's Fifth Element that i watched last week was the best thing i've seen to date. Utterly stunning.

It was weird how almost automatically i upped my tv picture from standard to Dynamic around 26 minutes in during Basic Instinct.
Old 19th June 2021, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
The 4K restorations on blu are head and shoulders above the average bread and butter blu. StudioCanal's Fifth Element that i watched last week was the best thing i've seen to date. Utterly stunning.

It was weird how almost automatically i upped my tv picture from standard to Dynamic around 26 minutes in during Basic Instinct.
It is weird

Studio Canal, despite being fairly quiet on the bluray front for a long time, have certainly upped their game in recent years! The 4 John Carpenter films, Don't Look Now, Total Recall, Flash Gordon, Bill & Ted... all fantastic releases. And with The Howling and Near Dark forthcoming!!

Old 19th June 2021, 10:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

How good is the image quality of The Masque of the Red Death blu?

I bought the dvd when it came out earlier this year but haven't watched it yet. Thought i might cut my losses and sell it and buy the blu if it's really good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81qmMr6mCZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (89.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 19th June 2021, 10:45 PM
Cult Veteran

I can't compare it to the new DVD but next to the old one this is like watching the film for the first time. It is really gorgeous looking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!